just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Freier
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

matchy matchy
I'm impressed, but not surprised, at how clean you keep those shoes. That material is super challenging to keep clean.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,105 Likes on 2,124 Posts

John, I am sure you have tried Kwazar bottles, maybe I have even seen them in your garage but I was using those for a while. They are good. Otherwise the Zep do the job just as well, used those in the past a lot as well.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:04 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,703 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by Freier
I'm impressed, but not surprised, at how clean you keep those shoes. That material is super challenging to keep clean.
my garage at home is set up like Batman's house.
I enter and stand at a specific spot, open drawers on both side and start pulling stuff out and dress myself for ride.
on my way back, park bike and next to it is a wooden stool just the right ht to block the bike pedal so it will not fall over to hit the cars even if the rack failed. before taking anything off, I sit on the stool and spray this
thing called interior cleaner (by griots garage) all over the shoes, then wipe them. most every thing will come off (the front right shoe has brown scrubby mark b'c I cow tipped while trying to parallel hop a sidewalk in dolomite hahaha, after the failed hop, I made wrong turn and inGamba van found me 13 miles off course hahaha.... yes I amaze myself too with stupidity usually)

Originally Posted by Bxstr
John, I am sure you have tried Kwazar bottles, maybe I have even seen them in your garage but I was using those for a while. They are good. Otherwise the Zep do the job just as well, used those in the past a lot as well.
Kwazar is better but also more $. I tend to move too fast for my own good. often dropping bottles and run over them... so I use the cheap bottles. oh, the chemical liquid eventually kill the triggers anyways. so I have to replace them every so often. cheap is good. but if Kwazar would sponsor me, I do prefer them over the cheap home depot stuff.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:36 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

SUNDAY RAMBLING….

Today is an easy day. No real chores to do..
Daughter going out with her friends (she’s been instructed to text me when she leaves the house)
Son doing a bit of HW, then I will drive him to flag football practice in afternoon
I will ride bike in morning

All good

------------------

i get lost EASILY. Like I need a map to go from office to home… no kidding
so, I was riding my usual route; one I have done 1000x
those in the woodside, CA area knows: ascend kings mt > summit at skyline > turn left to hit alice then descend 84 and go home on Canada…
well, today I turned RIGHT for some unexplainable reason. next I know i’m on hwy 92
so to punish myself I did cañada 2x

all this time, daughter did not text (she should have been gone already)… I will have to chew her out when I see her later.

Finally got home… turned out daughter still at home… these 15 YO cannot figure out how time change works… so they are off an hour. No wonder she still home and didn’t text… I guess I wont chew her out.. good.

Son walks down the stairs looked at me “WHY ARE YOU HOME SO EARLY….”
I am thinking what kind of question is that!

But being an a**hole and I always try to bend his mind with strange logic… I replied “I am home early to make sure you are not misbehaving, and that you did your chinese HW, russian math, cleaned your room, ate breakfast, drank miik, cleaned my office and washing my cars. So how far along are you on those tasks???”

YOU SHOULD SEE HIS EYES, THEY POPPED 3X BIGGER THAN USUAL….

That was fun messing with him. I did reward him with a small ice cream. so dont call social services just yet
Old 11-03-2019, 04:16 PM
Stigs Cousin
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I alway's threatened to leave my son off with his real parents if things got out of hand!When he was little I would announce "we are going to Disney Land"Then pull up in front of a burned out building and say I guess Disney Land burned down.How about Great America instead?
Old 11-03-2019, 05:52 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ hahahaha. u win
Old 11-03-2019, 05:58 PM
Stigs Cousin
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Kids like parents that arn't too serious.We laugh about this years later.I alway's got the evil eye from mothers at his school when I told these stories, my helpful hints on child rearing!
Old 11-03-2019, 06:19 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

I think mothers have some build in instinct.
i let them figure things out.
mkm makes them lunch
dad “u figure out what’s for lunch and make
me some too “
Old 11-03-2019, 06:22 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 149 Posts

just coming out of a righteous food coma
last night, Franklin & Friends BBQ festival, a small gathering of 500 at Franklin's, but featuring half a dozen of Texas' finest pit-masters and some local distilleries to round it out.

warmed up with a Texas Cuban

then some carrot frito something or other but then made 3 passes at that banana bread pudding

few of these with that legacy, and some ribs that i forgot to take a picture of
then my photos got considerably more shaky...

Franklin's brisket - cuts from the flat and the point, some sausage and pickles to round it out

then an angel appeared with a tray of beef ribs from the back door of the smoke-house... while i was mid way into apple cobbler dessert

so i had to go back for another round of that

Setup was all food truck style, and Aaron was there to socialize... super guy and really cool to see the guy having a ball. Still the only James Beard recognized BBQ guy, if i'm not mistaken.

Was a ton of food - glad we went easy on the Czech kolaches and pastries on the way down to Austin...

Old 11-03-2019, 07:49 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

SUNDAY RAMBLING….

Today is an easy day. No real chores to do..
Daughter going out with her friends (she’s been instructed to text me when she leaves the house)
Son doing a bit of HW, then I will drive him to flag football practice in afternoon
I will ride bike in morning

All good

------------------

i get lost EASILY. Like I need a map to go from office to home… no kidding
so, I was riding my usual route; one I have done 1000x
those in the woodside, CA area knows: ascend kings mt > summit at skyline > turn left to hit alice then descend 84 and go home on Canada…
well, today I turned RIGHT for some unexplainable reason. next I know i’m on hwy 92
so to punish myself I did cañada 2x

all this time, daughter did not text (she should have been gone already)… I will have to chew her out when I see her later.

Finally got home… turned out daughter still at home… these 15 YO cannot figure out how time change works… so they are off an hour. No wonder she still home and didn’t text… I guess I wont chew her out.. good.

Son walks down the stairs looked at me “WHY ARE YOU HOME SO EARLY….”
I am thinking what kind of question is that!

But being an a**hole and I always try to bend his mind with strange logic… I replied “I am home early to make sure you are not misbehaving, and that you did your chinese HW, russian math, cleaned your room, ate breakfast, drank miik, cleaned my office and washing my cars. So how far along are you on those tasks???”

YOU SHOULD SEE HIS EYES, THEY POPPED 3X BIGGER THAN USUAL….

That was fun messing with him. I did reward him with a small ice cream. so dont call social services just yet

Hahah. Love your father humor Mooty. I got home today after a 4 game soccer tournament and asked my oldest (who is smarter than me, that's not saying a lot) "Why didn't you change the dog into a human like I'd asked?" He seemed perplexed so I added "they share 98% of our genetics...shouldn't be that hard for a smart kid like you".

Now getting lost on the way home...that's one that doesn't happen to me too often. NOT Remembering how I arrived is a whole different kind of deficiency that I suffer from greatly.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:52 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

holes are water jet cut
sorry for the dust, I haven't polished the cart this month
im ocd but you clearly win

Old 11-03-2019, 09:32 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Oh man. That franklins. You win Sunday food pics. Best bbq I’ve ever had. Blacks was solid too. And in a pinch Rudy’s is better than anything we can find in Ca.
was just in Austin but had to settle for airport salt lick. No time for even Rudy’s! :-(
Old 11-03-2019, 09:36 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 149 Posts

Black's was there last night at the Franklin fest... this was a full on smoked meat orgy.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by wru
Black's was there last night at the Franklin fest... this was a full on smoked meat orgy.
damn I’m jealous. oh what’s the other one. La bbq. Oh man.

That Austin bbq is serious business.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:40 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

I was going to say big dinner sunday night. but why lie big meal every day

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches