Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 delayed

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 03:54 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArtF10
Same here. My lock date is june 20th. So far no word according to dealership.
Originally Posted by Nick
This is odd. The bulletin which is posted in this thread was sent to all US dealers. I wonder why your dealers didn't receive it. My lock date is June 20th and I was advised of a delay of the delivery date.
I spoke with a Porsche representative while at PEC about the delay. He said he had heard about it but did not have any details (what else is new).

I mentioned that the bulletin states no US cars will ship until mid September and if that is correct that means the earliest delivery for the car in the US will not be until late October or early November. That was his understanding as well.

So if all the July builds for the US are being pushed back into September what does that do to the September/October builds.
Correct but that is not to say the dates are correct in the PVMS.

The bulletin clearly states that no US cars will ship until mid September. Yet, my delivery date was pushed back one week to October 6th. Can someone explain to me what type of ship they will be using to get my car to the west coast, PDI it and deliver it by October 6th?

see reply here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...8-ball-52.html
Old 06-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Thanks for the information. Do you know the reason for the delay?

Most of the US July builds are for Porsche's best customers. Yet, they will get their cars at the same time or after the September builds and even after ED customers for September and October.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:15 AM
Einmalig
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 71 Posts

Just 35 years of experience....😎
Old 06-18-2017, 01:22 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Chaosoul Thanks for the information. Do you know the reason for the delay?
No
Old 06-18-2017, 01:47 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,924 Likes on 5,198 Posts

Originally Posted by Einmalig
All US cars must meet both EPA and CARB certification prior to their release from port. This process has been taking longer recently due to emission irregularities at certain manufacturers. Vehicle production will continue and cars will be shipped to the US and held at port until certification is granted by both agencies. Sold Orders will be prioritized for release followed by any stock units ordered by dealers. Cars can be held up anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months depending on the agency and their satisfaction that the vehicles meet all published standards. Patience will be tested and early buyers will be calling their dealers weekly asking for a delivery date that simply cannot be predicted. As you might imagine, the dealers want the cars paid for and delivered as much if not more than the actual buyers. Let's hope for the best.
This is the same thing that happened to the Macan
Old 06-18-2017, 10:37 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Is it fair to say that the US emission agency's do not trust VW? A couple of weeks back there was a German newspaper report stating that VW may have altered software to pass emissions tests on some NA cars. This report was vehemently denied by VW.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:47 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Is it fair to say that the US emission agency's do not trust VW? A couple of weeks back there was a German newspaper report stating that VW may have altered software to pass emissions tests on some NA cars. This report was vehemently denied by VW.
Whenever a manufacturer uses software or whatever cheat method to game the test, the delta between their test mpg and real world is less than the EPA-encouraged delta that can be set up by switching the engine out for a smaller turbocharged unit, so I say cheat away.

You'll never see a cheat discovered by the EPA, the beaurocrats who run the test have only one goal, which is to look like they're helping to improve efficiency by generating higher and higher average economy numbers. Whether any gas is ever actually conserved is completely irrelevant.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

This is a concern. I can see the EPA/DOT "punishing" VW/Porsche as the fines were large. Germany was supposed to have started an investigation associated with manipulation of emissions data so I hope we as customers don't pay the price.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:49 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Just got a new tracking sheet from the dealer. Delivery is now 11/24/17 (one week later than before) . September build.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:19 AM
bader55
4th Gear

i am not sure the word cheating is the right word to describe the controversy, the regulators had set
unrealistic test method and manufactured followed.
any real car enthusiast knows that in the real driving condition those EPA figured published cant be
achieved.
the real question is why regulators didn't set a real life parameter or was it politicly driven
Old 06-19-2017, 03:37 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 240 Likes on 149 Posts

You'll never see a cheat discovered by the EPA, the bureaucrats who run the test have only one goal
Actually the GOP controlled House and Senate for years have stopped any and all programs.....to actually go buy and test vehicles off-the-shelf, so to speak, for compliance to the emissions and MPG rules. Don't blame the people that work there....they do what they are allowed to do and what's in the budget that has to get signed. Oh, use spelchecker....beaurocrats is actually bureaucrats.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DC911S
Oh, use spelchecker....
But I alreay spel so gud.

Anyway I don't know enough about the organization to say for sure who's at fault, it could be political as you say or whatever but all I know is the end result is the EPA ratings that show up on the Monroneys are a poor representation of real-world fuel economy and I'm sure the people that sign off on them know it.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:51 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by bader55
i am not sure the word cheating is the right word to describe the controversy
You can find a technical look at the exact steps that VW/Porsche/Audi/Fiat/etc. used to detect when a vehicle was driving on a road in THIS PAPER.

the regulators had set unrealistic test method and manufactured followed.
any real car enthusiast knows that in the real driving condition those EPA figured published cant be achieved.
There were no technical or packaging hurdles that prevented them from meeting the emission regulations, it was entirely a decision about price point.

the real question is why regulators didn't set a real life parameter or was it politicly driven
Spend a few weeks reading any proposed regulations from the EPA or NHTSA/DOT, comments to them and then final decisions and you'll quickly discover that the automotive companies set the regulations.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:52 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

As of now Porsche is holding ALL deliveries to dealers at the port.
Nobody car get an answer as to why.
Weird
Old 06-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJones
As of now Porsche is holding ALL deliveries to dealers at the port.
Nobody car get an answer as to why.
Weird
Has the bulletin to the dealers that said no US car will ship from Germany until mid September changed? If so, that would mean cars built in July can ship to the US but be held at port.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 delayed