Sponsored by:

Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 03:18 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Early 2018 for the announcement, production or arrival to dealers? Can mean different things. A dealer told me late 2017 start of production for early 2018 arrivals.

No delivery or production this year.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:38 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 640 Likes on 305 Posts

Was this possibly pushed back b/c of this?
https://www.motor1.com/news/147512/p...ions-cheating/
Old 06-05-2017, 05:27 PM
porscharu
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Was this possibly pushed back b/c of this?
https://www.motor1.com/news/147512/p...ions-cheating/
I find this interesting that many shops have noticed that when the 991 GT cars are put on two wheel dynos they under perform. Not only that, but the ignition, fuel, and timing adjustments can be different.......Interesting.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:03 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
Thanks for the very recent update Eduardo! Was wondering if Grigio Telesto will be approved for Macan/Panamera since last was only slate grey 6601 and Grey black.
That sucks, I hope they make it available for the 991.2 RS because thats what I was planning on trying to go for :/ I guess I'll have to go to slate or grey/black then.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:41 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Will the new Cayenne be full 5 seater? Or kind of 4+1 Panamera type?
Old 06-06-2017, 03:18 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
That sucks, I hope they make it available for the 991.2 RS because thats what I was planning on trying to go for :/ I guess I'll have to go to slate or grey/black then.

Hm? What sucks? I said it wasn't available on Macan, now it is lol.

For 911 its been an approved color for a little while lol
Old 06-06-2017, 05:50 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Will the new Cayenne be full 5 seater? Or kind of 4+1 Panamera type?
Option for 7 seats I think..??
Old 06-06-2017, 09:52 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 970 Posts

Magic 8: will we still be able to delete radio and AC in upcoming 2&3RS and will we be able to get the titanium rollbar?
Old 06-06-2017, 02:16 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Nizer...is that you?

Originally Posted by Nizer
Magic 8: will we still be able to delete radio
and AC in upcoming 2&3RS and will we be
able to get the titanium rollbar?
Warren:

Some of us were wondering when/if we
would see you on this thread! And voila,
as if on cue, here you are!

What took you so long? Too busy posting
elsewhere?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 06-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by porscharu
I find this interesting that many shops have noticed that when the 991 GT cars are put on two wheel dynos they under perform. Not only that, but the ignition, fuel, and timing adjustments can be different.......Interesting.
FWIW they dont need steering angle, the cars have 3 axis accelerometers, pretty straight foward to determine if the car is moving or not, and if its not
under load (accelerating the mass of the car) its no surprise that the ECU is
adjusting the settings accordingly since it doesn't need to burn as much fuel
to spin the wheels on some rollers...

I could even see this occurring not as an attempt to deliberately foil emissions but simply as a result of inputs to the car in such situations being applied to the
normal ECU control functions of the engine performance
Old 06-06-2017, 03:22 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Magic 8: will we still be able to delete radio and AC in upcoming 2&3RS and will we be able to get the titanium rollbar?
if you want radio delete in 2&3RS you need to start making your voice heard. start petition. start a thread on rennlist. contact your dealer. actually scratch that, dealer will be useless. instead contact PCNA and PAG and tell them you want radio delete in USA. the rear view camera law has "phase-in" clause and doesn't kick in until May of 2018, so all 2&3RS cars built before can be built with radio and rear view camera delete. but you need to make your voice heard - that is only way because believe or not, PAG and PCNA do listen to their customers (case in point: 6spd resurrected back to life)

i know a lot of people who want radio delete in their 2&3RS cars -- let's start a petition or dedicated rennlist thread so PAG and PCNA knows how popular this option is...
Old 06-06-2017, 03:35 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
if you want radio delete in 2&3RS you need to start making your voice heard. start petition. start a thread on rennlist. contact your dealer. actually scratch that, dealer will be useless. instead contact PCNA and PAG and tell them you want radio delete in USA. the rear view camera law has "phase-in" clause and doesn't kick in until May of 2018, so all 2&3RS cars built before can be built with radio and rear view camera delete. but you need to make your voice heard - that is only way because believe or not, PAG and PCNA do listen to their customers (case in point: 6spd resurrected back to life)

i know a lot of people who want radio delete in their 2&3RS cars -- let's start a petition or dedicated rennlist thread so PAG and PCNA knows how popular this option is...
I will sign for radio delete. I will also sign and prepay the Weissach package today if it means we will get the Ti Rollbar.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918

You might begin by asking questions (that might get uncomfortable) about weight. Do US spec cars actually "make weight" without the radio delete option? Because I can't see how they do. If they don't, is Porsche being completely honest with journalists and customers?

Porsche engineers have made it clear that they quote the lightest possible specification for their listed curb weight (per DIN standards)- small fuel tank, radio and AC delete, PCCB, lightwight buckets, base headlight, etc. This strikes me as gaming the system a little, but technically it's correct. However this means US spec cars should be heavier if certain options are unavailable- lightweight buckets as opposed to heavier US spec buckets, no radio or AC delete, etc.

None of Porsche's marketing or sales materials reflect that the US spec GT3 is porkier than its euro spec counterparts... But how can that be if the above is true?

If I were a customer who wanted radio delete I'd make it clear that I intended to order the lightest possible spec (with Porsche's help) and then put my car on certified scales the moment it comes in. I'm sure we could do an article on how close Porsche comes to hitting their advertised weight and get the results published if you wanted.

I'm interested to know how forthright Porsche is being on the weight issue, and I suspect I'm not the only one. I understand there are regional regulations that must be complied with, but if we're getting a materially different product I think that should be made clear. One thing I've respected over the past few decades is that Porsche stopped making "euro" and "US" spec cars (i.e. RS America vs ROW RS). But is that policy slowly changing?
Old 06-06-2017, 06:19 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
You might begin by asking questions (that might get uncomfortable) about weight. Do US spec cars actually "make weight" without the radio delete option? Because I can't see how they do. If they don't, is Porsche being completely honest with journalists and customers?

Porsche engineers have made it clear that they quote the lightest possible specification for their listed curb weight (per DIN standards)- small fuel tank, radio and AC delete, PCCB, lightwight buckets, base headlight, etc. This strikes me as gaming the system a little, but technically it's correct. However this means US spec cars should be heavier if certain options are unavailable- lightweight buckets as opposed to heavier US spec buckets, no radio or AC delete, etc.

None of Porsche's marketing or sales materials reflect that the US spec GT3 is porkier than its euro spec counterparts... But how can that be if the above is true?

If I were a customer who wanted radio delete I'd make it clear that I intended to order the lightest possible spec (with Porsche's help) and then put my car on certified scales the moment it comes in. I'm sure we could do an article on how close Porsche comes to hitting their advertised weight and get the results published if you wanted.

I'm interested to know how forthright Porsche is being on the weight issue, and I suspect I'm not the only one. I understand there are regional regulations that must be complied with, but if we're getting a materially different product I think that should be made clear. One thing I've respected over the past few decades is that Porsche stopped making "euro" and "US" spec cars (i.e. RS America vs ROW RS). But is that policy slowly changing?

I'd look at weights as comparative measure vs. an absolute measure. If US Spec Porsches are heavier than their Euro Counterparts (which was confirmed to me, in person, by an exec at PCNA), aren't other cars likely to suffer the same fate in some form or fashion? In the end, we are talking in the order of, I think, 10's of lbs... certainly less than 50, which is the difference between a gas tank being full vs. half full. I don't notice it...
Old 06-06-2017, 06:25 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Warren:

Some of us were wondering when/if we
would see you on this thread! And voila,
as if on cue, here you are!

What took you so long? Too busy posting
elsewhere?

Saludos,