911R configuration thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,885 Likes on 972 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Why anyone would take a 911R with the dual mass I'm at a loss
Agreed. I'd order car with lightest spec possible then drop the side cans as soon as it's delivered. This car should be all about NVH emotion. Save the creature comforts for the standard Carrera S.

Alas, most will be over-optioned garage queens but then it's pretty clear that's exactly what Porsche was aiming for.....
Old 03-15-2016, 06:44 PM
DJM48
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

From my perspective you buy a built for purpose car like this because it rattles. I won't drive it every single day. But when I do drive it, a few times per week, I want the noise and the rattle. It will be a constant reminder to me of how special and unique the car actually is.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:49 PM
DJM48
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

In 15 yrs time when our daily drivers make no sound at all, being able to get behind the wheel of a car that actually talks to you will be something else again.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:06 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Affirmative - a sound better than Bose or Burmester - a bit of individualistic analog in an all too homogeneous digital world.

P.S. Instead of putting together a kit to save 50+ kg on the R as I am contemplating if there is enough interest around the world, I wish there was a market for 300 kg as this would be truly remarkable.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:52 AM
maxt
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not particularly interested in this one but might be interesting for some.

Just been given confirmation that contrast stitching is now available for the R and can be ordered on cars with scheduled build date from week 22/2016.

Colors available will be: Black, Red, Racing Yellow, Acid Green, Lava Orange, Stone Grey, Luxor Beige, Espresso, Cognac, Garnet Red

Let's hope next step will be a PTS window!!
Old 03-16-2016, 07:06 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 561 Likes on 359 Posts

So, do you plan to order an R?
Old 03-16-2016, 07:16 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 370 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by maxt

Just been given confirmation that contrast stitching is now available for the R and can be ordered on cars with scheduled build date from week 22/2016.

Colors available will be: Black, Red, Racing Yellow, Acid Green, Lava Orange, Stone Grey, Luxor Beige, Espresso, Cognac, Garnet Red

Hi M
Hope you are well...Thanks for this. IMV This was needed...
Old 03-16-2016, 09:19 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for that info. Interesting. Trying to understand the choice of colours offered here. Definitely makes more sense if you had PTS too, and that absolutely would be a desirable option. But I guess I could see combinations that might work with the standard colours, eg. someone wanting Acid green deviated stitching to match the interior on their 918, on a GT silver exterior, or something like that. What I don't get is all the neutral tones: black, stone grey, luxor beige, espresso, cognac. Do any of these go with the current black/brown interior? Or are they planning on offering more leather options? That would make more sense with garnet--otherwise why have two red options?! Odd for the car, imo.

Looks to me like someone is pushing for this car to be very luxurious (especially if more leather options are forthcoming), rather than spartan and basic. Wonder if that direction is coming from customers or the company?
Old 03-16-2016, 09:49 AM
maxt
Racer

Originally Posted by 928cs
So, do you plan to order an R?
Yes, been confirmed an allocation a while ago and even tho I'm quite disappointed about the fact it is based on the .1 I feel it is special enough for it to be a good keeper!

Originally Posted by Apolo1
Hi M
Hope you are well...Thanks for this. IMV This was needed...
Ciao David, all well here mate hope you are good too!! Would be much more interested in PTS to be honest...pushed my car to the latest allocation possible in the hope they will open it up in the next few months. I'm now scheduled for November production and December delivery which suits me quite well as the RS is getting delivered in May!

See you in Spa beginning of April?

Originally Posted by lessthan3mph
Thanks for that info. Interesting. Trying to understand the choice of colours offered here. Definitely makes more sense if you had PTS too, and that absolutely would be a desirable option. But I guess I could see combinations that might work with the standard colours, eg. someone wanting Acid green deviated stitching to match the interior on their 918, on a GT silver exterior, or something like that. What I don't get is all the neutral tones: black, stone grey, luxor beige, espresso, cognac. Do any of these go with the current black/brown interior? Or are they planning on offering more leather options? That would make more sense with garnet--otherwise why have two red options?! Odd for the car, imo.

Looks to me like someone is pushing for this car to be very luxurious (especially if more leather options are forthcoming), rather than spartan and basic. Wonder if that direction is coming from customers or the company?
Agreed, seems like a huge amount of colors for such a limited choice of leather options!
Old 03-16-2016, 11:09 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 371 Likes on 223 Posts

I'm quite disappointed about the fact it is based on the .1
Seriously,this is something I don't get. What did you expect it to be based on? A 964 body? The 991.2? What's so special about the 991.2? Modified tailights,front bumper and engine cover? Perhaps you wanted it to be 3.0 Turbo? Oh I forgot : you really wanted Apple car play!
This pisses me off when so many here want the car and can't get it!
Old 03-16-2016, 11:55 AM
maxt
Racer

Originally Posted by neanicu
Seriously,this is something I don't get. What did you expect it to be based on? A 964 body? The 991.2? What's so special about the 991.2? Modified tailights,front bumper and engine cover? Perhaps you wanted it to be 3.0 Turbo? Oh I forgot : you really wanted Apple car play!
This pisses me off when so many here want the car and can't get it!
Yes, absolutely! Why on earth would I want to buy a new car based on an "old" model?? If I had the choice I would have gone for the .2 especially given the fact I already have a 991 TTS and a 991 RS and it would have been a good thing to have something a bit different...and, btw, can't really see how this could/should **** you off!
Old 03-16-2016, 11:59 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Yes, absolutely! Why on earth would I want to buy a new car based on an "old" model?? If I had the choice I would have gone for the .2 especially given the fact I already have a 991 TTS and a 991 RS and it would have been a good thing to have something a bit different...and, btw, can't really see how this could/should **** you off!
I suppose 997 GT3.2 RS 4.0 owners should be really disappointed because that special/limited/end of production model came in 2011 on the 997 body,while the 991 was already finished.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:35 PM
maxt
Racer

Originally Posted by neanicu
I suppose 997 GT3.2 RS 4.0 owners should be really disappointed because that special/limited/end of production model came in 2011 on the 997 body,while the 991 was already finished.
I had a 997 4.0 and never for a moment I felt disappointed...the 4.0 was the final salute of a great car (the 997), the last iteration of the Metzger engine, a true collector's item! The 991 was back then a completely different car and it would have been against any Porsche history to come out with a special model right at the beginning of a new cycle.

This is completely different!

The "R" badge will more than likely be used again on future cars, we are going to see manual GT cars shortly again and most likely with same if not higher engine output.

It has been unveiled with a restyling already out on the road! I prefer the look of the .2 and I can't really help not to feel disappointed they decided to use the .1!

But once again, this is ME being disappointed, not sure why you don't get it?
Old 03-16-2016, 01:42 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

This is completely different!
It is not different at all. It is the same limited production car that comes at the end of the cycle. And it will be a collector's car just like the RS 4.0 is...no difference.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:33 PM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 370 Likes on 144 Posts

Yes, been confirmed an allocation a while ago and even tho I'm quite disappointed about the fact it is based on the .1 I feel it is special enough for it to be a good keeper!

Ciao David, all well here mate hope you are good too!! Would be much more interested in PTS to be honest...pushed my car to the latest allocation possible in the hope they will open it up in the next few months. I'm now scheduled for November production and December delivery which suits me quite well as the RS is getting delivered in May!

See you in Spa beginning of April?

Agreed, seems like a huge amount of colors for such a limited choice of leather options!
Hi M,

I Went for launch spec, with Blk wheels.

Yes will be at Spa, in RS and Gen 2 Turbo S, the Gen 2 is very very fast on track. Silverstone next week also.

Quick Reply: 911R configuration thread