Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 reviews thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:19 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if you drove a .1 vs .2 back to back with same options if you would feel much difference. I had mine realigned to stock specks after 2K miles and the car was quite different. Dealer said it was out of original speck and I wonder just how many are. It had more push before and now most all that is gone and steering is more sensitive to input.

Either way the car was the best car I had ever driven when I got it and just more amazing with time. I know they can be fully exploited on the track but this thing on a mountain road just shines. No need to to go 9/10s with plenty of turns, just have to keep acceleration in check on the straights.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:39 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the biggest aspects of the .2 that will change the 'feel' over the .1 will not be the chassis, but rather the sound, the torque, and the manual (for those that choose it).

I also wonder how much different the steering 'feel' will be (combined with the tire differences). The tuning and calibration on those things seems to get better and better.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,461 Likes on 763 Posts

I am expecting the software for the Steering/RWS will be upgraded to the RS(+) calibration. It appears from what AP has stated that the gap between normal and sport on PASM will be greater so expecting normal to be softer than .1 for the street and more aggressive in sport.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:19 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I am expecting the software for the Steering/RWS will be upgraded to the RS(+) calibration. It appears from what AP has stated that the gap between normal and sport on PASM will be greater so expecting normal to be softer than .1 for the street and more aggressive in sport.
I have NEVER driven my .1 GT3 in the Sport PASM mode, not even on track at AMP at Smokies GT last week. No need. It's perfectly damped in regular (comfort?) mode. Even when a Porsche driving instructor from PEC Atlanta switched seats with me and ran a few hot laps to show me what the car could do, I noticed that although he put the car in PDK Sport mode with Sport Exhaust ON, he didn't turn on Sport PASM.

All I can say is I hope to hell they don't make Sport PASM any stiffer. It's already too stiff to be of any real use.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:44 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,324 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Jimmy, can you tell me where you got this information on the increased gap between normal and sport in PASM for the .2 GT3?

I've seen all the videos/articles and I remember AP saying the ride was more comfortable in the .2 GT3 for regular driving, due to helper springs etc, but I don't remember where he said there was a bigger gap between the PASM settings in the .2 GT3.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:09 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Was convinced it was mentioned that normal would be more comfortable, but can't remember where, or if that comfort was solely down to valving / helper springs or also down to PASM calibration.

With regard to tires some of the previews mentioned that the tires would have a greater range of abilities to support daily driving (rain / colder weather) but I don't remember any claims with regard to better grip?
Old 05-01-2017, 09:59 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Jimmy, can you tell me where you got this information on the increased gap between normal and sport in PASM for the .2 GT3?

I've seen all the videos/articles and I remember AP saying the ride was more comfortable in the .2 GT3 for regular driving, due to helper springs etc, but I don't remember where he said there was a bigger gap between the PASM settings in the .2 GT3.
Originally Posted by IrishAndy
Was convinced it was mentioned that normal would be more comfortable, but can't remember where, or if that comfort was solely down to valving / helper springs or also down to PASM calibration.

With regard to tires some of the previews mentioned that the tires would have a greater range of abilities to support daily driving (rain / colder weather) but I don't remember any claims with regard to better grip?
If my memory serves me right, this is what I remember hearing. Either way, I believe it won't be that noticeable.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:57 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
I have NEVER driven my .1 GT3 in the Sport PASM mode, not even on track at AMP at Smokies GT last week. No need. It's perfectly damped in regular (comfort?) mode. Even when a Porsche driving instructor from PEC Atlanta switched seats with me and ran a few hot laps to show me what the car could do, I noticed that although he put the car in PDK Sport mode with Sport Exhaust ON, he didn't turn on Sport PASM.

All I can say is I hope to hell they don't make Sport PASM any stiffer. It's already too stiff to be of any real use.
With all respect I think that the guys developing and tuning chassis know much better. I actually find Sport PASM too soft in 991.1. It's gonna be great to have wider range of the suspension. Softer for normal use/ bumpy tracks and stiff for flat ones.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:42 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Hi guys it's Schmee and I just blew two monkeys. Now back to waiting for Harris's
review!!
I think Shmee caters to a different crowd. He caters to the kids who are just salivating to see or hear anything about these special cars... he's definitely not catering to you.. or even me.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:44 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
The drifting is boring and annoying and unimpressive in all these videos. Maybe they are catering to a different crowd. Put a go pro on the front bumper and turn some hot laps around Sebring/Road Atl/VIR... That would be worth watching without any narration.
I agree with you that it's hard to take them serious if they are "tracking" without a helmet. And I agree, that these guys should put more track footage on...

That being said, I don't mind the drifting. I like it. Holding a slide is not as easy as it seems on track. For me, since I track mostly, I don't really care to drift, but I understand why people like it.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:01 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 05-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 386 Posts

EVO leader board from the video.
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2017, 08:04 AM
2006m5
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

^^^good video...not just drifting.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:32 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That video just should stop ANY speculation which one is better. GT3RS or GT3.2. Thread closed. I go for a drink.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:54 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Especially if bought over sticker

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 reviews thread.