Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 12:28 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
I don't know the production schedule over the next year but it does seem like Porsche is pumping out GT3s.

Recently visited a very large Texas dealer (Park Place) last weekend and they had already delivered about 5-6 GT3s. Given only a few months of production, they could easily get 30-40 or more cars by this time next year. He mentioned they will get a total of about 12 GT2RSs (6 for VIP and 6 regular allocations).

Like many have said, patience will sort out the markups.
The red looks sweet! Is it Carmine?!?
Old 11-07-2017, 12:28 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

FWIW my SA just said he expects more allocations every quarter and he’s optimistic I’ll get an MSRP allocation/build.

IMO it’s a good dealer with sales and service so far and they’ve always been square with me up to this point so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. That said, I realize the GT world can bring out the worst in people.

Power corrupts, and GT car shenanigans corrupt absolutely.

But it is what it will be. Hopefully they won’t all go to flippers, bubble wrappers and spoiled millionaires. If it doesn’t work out I’ll keep my awesome .1S and get a small plane or spend the money on something else.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:33 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,387 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
The red looks sweet! Is it Carmine?!?
No, guards red. They had the GR and Graphite blue there that had just arrived and a CWM ready for customer delivery. The CWM actually looked really nice (sry no pic). All had LWBS, PCCB, leather dash, LEDs. Also saw a 911R and 2 918s. Was a fun day.

I went to go look at Miami Blue in person (pic below on a 4S) and am still undecided on GR or the MB.
Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2017, 03:05 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
All cars made after 7/1/18 will be 2019’s, production is scheduled to end 12/31/18. I know 2 people who have confirmed 2019 allocations for build/delivery fall early winter 2018.
To update my previous post and tie into this and above post by 1Gunner:

Originally told I was Sept 2018 build last week. Sent in an email to SM yesterday, asked when to expect V200 status and if they could send printout. Was told I'm now Oct 2018 build, and they are not yet able to place orders in Porsche system for 2019 MY cars. He will send V200 snapshot when Porsche accepts 2019 orders. FWIW.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:32 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Does a V070 get generated when a deposit is placed and customer receives sales order paperwork?

Does V070 tell PAG there is demand for a car?

Wondering what the purpose of dealers getting consumers to place a deposit is if they aren't going to allocate a car to you. Ie wondering if my deposit almost 2 years ago helped the dealer get an allocation and then the dealer has given it to somebody more "valuable" instead. That would be one reason if that's how it works.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:52 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^The waiting game certainly is frustrating. I'm feeling it.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:09 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SToronto
Wondering what the purpose of dealers getting consumers to place a deposit is if they aren't going to allocate a car to you. Ie wondering if my deposit almost 2 years ago helped the dealer get an allocation and then the dealer has given it to somebody more "valuable" instead. That would be one reason if that's how it works.
That would be absolutely asinine and completely unethical. IMO Porsche should pull the franchise from any dealer caught doing that.

ADM is bad enough but at least it’s transparent and fair to some degree. So is giving VIP customers first crack at it for that matter. But give me money so I can order the car for someone else? Sickening.

If the flippers and millionaire ballers want it so much they should at LEAST be required to pony up a deposit themselves before you do, especially if they’re not VIP enough to get in on it early. Using your money to order a car and then essentially selling it out from under you to someone else with deeper pockets is beyond snake/scumbag. Hopefully that’s not what happened.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:18 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

It seems like Porsche requests dealers to enter customer order requests (V070) with actual customer information into their order entry system. This helps determine demand for the vehicle.

Why can't Porsche then verify the V070 entries go to the actual customers in the system and not the dealership? This seems like a fairly straight forward solution.

No demand, no allocations. Plenty and demand with actual customers V070, then plenty of allocations and verify they went to the actual customers.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:29 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StudGarden
That would be absolutely asinine and completely unethical. IMO Porsche should pull the franchise from any dealer caught doing that.

ADM is bad enough but at least it’s transparent and fair to some degree. So is giving VIP customers first crack at it for that matter. But give me money so I can order the car for someone else? Sickening.

If the flippers and millionaire ballers want it so much they should at LEAST be required to pony up a deposit themselves before you do, especially if they’re not VIP enough to get in on it early. Using your money to order a car and then essentially selling it out from under you to someone else with deeper pockets is beyond snake/scumbag. Hopefully that’s not what happened.
I’m not saying this is what happened as I have no idea.

It’s a black hole, I have no clue where I stand and what’s happening. I’ve gotten some info which makes it all seem weird. What I do know is when I placed a deposit, what my paperwork says and the fact I’m not getting one in this latest round. With no promises or indication if I ever will. This lead me to ask why the deposit. I suppose another reason for a deposit could be as backup if somebody drops out. But then again the consumer has no idea on dropouts and where they stand.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:33 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by manitou202
It seems like Porsche requests dealers to enter customer order requests (V070) with actual customer information into their order entry system. This helps determine demand for the vehicle.

Why can't Porsche then verify the V070 entries go to the actual customers in the system and not the dealership? This seems like a fairly straight forward solution.

No demand, no allocations. Plenty and demand with actual customers V070, then plenty of allocations and verify they went to the actual customers.
That would make sense to me. Doesn’t seem that PAG allocates to customer V070 because the dealer chooses who gets the allocation and it’s clearly not based on when the customer places V070 demand order. There are examples here of people placing deposits in under a year and getting allocations and so on. So time deposit is placed doesn’t seem to carry weight here. However I can’t generalize as I don’t have proper data. There are also no ADMs here however there is who buys the most from us. Another form of ADM? However that isn’t entirely representative of the situation either. Don’t get me wrong I understand VIP (No VIP program here) get first dibs, fair enough. But my understanding is those dibs are done.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:35 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

I get where you’re coming from. I’m in a similar place, although dealer won’t even take a deposit at this point.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:42 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StudGarden
I get where you’re coming from. I’m in a similar place, although dealer won’t even take a deposit at this point.
Thanks! I think I’m just venting though I believe there’s something to my assumptions. Wife doesn’t want to hear anymore. News broke today so still fresh.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

As far as having a deposit before anyone else goes, I don't think Porsche would even know.
Can they enter a V070 order for a car that doesn't exist yet?
While some dealers may not bother entering them at all, I expect the ones that do can't put them in until the car is actually available to order so all the deposits that they'd been holding before spring this year probably all got put in at the same time.

This is just speculation though. Anyone really know the process?
Old 11-10-2017, 08:29 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
No, guards red. They had the GR and Graphite blue there that had just arrived and a CWM ready for customer delivery. The CWM actually looked really nice (sry no pic). All had LWBS, PCCB, leather dash, LEDs. Also saw a 911R and 2 918s. Was a fun day.

I went to go look at Miami Blue in person (pic below on a 4S) and am still undecided on GR or the MB.
I saw this Miami Blue GT3 yesterday.https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1510316908
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2017, 08:36 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
As far as having a deposit before anyone else goes, I don't think Porsche would even know.
Can they enter a V070 order for a car that doesn't exist yet?
I think the dealer system is accessible by Porsche. I’ve been told by dealers that Porsche Canada doesn’t like multiple deposits. a second dealer wasn’t willing to take one because Porsche would know.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread