Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome build! Congrats!
Have you decided on the color?
Old 07-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Steven31371
Pro

Received 301 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63
Thank you sir! It is absolutely a keeper!

Thank you! A little money thrown at it makes everything better!

Yep!
Right now, I have a Cobb Accessport with various tunes, including a few By Design tweaks, Kline loud exhaust and an Eventuri intake.
because it’s heavier than the GT2 RS you’ll need a bit more horsepower than the GT2 RS to compensate and truely have it all...about 730-750 HP to the wheels should about do it...but now your getting into big turbo territory, which is the route I went...

then you can make 850 to the wheels on pump gas...then you have a car that is faster despite the extra weight than a GT2 RS...has the good looks of a GT2 RS...but with all wheel drive...basically you beat the GT2 RS in performance in any situation.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:24 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGators
Awesome build! Congrats!
Have you decided on the color?
Yep! There is no Agate RS cars out there (unless it’s a PTSRS), so this color in itself will be one of a kind. Once I get the paint right, I will consider one the following wrap colors to go over it;

-satin white
-acid green
-bright yellow

Originally Posted by Steven31371
because it’s heavier than the GT2 RS you’ll need a bit more horsepower than the GT2 RS to compensate and truely have it all...about 730-750 HP to the wheels should about do it...but now your getting into big turbo territory, which is the route I went...

then you can make 850 to the wheels on pump gas...then you have a car that is faster despite the extra weight than a GT2 RS...has the good looks of a GT2 RS...but with all wheel drive...basically you beat the GT2 RS in performance in any situation.
It’s already the fastest car I’ve experienced to this point, so I honestly have nothing to compare it to; Big turbos are intriguing, but I need to ride in/drive one that has been properly set up to see if it is worth the cost of admission.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:43 AM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Old 07-07-2020, 02:58 AM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

That looks great. why change the wheels? Those are nice.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:29 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Awesome build, she looks well thought out and I love the new "RS" look...just curious have you priced the cost for the mods amd Turbo S starting point and the likely loss of value at resell time vs. the 991.2 GT2 RS? The GT2 RS also comes with all sorts of motor sports suspension goodies that the 3RS nor the Turbo cars do not have and of course the lighter glass and carbon fiber hood/fenders and magnesium roof and wheels (assuming the magnesium wheels option was selected), and the wheels (21/20 inch)/ride height/aero is wind tunnel sorted and verified as The Ring lap record holder, not to mention all the power upgrades and PDK upgrades. I just bought one a few days ago and they are now selling for around MSRP...mine has 3K miles so I got her for less then MSRP.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:01 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
That looks great. why change the wheels? Those are nice.
Im keeping them now... just got an extra set coming should I decide to change them up!

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
Awesome build, she looks well thought out and I love the new "RS" look...just curious have you priced the cost for the mods amd Turbo S starting point and the likely loss of value at resell time vs. the 991.2 GT2 RS? The GT2 RS also comes with all sorts of motor sports suspension goodies that the 3RS nor the Turbo cars do not have and of course the lighter glass and carbon fiber hood/fenders and magnesium roof and wheels (assuming the magnesium wheels option was selected), and the wheels (21/20 inch)/ride height/aero is wind tunnel sorted and verified as The Ring lap record holder, not to mention all the power upgrades and PDK upgrades. I just bought one a few days ago and they are now selling for around MSRP...mine has 3K miles so I got her for less then MSRP.

Thank you and Congrats! Your car looks AWESOME!
The GT2 RS is perfect, right out of the box!

To answer your question: I believe that the "true cost" of owning a GT2 RS over time will certainly prove to be less than my approach, due to the rarity and collectibility of them, but my total build will be roughly 50% of the cost of a current 2RS (while affording myself 90% of the looks and experience). Indeed, my car will never be as valuable as a true RS car, but I do believe that it will be interesting enough to present increased value to a potential buyer down the road.

I'm not too worried.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:08 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 857 Posts

Im keeping them now... just got an extra set coming should I decide to change them up!

Thank you and Congrats! Your car looks AWESOME!
The GT2 RS is perfect, right out of the box!

To answer your question: I believe that the "true cost" of owning a GT2 RS over time will certainly prove to be less than my approach, due to the rarity and collectibility of them, but my total build will be roughly 50% of the cost of a current 2RS (while affording myself 90% of the looks and experience). Indeed, my car will never be as valuable as a true RS car, but I do believe that it will be interesting enough to present increased value to a potential buyer down the road.

I'm not too worried.
Doing it “your way” is priceless individuality.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:51 AM
Steven31371
Pro

I want a 2RS with a back seat in Cabriolet lol

i’m ‘settling’ for doubling the power on my TTS Cab and lightening it as much as I can...pretty sure it will smoke any stock GT2 RS anywhere but the The Ring 😂😂😂🤷🏻‍♂️...and then I’ll put the top down, load the wife and two kids in the car and cruise up the PCH enjoying the ocean view lol

Still though....I would take a GT2 RS in a hot minute if it had back seats for my two car loving little ones....maybe they’ll make the car I really want one day but for now I’ll make it into as close as I can to MY perfect car.

you go GixxerBoy

Rodeo that GT2 RS you found is badass bro

both of you are getting what YOU wanted...congrats to both

Last edited by Steven31371; 07-11-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:52 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 424 Likes on 276 Posts

Along this line.

I am sure some of you guys have already seen this
Old 07-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Steven31371
Pro

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Along this line.

https://youtu.be/QOgzlnSLh6Y

Doing this is always gunna be a thing with GT2 RS owners I think lol

Put yourself in their position...if you want a car for the flashy looks you’d probably get a Lamborghini..you choose the GT2 RS for the engineering and performance over other flashier looking options...you also work your *** off you whole life to afford that masterpiece of engineering...then some guy comes along and spend a bunch of money to make their car ‘look’ like their car but without all the engineering details that make their car what it is....to the GT2 RS owner of course it’s gunna look absurd to do a build like Gixxers...and at least subconsciously probably a bit annoying that somebody is making a ‘fake’ version of what they’re so proud of being able to acquire...all that makes sense.

But

To everyone in the world that can’t afford, or doesn’t want to afford a GT2 RS Gixxer is gunna be heroic

And

its Gixxers money, and he presumably worked hard for it and is successful enough to play in this arena...so if Gixxer is liven his best life and is happy then I for one am happy for him, and impressed at how much work and attention to detail he’s putting into this build.

Love it or hate it it’s a very impressive build accomplishment if you’ve been following the thread...whether you think what he’s doing is right or wrong, he’s certainly going about it right

Just my two cents

impressive how he’s going about it and creatively getting it done
The following users liked this post:
indigo3000 (10-23-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

^
You speak the truth. Back in '05 I owned a yellow Murciélago. Sold my Porsche to get it. I ended up missing the Porsche.

We all make mistakes when we're young.
Steven31371 (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 05:15 PM
IdTamer
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

As someone who likes to mod my cars and make them mine, I am a big fan of this build. I would also love a gt2rs but most of us want something we can take to the grocery store and cars and coffee, and the TTS fits the bill. I also like having a car I love that I can use and enjoy without too many people yelling Dude, want to trade??? at every stop light. My 2 cents.

Gixxer, have you considered the cheaper option of trying out a color using autoflex or halo or one of the liquid wraps that use oem color? There is a guy in Raleigh that does it and quoted me about $2400 for the entire car

Just curious if you considered it

Old 07-12-2020, 12:33 AM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Doing it “your way” is priceless individuality.
Thank you! I am totally making it mine!

I want a 2RS with a back seat in Cabriolet lol

i’m ‘settling’ for doubling the power on my TTS Cab and lightening it as much as I can...pretty sure it will smoke any stock GT2 RS anywhere but the The Ring 😂😂😂🤷🏻‍♂️...and then I’ll put the top down, load the wife and two kids in the car and cruise up the PCH enjoying the ocean view lol

Still though....I would take a GT2 RS in a hot minute if it had back seats for my two car loving little ones....maybe they’ll make the car I really want one day but for now I’ll make it into as close as I can to MY perfect car.

you go GixxerBoy

Rodeo that GT2 RS you found is badass bro

both of you are getting what YOU wanted...congrats to both
Thanks!

...AND should you happen to get yourself a GT2 RS, I'll gladly swap my back seat for your rear seat delete so you can ride your kids around!

Originally Posted by neil.schneider

Along this line.

(LNR YouTube video deleted)

I did, but they are building GT2 RS replicas out of wrecked car.... a dead giveaway that shouts "replica!" is the 5 lug wheels!

Doing this is always gunna be a thing with GT2 RS owners I think lol

Put yourself in their position...if you want a car for the flashy looks you’d probably get a Lamborghini..you choose the GT2 RS for the engineering and performance over other flashier looking options...you also work your *** off you whole life to afford that masterpiece of engineering...then some guy comes along and spend a bunch of money to make their car ‘look’ like their car but without all the engineering details that make their car what it is....to the GT2 RS owner of course it’s gunna look absurd to do a build like Gixxers...and at least subconsciously probably a bit annoying that somebody is making a ‘fake’ version of what they’re so proud of being able to acquire...all that makes sense.

But

To everyone in the world that can’t afford, or doesn’t want to afford a GT2 RS Gixxer is gunna be heroic

And

its Gixxers money, and he presumably worked hard for it and is successful enough to play in this arena...so if Gixxer is liven his best life and is happy then I for one am happy for him, and impressed at how much work and attention to detail he’s putting into this build.

Love it or hate it it’s a very impressive build accomplishment if you’ve been following the thread...whether you think what he’s doing is right or wrong, he’s certainly going about it right

Just my two cents

impressive how he’s going about it and creatively getting it done
My intention was not to build a fake 2RS.
It doesn't look like one, its not badged as one and I'm certainly not trying to pass it off as one, so I'm not sure how this would ever offend a GT2 RS owner.

There ARE several cars out there that are actually trying for the GT2 RS look: LNC is building them out of wrecked cars (which is probably the better option if you want a supercar on a budget - but building one without Carbon Ceramics or Centerlocks just doesn't look right (if that's the look you're goin for), Wicked has went as far as badging theirs as GT2 RS (and It actually looks like one! I think this would be more upsetting to GT2 RS owners,), Sterling is calling theirs Turbo Cup and PorscheJezzica, a female race car driver from Sweden, has one bad-*** Turbo S with a full-on GT2 RS conversion, but has chosen to badge hers as a Turbo RS (which I think is super cool!)

Some cars of these cars are obviously done it better than others, if you're trying to go for for GT2 RS look... I am not.
There are plenty of GT2 replicas or "Tribute" cars from previous generations out there... I know, because I actually considered a 996 Turbo GT2 clone!
One guy even built himself a (one off) GT3 RS targa, which I thought looked pretty cool.

I have purposely selected 991.1 parts for my build, mainly because mine is a 991.1 and I (at least) wanted to keep the car period correct.
There was never a 991.1 version of a GT2RS and the 991.2 GT2 RS (from a purely visual standpoint), has its very own unique front bumpers with massive intakes that it does not share with any other 911 and then there's the rear bumper with its massive twin exhausts.... I doubt that anyone who knows Porsches will ever confuse my car with a GT2 RS!

I have borrowed parts from other cars and gave it a name that never existed; I think it should be embraced for its individuality.
I'm with Jessica.... It's a TURBO RS!

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
^
You speak the truth. Back in '05 I owned a yellow Murciélago. Sold my Porsche to get it. I ended up missing the Porsche.

We all make mistakes when we're young.
Yeah, I had a 1970 911E that I WISH I still had!

Originally Posted by IdTamer
As someone who likes to mod my cars and make them mine, I am a big fan of this build. I would also love a gt2rs but most of us want something we can take to the grocery store and cars and coffee, and the TTS fits the bill. I also like having a car I love that I can use and enjoy without too many people yelling Dude, want to trade??? at every stop light. My 2 cents.

Gixxer, have you considered the cheaper option of trying out a color using autoflex or halo or one of the liquid wraps that use oem color? There is a guy in Raleigh that does it and quoted me about $2400 for the entire car

Just curious if you considered it

https://youtu.be/0iRtUanEYS8

https://youtu.be/QTZzpENUKZc
Thank you.

I haven't considered it.
Maybe this "spray on wrap' stuff is getting better? As good as this looks on YouTube, I am still a bit apprehensive of a cheaper option.

Nothing I have considered for this build has been a compromise so far.

Last edited by Gixxerboy63; 07-12-2020 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:06 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Gixxer, Your build is top quality and looks amazing, you have had great patience and it pays off.

Nothing wrong having more Jezzicas, that butt looks really nice

And the front is even better.

Check out the GT3R hood and canards.

The LNC conversion with those wheels looks terrible.
4flynlow (07-31-2020)

Quick Reply: Gixxer's Turbo RS build