Sponsored by:

just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 03:44 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,703 Likes on 2,342 Posts

^ you are younger. but your posts got me thinking my crazy days with 86 supra, kaminari kits, cut springs and half my winshield covered with PLAYBOY banner... hum... maybe I still have that banner....

knight rider lights up front lmao

first gen CRX....
scirocco 8v 16v
GTi 16V
corrodo VR6

showing my age haha
The following users liked this post:
jamesinger (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 03:49 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 791 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ you are younger. but your posts got me thinking my crazy days with 86 supra, kaminari kits, cut springs and half my winshield covered with PLAYBOY banner... hum... maybe I still have that banner....

knight rider lights up front lmao

first gen CRX....
scirocco 8v 16v
GTi 16V
corrodo VR6

showing my age haha
well, guys like you are the reason I got into it in 1993!!
Old 11-08-2019, 04:19 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jamesinger
well, guys like you are the reason I got into it in 1993!!
good stuff
Old 11-08-2019, 04:30 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by ringzero
Best thread on the internet, kudos to all! 😎

GT3 is resting till spring, after 7200 fun filled kms this year, but I leave an S2000 in the Bay Area. Maybe one day this winter paths and schedules will cross and I’ll join you for a drive in those incredible hills. 🤘

I feel sorry for owners that have to put their car away for the winter. Although Canada has much more snow and cold compared to Colorado I drive my car all 12 months. Here we are at 11,000 feet.

Old 11-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

All this subie talk makes me want to take a hit off a douche flute.
#vapelife
The following 2 users liked this post by Spyerx:
D1ESEL (11-11-2019), jamesinger (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
I'm resident EVO but I think. I purchased a BBY for my wife when they first came out and was blown away by it. I had an STi at the time and stole it any chance I got. 2 years in, wife wanted a little more luxury so I bought her something else and I took EVO and modded it for track. Car had every bolt imageable and Muellerized Motons. One of the best cars I've ever owned.

Cut to last year and wanted one again. Searched all over for a clean car only to find 90% are beat to $hit. Found a truly clean GSR up here even though I wanted an MR and bought it. Car is as fun as I remember and crazy on weekend drives. Modded it with light bolt ons and runs e85. Even though not making big numbers, the torque is violent and laugh inducing (ask SSTHO).

I've always found them pretty bullet proof. I put about 80k+ street and track miles on my last one and it was solid. Currently searching (unsuccessfully) for my unicorn: a clean low-ish miles red MR. Pic of my car after detailing with mooty magic fluids last weekend.
i bought a Graphite Grey Evo 8 MR new back in 2005. that car was a lot of fun and would definitely have one again.

never modded mine but had a crank bearing die from oil starvation about 1 week after getting it back from service at dealer.
i'm convinced that they messed up that engine somehow. they repaired it under warranty, but never felt comfortable with it afterwards.

ended up selling it to the dealer and buying the RS4 that i still have.
jamesinger (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 05:30 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Spyerx
All this subie talk makes me want to take a hit off a douche flute.
#vapelife
That is some millennial ****. I consider it birth control but I am a bit older. If I was single though, I would have ZERO tolerance for that kind of BS.
OT but my wife almost gave me the experience of fighting 5 millennial aged boys by openly screaming at them about what morons they look like and are for vaping in the movie theater during the credits of a film.
Luckily, they were just offended and got awkward before just leaving. I was just hoping to not get beat up too bad but they ran out in fear of my wife. haha.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

You guys like the 4G’s.....I’m partial to the 4B and have had a great experience with it. First time Mitsu developed the Evolution before the standard Lancer and offered directly what was in Japan to us. Tomei did a great report. Also have some Factory PDF on the development if you guys are interested. One of them is a few hundred pages.
Subaru sucked the big “kahuna” on that front.
I’m currently looking at an import TMR edition. Only one I’d get outside of another X.
jamesinger (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

That is some millennial ****. I consider it birth control but I am a bit older. If I was single though, I would have ZERO tolerance for that kind of BS.
OT but my wife almost gave me the experience of fighting 5 millennial aged boys by openly screaming at them about what morons they look like and are for vaping in the movie theater during the credits of a film.
Luckily, they were just offended and got awkward before just leaving. I was just hoping to not get beat up too bad but they ran out in fear of my wife. haha.
jamesinger (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 08:52 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
You guys like the 4G’s.....I’m partial to the 4B and have had a great experience with it. First time Mitsu developed the Evolution before the standard Lancer and offered directly what was in Japan to us. Tomei did a great report. Also have some Factory PDF on the development if you guys are interested. One of them is a few hundred pages.
Subaru sucked the big “kahuna” on that front.
I’m currently looking at an import TMR edition. Only one I’d get outside of another X.
I never had an X but they seem awesome. I do like that the chassis is allegedly EVO specific. The only negative I have seen is cooling issues with the turbo pushed back by the firewall but unless you are pushing some bigger numbers, in stock, or simple bolt on guise, they are usually OK. I have seen a bunch of them have overheating and even fire issues at the track though. I got to drive the Greddy X that RRE was housing before it went to the crusher, and the RRE Ralliart (baby X), which was fun too + the guy who bought my black VIII was coming from an X that I did some laps on at STREETS with some other Xs that day, so I feel I have "test driven" them enough to like them for sure.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:55 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

also, can we take a moment to appreciate: DOUCHE FLUTE!!

D1ESEL (11-11-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 10:12 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Special request: Anniversary Dinner coming up. First one. Where would you go in the South Bay Area. We appreciate fine dining of all kinds.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:14 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

I never had an X but they seem awesome. I do like that the chassis is allegedly EVO specific. The only negative I have seen is cooling issues with the turbo pushed back by the firewall but unless you are pushing some bigger numbers, in stock, or simple bolt on guise, they are usually OK. I have seen a bunch of them have overheating and even fire issues at the track though. I got to drive the Greddy X that RRE was housing before it went to the crusher, and the RRE Ralliart (baby X), which was fun too + the guy who bought my black VIII was coming from an X that I did some laps on at STREETS with some other Xs that day, so I feel I have "test driven" them enough to like them for sure.

Interesting. I pushed mine at Autobahn for literally tanks at a time. Never an issued. The oil pump/pan was rated from the factory at 2.5g. As for the turbo placement, it lead for quicker spool and actually cooler conditions in the deck. The motor from my experience and some work with the big names in Chicago had great work with the 4b11. People though could not tune it the same way as the 4G. That was the issue. I was heavily on EvoM under the same name for many years.
jamesinger (11-09-2019)
Old 11-09-2019, 01:15 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Special request: Anniversary Dinner coming up. First one. Where would you go in the South Bay Area. We appreciate fine dining of all kinds.
sorry i’m not familiar with south bay
Old 11-09-2019, 01:35 AM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

LePapillon

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches