Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Okay, just to be clear, I am summarizing the last posts, and then asking for clarification from the posters. Checking to see how aggressive I should be, or how panicked I should be.

"I €™ve heard it referenced as builds until July 2018 are out from dealers" - SToronto
"Builds were released through November 2018" - jlee504
"The person before my is scheduled for April and my car is scheduled for November." - dieselino
" I have been "given" an allocation for a GT3 September 2018 build" - Floorit

I have a build status V070, essentially a "promised allocation", or a "pie in the sky" as has been stated. When I first put the order in summer this year, the original expected delivery date for mine was spring 2018, but of course it is now expected to be delayed at best.

So, my question to SToronto, jlee504, dieselino, and Floorit, and anyone else who can contribute:
Are the above referenced builds V200 status, truly confirmed and definite build dates, or are they "expected", "promised"", "rumored", build and delivery dates?

Thank you all for answers.

Last edited by Palting; 11-26-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Floorit
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Palting, I tried to get a V200 (which is a guaranteed GT3) for my September 2018 build (Calendar year 2018) which would be a MY (model year) 2019 GT3 but the Porsche dealer could not enter one into the system despite both of us willing and interested to do this. I got a V070 for my efforts which doesn't really have much if any value....."pie in the sky". All I can speak about are my efforts. If my experience represents what would happen with everyone, you cannot yet get a guarantee for a 2019 GT3 (built after the summer of 2018) so anyone that says they have one likely has a V070 which is just a request for a 2019 GT3. The question really is....is there anyone with a V200 for a 2019 GT3......based on my experience at the Porsche dealer, it seems unlikely.....anyone.....anyone....

Now a June (spring) 2018 build date would be for a 2018 GT3.....I cannot speak to those people and perhaps others can indicate if they have a V200 on a spring 2018 build date. I am interested in a 2019 GT3, a better time frame fit for me.

Terms such as "scheduled for" are a bit confusing to me since I do not know if that means build date or delivery date. The key really is the build date I think....before the summer of 2018 is a 2018 GT3 and after the summer of 2018 is a 2019 GT3...IMO.
V070 is not a guarantee.
My dealer told me he had the September 2018 build date allocation ....I just do not know if my Porsche dealer assumed he had that allocation or has been guaranteed that allocation already.
So....assuming that Sept 2018 allocation was already guaranteed to him (which I do not know), and knowing that I cannot yet get the guarantee of a build (V200), I did ask him during our meeting.....hey what if Bill Gates comes along and wants that September 2018 allocation...will you give it to him? His response was....no it's yours. I do not do business that way. My dealer is a good guy.

Last edited by Floorit; 11-26-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
They should offer them a settlement.
The top GTx car in every model year
for free, if they keep their mouth shut
and let P operate a third shift. I'd take
that deal in a nanosecond.
Send PAG a letter with your suggestion!
Maybe they will be so impressed with
your idea that they will reward you with
a .2 991 gt2 RS!

See my comments in 'RED' & follow them
in the satellite shot below:

Originally Posted by dark knight
Eduardo, perhaps I have my directions screwed
up, so if you go through the plant to the visitors
gate with out door parking, that I believe is
Porschestrasse....
Here is Porschestrasse looking towards the
factory gate in April of 2013 taken near the
intersection with Adestrasse:

walk to the intersection and turn left, then walk uphill
to where there used to be where cars are picked up
by transporter...
Here is what you are talking about & the grade is slightly up,
but few would call it a 'hill'! Photo was taken on my 2015 visit!
Pretty much the same as had been since my first visit to the
factory in 1981!

This is now all torn down & part of the new Mission E plant. Here are photos
I took in April of 2017:

Notice the train tracks. Across the tracks & the pedestrian bridge
is the 'Zuffenhausen-Elbelen' neighborhood!

keep walking up the hill, then on your right is an employee parking
deck, then past that is the train tracks. Over the tracks is the area
we are speaking of? Are we talking about the same area?
If you keep walking slightly upgrade on Adestrasse you will find
the employee parking almost directly across the bridge over the
train tracks. If you walk left after you cross that same street bridge
on Adestrasse, you can access the 'Zuffenhausen-Elbelen' residential
neighborhood via an alley called Ostseestrasse & then you will
run into the streets of Usedomstrasse & Wollinstrasse:

And some of the homes on Usedomstrasse have a pretty
'good' view of Werk II. Here is one where an owner allowed
me to take a photo from their back yard. I believe the
building you see is the one where the 918 was assembled!

The old Werks I photo is awesome,
any Kronestrasse pics?
Kronenstrasse pics? Sure...doesn't
everyone here on Rennlist have at
least one or two?

Your humble correspondent in front of
the Kronenstrasse building in April 2013:

Also below is part of post I wrote here on this
forum on my visit to the historic Kronenstrasse
address!

Post #60
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/751502-a-visit-to-zuffenhausen-will-i-see-andreas-or-a-991-gt3-4.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale

Last edited by Z356; 11-26-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-26-2017, 02:41 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

^^ wow Eduardo, great information and history, thats the area I didnt realize there were houses closer to the east, too me it seemed like a hill to the garage, but carrying my heavy camera bag plus a bag of souvenirs from the museum it was a long hike "uphill" (as they say ounces equals pounds and pounds equals pain) , Id like to move there someday and look into the building with a telescope! haha, I always thought what cool place to retire to, but I think the amenities at the Zeppelin might be more to my liking and cheaper overall than buying a place. Kronenstrasse should become a museum, I think I'll go there next time I visit. Was Works II the original engine assembly?, once upon a time motors were built and hot tested in engine assembly and I miss seeing them glow red hot on the test stand, how the little company has grown
Old 11-26-2017, 09:21 PM
dieselino
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting

So, my question to SToronto, jlee504, dieselino, and Floorit, and anyone else who can contribute:
Are the above referenced builds V200 status, truly confirmed and definite build dates, or are they "expected", "promised"", "rumored", build and delivery dates?

My order is a V070, so means nothing so far. The part I dont understand is that my dealer told me (about a month back when all dealers were getting their allocations for 2018) that they got 3 allocations for 2018 and that I was #2. The #1 person is scheduled for April, but mine is November. If the allocations are suppose to be for 2018, wouldn't November be a 2019 vehicle? He said the date might move, really hope it does as I the thought of waiting another full year sounds awful. Last time I bought an R8 to tie me over, just sold it hoping I would get a GT3 by spring. At this rate I will probably end up buying something to hold me over again haha.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:20 PM
Floorit
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dieselino, I believe you are correct although I am just surmising.

If your allocation is for a November 2018 "build" date, it will be a 2019 model year, which by the way (as my dealer pointed out) will almost certainly be more expensive than the 2018 model as prices do go up generally year to year....hopefully not too much more since I will be in the same boat. Your car would then be delivered a few months later. If your allocation is for a November 2018 "delivery" date, the build date is probably August or September which again would seem to be a 2019 model year.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:59 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

No one has a confirmed V200 status Model Year 2019 (read July 2018 and beyond Build) allocation. You cannot enter configurations for MY2019 cars in the dealer system yet (only for 2018 cars). Any promises for a 2019 allocation are based on information porsche has given to dealerships for expected build allocations to be handed out, not allocations in hand.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:03 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
No one has a confirmed V200 status Model Year 2019 (read July 2018 and beyond Build) allocation. You cannot enter configurations for MY2019 cars in the dealer system yet (only for 2018 cars). Any promises for a 2019 allocation are based on information porsche has given to dealerships for expected build allocations to be handed out, not allocations in hand.
this is likely the case and any other fall/winter 2018 spots should chime in. I ended up picking May instead of November. So mine is a 2018 and is at v200 though I have to look at the guide again but it just means delivery determined. Not necessarily locked.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:10 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Exactly ^ and the hope is that dealers will receive more allocations than expected (when they actually drop) due to the efforts of PCNA who met with PAG a few weeks back asking for more GT cars. Not sure how rare or normal that request is but with the 3L models rotting on the lots it would make sense to use that manufacturing capacity to make more GT cars.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:18 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I have a July build and the dealer, a very reputable one, told me that it is a confirmed allocation from Porsche, 100%, not just a request for a build. Porsche has told them they have that build slot guaranteed. We had a very clear discussion on the topic. When i gave him the build he said it would quickly go V200. He did tell me that it could wind up being MY 2019 car, but he said the allocation was a confirmed slot.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:26 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I have a July build and the dealer, a very reputable one, told me that it is a confirmed allocation from Porsche, 100%, not just a request for a build. Porsche has told them they have that build slot guaranteed. We had a very clear discussion on the topic. When i gave him the build he said it would quickly go V200. He did tell me that it could wind up being MY 2019 car, but he said the allocation was a confirmed slot.
if July build, then yours will be a MY 2019 GT3.
The factory typically switches from one model year to the next in May, so a June build is almost always the next model year, July build is guaranteed next model year.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:31 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Okay, just to be clear, I am summarizing the last posts, and then asking for clarification from the posters. Checking to see how aggressive I should be, or how panicked I should be.

"I €™ve heard it referenced as builds until July 2018 are out from dealers" - SToronto
"Builds were released through November 2018" - jlee504
"The person before my is scheduled for April and my car is scheduled for November." - dieselino
" I have been "given" an allocation for a GT3 September 2018 build" - Floorit

I have a build status V070, essentially a "promised allocation", or a "pie in the sky" as has been stated. When I first put the order in summer this year, the original expected delivery date for mine was spring 2018, but of course it is now expected to be delayed at best.

i was referencing definite builds. Allocations until the stated date were released to dealers earlier this month. I was not chosen so have nothing. Date deposit was placed isn't high in the dealer decision criteria.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:35 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dieselino
My order is a V070, so means nothing so far. The part I dont understand is that my dealer told me (about a month back when all dealers were getting their allocations for 2018) that they got 3 allocations for 2018 and that I was #2. The #1 person is scheduled for April, but mine is November. If the allocations are suppose to be for 2018, wouldn't November be a 2019 vehicle? He said the date might move, really hope it does as I the thought of waiting another full year sounds awful. Last time I bought an R8 to tie me over, just sold it hoping I would get a GT3 by spring. At this rate I will probably end up buying something to hold me over again haha.
I believe it is possible that you have one of the last 2018 allocations and the reason it occurs in November 2018 and still called a MY 2018 may be because MY2018 is the last model year for the 991.2 GT3. That happened to my 2016 GT3RS which was produced in December of 2016 since there were no MY 2017 GT#RS to be built. If that were true, boy will these MY2018 GT3's be valuable!
Old 11-26-2017, 11:38 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Exactly ^ and the hope is that dealers will receive more allocations than expected (when they actually drop) due to the efforts of PCNA who met with PAG a few weeks back asking for more GT cars. Not sure how rare or normal that request is but with the 3L models rotting on the lots it would make sense to use that manufacturing capacity to make more GT cars.

whoa, perhaps I missed a post. Can you elaborate on this meeting?
Old 11-27-2017, 12:54 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
whoa, perhaps I missed a post. Can you elaborate on this meeting?
A GM at high volume dealership confirmed that a meeting took place to discuss increasing GT3 production to capture at least some of the demand. No other details given but I wish I were a fly on the wall in that one.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread