Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 reviews thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 04:52 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 625 Likes on 299 Posts

Hi guys it's Schmee and I just blew two monkeys. Now back to waiting for Harris's
review!!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:56 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Why do some reviewers go on and on about how awesome a car is, how fast it is, how great it performs and then spend the entire video doddling around like a school marm doing her first track day? That Carfection video guy should pay everyone who watched his video for his time. He basically said nothing but 'this car is awesome' while puttering around and providing nothing of substance. I want that part of my life back.
Same opinion, he looked like he was obligated to be there.

Best one I saw, was definitely the DriveTribe one:
Old 04-27-2017, 04:56 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
It's because he can't drive. I'm not being mean or trolling, I'm serious. Watch his videos.. he uses someone for occasional track work, he can't drift, he has no racing or road rally history like many of the others.. from monkey to ALL the evo guys.. even top gear and autocar guys.. all do events on the side. The carfection guy doesn't so much review as philosophize.. he can't go deep into mechanicals.. so his reviews are engaging, but not interesting or deep.
The carfection guy is great for more "normal" cars where a racing background isn't needed to feel all of the minor differences between the cars. Honestly most car reviewers could never tell the differences between the .1 and .2 GT3 just like most of us probably couldn't either. Plus you would probably need to drive both back to back in order to really access the difference.

So as a result most of these car reviews are simply car ****. I guess I'm okay with that.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:12 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by SKY57
What they did is just state the specs, drive and praise, same comments, same wording, different cars..
All of the Brit journos at Anglesey were using the same car.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 92 Posts

I found these reviews worthless. They hardly provide any information that I don't know.
I know the specs, I know it is fast, it sounds good, it has grip, the steer is precise.
For me, I want to know how this new car feels compared to the .1GT3, .1GT3RS, and other competitors. Why should I choose .2GT3 over the .1GT3, RS, AMG GTR or whatever.

So far I feel it is not a game changer comparing to the last GT3, comparison is hardly mentioned. When the 991.1 GT3 is out, every reviewer kept saying 'this is miles ahead of the 997 GT3'.....

Car reviews don't need to look like those Xhmee or JWWWWWW vlogs. What they did is just state the specs, drive and praise, same comments, same wording, different cars..
I am not sure what you were expecting. Most if not all reviews said, if they had to buy one drivers' car it would be the .2GT3. Doesn't that say enough?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:16 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick
I am not sure what you were expecting. Most if not all reviews said, if they had to buy one drivers' car it would be the .2GT3. Doesn't that say enough?
And then they all went to a BMW event and said the same. These 'car journalists' are a joke to me. This brand today, that brand tomorrow...now who wants to advertise on my website. One of those Youtube 'journalists' is sponsoring mens belts now LOL...yeah they are VERY reliable sources. NOT
Old 04-27-2017, 08:29 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 138 Posts

The drifting is boring and annoying and unimpressive in all these videos. Maybe they are catering to a different crowd. Put a go pro on the front bumper and turn some hot laps around Sebring/Road Atl/VIR... That would be worth watching without any narration.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:33 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
And then they all went to a BMW event and said the same. These 'car journalists' are a joke to me. This brand today, that brand tomorrow...now who wants to advertise on my website. One of those Youtube 'journalists' is sponsoring mens belts now LOL...yeah they are VERY reliable sources. NOT :big gulp:
I am confused. Are you unhappy with the quality of the reviews, the reviewers or both? Are you getting a .2GT3 and if so do you have an allocation?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:35 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
The drifting is boring and annoying and unimpressive in all these videos. Maybe they are catering to a different crowd. Put a go pro on the front bumper and turn some hot laps around Sebring/Road Atl/VIR... That would be worth watching without any narration.
+1. Drifting is just to drive up ratings. Looks cool to the average viewer and the reviewer gets to bable "Blah, blah, blah". Even Chris Harris does it on Top Gear.

I too would rather watch Go Pro footage of hot laps. It's a shame.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:43 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Let's count how many times he says "Mega".
We need to drink a shot every time he does.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:43 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Hi guys it's Schmee and I just blew two monkeys. Now back to waiting for Harris's
review!!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:46 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by surfer
Even Chris Harris does it on Top Gear.

I too would rather watch Go Pro footage of hot laps. It's a shame.
LOL - he's the inventor of this silly stuff...the drift king of car journalists.

It's fun about the first 1000 times, then becomes a little redundant on videos.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:51 PM
SKY57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
But why do they pick the GT3? Why does GT3 stand out? Telling me GT3 is good by drifting over every corner is far from enough.
These reviewers say the same thing for all cars. No useful information in most cases. If they can't say anything I don't know, and have the same comments for all cars, Huracan, GT3, R8, GTR, then what's the point of these reviews? Entertaining to watch though. Maybe that's the point.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:52 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

brit reviewers in general are always much more informed, articulate and incisive than american ones

among the brits, jethro and monkeyboy are the most attuned to real enthusiasts... sutcliffe is excellent too but he seems to not shot anything in a while

any person's perspective on drifting an expensive car on track changes if they are paying for tires ... anyhow, for these video journalists they do need to pander for add'l eyeballs, so need to broadcast for as wide an audience as possible, not just us pag nerdo track rat fanboys
Old 04-27-2017, 08:55 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

But why do they pick the GT3? Why does GT3 stand out? Telling me GT3 is good by drifting over every corner is far from enough.
These reviewers say the same thing for all cars. No useful information in most cases. If they can't say anything I don't know, and have the same comments for all cars, Huracan, GT3, R8, GTR, then what's the point of these reviews? Entertaining to watch though. Maybe that's the point.
Ding. Ding. We have a winner. They are entertainment at the end of the day, nothing more really when you look at 99% of them.

They are fun to watch, but really don't offer much in the way of real comparisons.

But hey they got a free trip and hope their video is more viewed than Shemeeeeeee

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 reviews thread.