Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL i dont do that
Old 03-21-2017, 11:07 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Please post here. They will love this .... guaranteed drama.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...thread-25.html

Old 03-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Seranad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they had e the complete black PDLS non LED later in the 991.1 GT3 cycle
which looks the best if you ask me

Old 03-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Same on my RS (black non LED)

Old 03-21-2017, 11:26 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Same. Been out forever.

Name:  photo627.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  1.09 MB
Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I do. To be fair, I had no idea you couldn't get the ventilation in the GT3. I mean... the seats are the same, aren't they? If you're gonna go with the comfy seats... even in a GT3... why not take full advantage?

I know my instructors have appreciated the option on hot DE days.
I totally understand and I agree with you. Ventilated seats would be nice, but the GT3 and RS are the only 911 based cars in Porsche lineup that don't offer ventilated seats.

Just one of several modern conveniences that they leave out the the GT3/RS because it's a track car, likely under the guise of saving weight, so no ventilated seats, no entry and drive, no roof rack attachments, no adaptive cruise control, no seat memory, no Burmeister audio, no sunroof, etc.

Just stuff you have to live without to experience the awesomeness of the rest of the GT3/RS.

Last edited by Drifting; 03-21-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Seranad
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG
Same. Been out forever.

Attachment 1147186
nice rims
Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I do. To be fair, I had no idea you couldn't get the ventilation in the GT3. I mean... the seats are the same, aren't they? If you're gonna go with the comfy seats... even in a GT3... why not take full advantage?

I know my instructors have appreciated the option on hot DE days.

the gt3 comes with alcantara on the seating surfaces where the ventilation perforations would be with that option. Ventilated seats aren't available from Porsche (or any car manufacturer of which I've seen before) in combination with alcantara seating surfaces. The same is true of any Porsche, whether lesser 911s or Boxsters, that have alcantara seats like the GTS variants with the GTS interior package that has alcantara seats.

The Gt3 isn't offered with non-alcantara seats. The only theoretical way to get seat ventilation in a GT3 would be to order it through Porsche Exclusive with all leather seats and then ask if they will also do ventilated seats. But they would probably change a lot for both those options which aren't normally offered on the model.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:05 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by Metzeger
See on Rennteam:

"Latest rumor: 991.2 GT3 production(!) will end with factory summer vacation in 2018.

Reason: Probably the lack of EURO 6c certification, which probably requires a particle(soot) filter even for gasoline engines (soot particle output reduced by 10x over EURO6).

Also the reason the new 991 GT2 RS will come this year and may only be produced until summer 2018 as well.

Rumors...always take them with a grain of salt but this one is pretty solid."
That would mean they developed a (relatively) new engine to only be produced for a little over one year. Seems hard to believe. Also 6c standards will impact any gas engine, even if they were to eventually go turbo or hybrid. I wonder how hard it is to add some form of particulate filter to a gas engine, when those emissions are already low especially when compared with diesels. Maybe VAG has a workaround...
Old 03-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
The same is true of any Porsche, whether lesser 911s or Boxsters, that have alcantara seats like the GTS variants with the GTS interior package that has alcantara seats.
Ah yes! I didn't put 2 and 2 together there. That was one of the big reasons I didn't want the Alcantara seats in my Boxster.

I also didn't realize the 18-ways didn't come with the memory option in the GT3. I mean... what's the weight of those little door switches?? With all the adjustments, I find the memory feature really convenient.

Does it also not have comfort entry?
Old 03-21-2017, 12:08 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The option currently labeled "PDLS" for the 991.2 GTS3 is certainly not black.

The option code for the PDLS ... thing is 603.

All black headlights so far in the last years have "XE?" option codes.

As an opinion, I am certain that Porsche does not want to offer any black Xenon lights anymore (991.2, 718). You want black headlights, you need to pony up for LEDs. Now, the 718 just got black Xenons added to the builder, as option code XEW, but I believe that is purely motivated by not getting parts for black LEDs (718 only has white LEDs for now). And cashing in on the black paint for $1000 is better than not cashing in at all, right?
Old 03-21-2017, 12:10 PM
Seranad
Instructor

Originally Posted by squid42
The option currently labeled "PDLS" for the 991.2 GTS3 is certainly not black.

The option code for the PDLS ... thing is 603.

All black headlights so far in the last years have "XE?" option codes.

As an opinion, I am certain that Porsche does not want to offer any black Xenon lights anymore (991.2, 718). You want black headlights, you need to pony up for LEDs. Now, the 718 just got black Xenons added to the builder, as option code XEW, but I believe that is purely motivated by not getting parts for black LEDs (718 only has white LEDs for now). And cashing in on the black paint for $1000 is better than not cashing in at all, right?
unfortunately you are probably right
Old 03-21-2017, 12:14 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The Gt3 isn't offered with non-alcantara seats. The only theoretical way to get seat ventilation in a GT3 would be to order it through Porsche Exclusive with all leather seats and then ask if they will also do ventilated seats. But they would probably change a lot for both those options which aren't normally offered on the model.
Porsche's ventilation is not connected to the A/C system. All it needs is power to the seats for the fans, which then suck in air through the seating surface and blow it out toward the bottom rear. I would imagine that if you were to put out a trade offer of your alcantara-centered seats for ventilated black leather seats you would get a taker.

The major problem when messing around with seats in recent 911 cars is that a side airbag is integrated into the seat. There might be coding involved to make the different airbag known, or the GT3 might have some more fundamental difference in airbag systems.

If you don't get the airbag right then in addition to the safety concern you also get a warning light in the instrument cluster which prevents passing inspection in many US states, Germany etc.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:25 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

the gt3 comes with alcantara on the seating surfaces where the ventilation perforations would be with that option. Ventilated seats aren't available from Porsche (or any car manufacturer of which I've seen before) in combination with alcantara seating surfaces. The same is true of any Porsche, whether lesser 911s or Boxsters, that have alcantara seats like the GTS variants with the GTS interior package that has alcantara seats.

Dodge and Jeep SRT and Hellcat models offer ventilated seats with alcantara and they work great, can't figure out why Porsche doesn't offer the same...
Old 03-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 681 Posts

Thank you, that is is a nice clarification of the seat ventilation issue, as you say, it's due to the alcantara on the seating surfaces. I just checked the configurator and it's interesting that that you can get seat ventilation with the regular GTS seats, which I assume have central leather surface, but as soon as you choose the GTS interior package, which gives you the same alcantara seats as the GT3, then you lose the option for seat ventilation.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL 991.2 GT3 RELEASE *Confirmed 500HP 4.0 & Manual option*