991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:26 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Throttlesteerer
Oh wow, now LeMans. Really?

Is there an agenda here?
Sure not to respectfully leave this a Q&A thread around the threadstarter/owner.
(or will this lead to ask him about the result of the coming race)

I think the personalities of certain people have become clear.
Will stop to argue about this now.

#keepitreal

Throttlesteerer out.
This thread is a joke
nothing that isn t aleeady well known and a lot of far future unverifiable statements

people anxiety drive so much the need of future predictions
that is unrelevant they are true or not

so pts or whateverelse is the same

note this super exclusive deviated red frame
Old 06-16-2017, 01:06 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Eduardo,

Do you know if Club Blau (from the Carrera GTS Club Sport) is available as a PTS?
Old 06-16-2017, 01:50 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

ipse, Club blau is not on the latest list I've seen this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it is restricted for some time yet. BTW, does anyone know the paint colour code for it?
Old 06-16-2017, 02:25 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
This thread is a joke...
Then just ignore it. I & many others find this thread very
interesting & trust it will continue. And we hope Chaosoul
will soon return to give us his take on questions that have
been asked. In the meantime, we have a place where we
discuss various other topics of interest to our readership!

I believe that anyone has the right to post in our Rennlist
threads. But the forum's moderators eventually will have
to deal with individuals whose intentions on these threads
is just to be provocative & act as a 'troll'. In case you are
not familiar with the term, fxz, let me quote for you how
Wikipedia defines an 'internet troll':

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on
the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by
posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in
an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat
room, or blog
) with the intent of provoking readers into an
emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-
topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement."

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Eduardo, Do you know if Club Blau (from the Carrera GTS
Club Sport) is available as a PTS?
Nein. Porsche Club of America would like that that color
to remain exclusive to its 2016 'GTS Club Coupe', which
commemorates the 60th Anniversary of the founding of
our club, for quite a while longer!

https://www.pca.org/news/2015-01-21/...gts-club-coupe

The blue color is a formulation a few shades off from the 1974
Porsche vintage early 911 hue called 'Acid Blue/Bahama Blue'.
We know PAG doesn't hold any color 'exclusive' for long. Look
what happened to 'Brewster Green', 'Sport Classic Grey', 'Pure
Blue' from the 997 Speedster & others. Some eventually ended
up being duplicated for some clients in recent models. Others,
like 'Brewster Green' from the '991 Club Coupe' Limited Edition,
are now openly listed on the Approved PTS roster!

As a long-time PCA member, I would like PAG to keep 'Club Blau',
the official term for this special formulation, off the approved PTS
list. But knowing PAG as I do, I am not convinced it will not show
up as a PTS in the not-too-distant future!

Saludos,
Eduardo
On the road - Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Old 06-16-2017, 02:38 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Z356 from your last post

Originally Posted by Z356

"And this brings us to a more fundamental question.
Who is going to decide who should post on any given
thread here on Rennlist? Is it you, Throttlesteerer?
Are you the self-appointed arbiter in these matters? "

was you or someone hijacked your account?

Last edited by fxz; 06-16-2017 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:07 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been traveling and following Eduardo around. However, this came to my attention that I must write this post which is long overdue.

I think many of you have steered it into a literal Magic 8 Ball. Lately all questions are like "will next GT cars be turbo?" "What will Porsche do in 4 years?".

I've made it pretty clear that I do can share some near future info (like less than a year out) from time to time, but I don't want this thread to be all about that, because you guys are asking a bunch of questions even PCNA President will not know. Anything more than 1-2 years out is all speculation, guesses, and even if you do know the most confidential internal person that would break NDA contracts by telling you, they would not be able to give you a certain answer either because many of those things are simply not decided yet.

Think of these questions as just an added benefit that I might be able to answer. Believe it or not, there is a lot of info I just can't share with you guys. A lot of info I don't know, and frankly a lot of them probably no one knows.

Like mentioned in the beginning, some of the things I can for sure can help you with are:

- Dealer allocations for cars (how does it work? is my dealer BSing me?)
- Submitting order builds, timeline, waiting, production, delivery
- Option suggestions, option popularity %, CXX options, PTS
- Configurator
- Financing vs. Leasing vs. Cash details (also pros and cons). Why it makes sense?
- Resale values, auction values, trade in values
- Pricing for cars, MSRP, ADM, typical Discounts etc
- Personal finance, will you get approved?
- What dealer doesn't tell you? Is my dealer telling my the truth?
- VIP programs & how does it work?
- All Porsche models ownership & options driving-experience/feedback/suggestions

These are the things that I've been helping with people in other threads, like "Dealer allocation", "questions about options/headlights" "Financing" etc. I just thought to consolidate these here better. Please respect the thread as I am doing this out of no personal benefits. There is no ego trip for being anonymous. What I can guarantee you is the info that I do share are accurate. For non-believers, time will tell, eventually all the facts will come out in time, and you can come back and verify that they were all true. I'm not one of those people that'll say "Because of this and that, Porsche will build this many cars, or this will be the spec on the next car" and clearly as facts unroll and unveils, many are wrong. In the end, this thread was created because by you guys, of many RL members request, due to the dozens of private messages and suggestions, not simply because I want to create it for my own benefit.

I am not a prophet so I'm not going to know every question about the future that you throw at me, especially as most of the answerable questions get answered, more far-stretch questions get thrown. I'll answer what I can as usual. If I don't know or I can't tell you, I won't give you a BS answer based on speculation or my opinion.

Lastly I want to thank Eduardo keeping up the thread and giving his vast knowledge of PTS, PTS and Peyond.

Best,

Chaosoul
Old 06-16-2017, 03:15 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by shizzle
I've spoken to a few 918 owners now, and apparently, they've been told PAG is seriously considering bringing the manual back to the RS as well, but no final decision. Is this this even in the realm of possibility?

Nothing to confirm

Originally Posted by RealityGT
@Don Chaosoul - Is it possible to have already have an allocation for a GT2RS?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14255780

This offering of $160k for PTS allocation.

No, no allocations as of the date the post is posted in US. Unless you are VVVIP and not in the US (in which case, maybe, I don't know)
Old 06-16-2017, 03:40 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by 1-Bad-911
Hey
I'm hearing the next round of 991.2 GT3 allocations are coming in October 2017 for the US. If the next allocations are in October is that for a Jan/Feb 2018 build date? Can anyone confirm? Also, any idea if the dealerships are going to get a larger number of allocations than the received the first time? When are the PTS dates? Thanks......

Next round of GT3 allocations are currently set for September/October release which will be for January through March (sometime April) build dates.

Build capacity you see on the US side will be very similar to the first batch, although they are ramping up production, they are beginning other model productions (like RS), they are also ramping up production in many ROW countries that did not really get cars during this first batch due to regulations, testing, and small market size.

However, on the customer side you will feel more allocations are given due to the fact that there will be much less 918 VIP and VVIP taking up those allocation spots during the second allocation offerings.

No confirmed PTS dates
Old 06-16-2017, 03:53 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by ArtF10
Same here. My lock date is june 20th. So far no word according to dealership.
Originally Posted by Nick
This is odd. The bulletin which is posted in this thread was sent to all US dealers. I wonder why your dealers didn't receive it. My lock date is June 20th and I was advised of a delay of the delivery date.

Every dealer received the bulletin. Some sales advisors are kept out of loop, some managers didn't see, and not communicated to the customers.

I spoke with a Porsche representative while at PEC about the delay. He said he had heard about it but did not have any details (what else is new).

I mentioned that the bulletin states no US cars will ship until mid September and if that is correct that means the earliest delivery for the car in the US will not be until late October or early November. That was his understanding as well.

So if all the July builds for the US are being pushed back into September what does that do to the September/October builds.

90% of the Porsche Reps at the PECs do not know much about production, allocation, and dealer systems. Only the few that work with marketing, exclusive lounge, etc does.

September/October builds was told only small delays. July production is a reasonably small batch, and some cars will still be built prior to September but just not released. Also PAG will use this opportunity to move up allocations to some other countries to produce more US cars in September. September allocations should not feel more than a half month delay.

Correct but that is not to say the dates are correct in the PVMS.

The bulletin clearly states that no US cars will ship until mid September. Yet, my delivery date was pushed back one week to October 6th. Can someone explain to me what type of ship they will be using to get my car to the west coast, PDI it and deliver it by October 6th?

What type of ship? They're vehicle transport ships, or Ro-Ro cargo (roll on roll off cargo ships). Ship gets unloaded at San Diego port. San Diego Porsche facility does PDI on it, ships to your dealer, and your dealer does another PDI.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:58 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Amen.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:48 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

Sounds like a manual in next RS.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:04 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Thank you Don Chaosouleone...

Regards,
Enzo (the baker -the baker)
Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Sounds like a manual in next RS.
I want to believe u but after the 3.8 bust, IDK??? Although that was a good bust. It would sure seem like they offer it after putting in .2gt3. Why not, creates more demand after last one was PDK-only.

How's this: I'll bet anyone breakfast in NY or London area that 991.2 3rs comes in manual. And I do not have Chasoul intel, just a gut feel based on what we all know so far.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Mysterious Magic 8 Ball,

The current GT3 configurator only shows black interiors. I can't stand them, they're too hot in the summer and too dark in the winter. Do you expect they will allow orders with a two-tone option soon?
Old 06-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Majic 8 Ball: What are the "take rates" for 991.2 GT3 transmissions so far, manual vs PDK?

Quick Reply: Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball