Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 02:10 PM
grim sleeper
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Went to see Sam and Craig at world Motorsports in Torrance. They switched out my almost new titanium IPE exhaust for their Kline inconel headers, 4 tip exhaust and 100 cell cats. They also installed a carbon moshammer diffuser.
I highly recommend this shop if you are anywhere close to Los Angeles.
Old 01-03-2024, 03:09 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 961 Likes on 586 Posts

Hey buddy, it was a real pleasure meeting you. Sorry I had to rush in and out but at least I got to meet you and our buddy from Brazil who visited as well. Enjoy it! And thank you.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 01-03-2024, 06:29 PM
ndfin
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Installed the JQwerks/MadTrace paddles - pretty easy to do and I gotta say these things are amazing. Very clicky and tactile with a ton of adjustability. I'd say it definitely makes the drive more engaging when in manual mode, as much as a PDK can do that. Here's a short video showing how they feel/sound. Not sure how to embed it into the post...

I ordered the Weissach style paddles with the kit as well. Not sure whether I'll swap out to them or not. Kind of liking the CF. Also included was a pair of shorter CF paddles. Pics of both:

Went for a drive... stopped at the gas station for a fill-up and a quick pic.

Lastly, reached out to Sam the man the a few days ago to inquire about Kline exhaust... and maybe a tune.. Now we're doing intercoolers and inlets too. So doing a bit more than I intended... I said I wasn't even gonna mod this car but I don't know how to leave things alone. I'm sure many of you can relate. It'll be well worth it I'm sure. Can't wait to dig into it once everything gets here. Oh, I also ordered a set of QuickJacks. I've had my eye on them for a while and decided to take advantage of the holiday deal they had going on since I could use them for this coming project. Seeing BigSwole's posts about them influenced the decision a bit too all in all, loving this car more every chance I get to drive it and super excited for what's to come.
Cheers
The following 5 users liked this post by ndfin:
Big Swole (01-04-2024), mgz911 (01-03-2024), Pb Pedis (01-04-2024), rodsky (01-03-2024), RSBro (01-05-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 06:48 PM
Matty's World
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ndfin
Installed the JQwerks/MadTrace paddles - pretty easy to do and I gotta say these things are amazing. Very clicky and tactile with a ton of adjustability. I'd say it definitely makes the drive more engaging when in manual mode, as much as a PDK can do that. Here's a short video showing how they feel/sound. Not sure how to embed it into the post...

https://youtu.be/7kwWJOz1sjA

I ordered the Weissach style paddles with the kit as well. Not sure whether I'll swap out to them or not. Kind of liking the CF. Also included was a pair of shorter CF paddles. Pics of both:

Lastly, reached out to Sam the man the a few days ago to inquire about Kline exhaust... and maybe a tune.. Now we're doing intercoolers and inlets too. So doing a bit more than I intended... I said I wasn't even gonna mod this car but I don't know how to leave things alone. I'm sure many of you can relate. It'll be well worth it I'm sure. Can't wait to dig into it once everything gets here. Oh, I also ordered a set of QuickJacks. I've had my eye on them for a while and decided to take advantage of the holiday deal they had going on since I could use them for this coming project. Seeing BigSwole's posts about them influenced the decision a bit too all in all, loving this car more every chance I get to drive it and super excited for what's to come.
Cheers

looking good sir
Old 01-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Cheers

Congrats on the mods and the QuickJacks brother! Glad my post helped ya! Always fun to spend money!! lolol
The following users liked this post:
ndfin (01-05-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 09:15 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 3,062 Posts

https://youtu.be/7kwWJOz1sjA

Cheers
I have a Kline inconel on my 996, looooooooove it.

Car looks awesome.
ndfin (01-07-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 05:09 PM
084runnerltd
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 35 Posts

Turned over to the new owner/forum member…
Pb Pedis (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 11:42 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 238 Posts

Gonna try it out in the twisties. Stock wheels and cup 2's with the boost turned way down and methanol off. Thanks for the help Sam.

The following 4 users liked this post by bigrpowr:
Bluemax2 (01-06-2024), ndfin (01-07-2024), pfbz (01-06-2024), RSBro (01-08-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 11:52 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Welcome to the Darkside Mike. Let’s goooo!
Old 01-06-2024, 12:07 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Looking good.
Old 01-06-2024, 12:21 AM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

...and why did you not get 169?
Old 01-06-2024, 01:34 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
Gonna try it out in the twisties. Stock wheels and cup 2's with the boost turned way down and methanol off. Thanks for the help Sam.

Wait! I bought a set of black one's from you just like that...Did you buy another set or had two?
Old 01-06-2024, 08:42 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Wait! I bought a set of black one's from you just like that...Did you buy another set or had two?
bought another set. lost money on that deal
Big Swole (01-06-2024)
Old 01-06-2024, 08:56 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
bought another set. lost money on that deal
lol. Sorry.

This set must have been re-powder coated or something. The coating was all inside the hub area and all around the lug bolt hole on the hub side. It took me forever to get that stuff ground down. Barely got them on and almost didn't get them back off it was still so tight around the hub.

Put my spacers on the other day and STILL had to pick that stuff out of some of the lug bolt holes.

Did they come directly off your car or what. If so, the fitment with all that coating was very different than for my car. Strange.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:35 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

yep the set i sold you 3 years ago were on my car no issue. neither was this set.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?