Sponsored by:

OT: Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 01:00 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by cwcsvt
I own a construction company and have ALL Fords, I am hoping some loyalty pays off. I also own a highly modified Ford Raptor that I have nearly $250K in. Everything I own is used for what it is built for. I've owned my GT3 for a month and it's been to three track days so far. I would absolutely drive the car. Since I am the eternal optimist, I am hopeful that my humble approach to Ford will bear some fruit. Hopefully they give a working class guy like me an opportunity to own such an incredible car. I only own about 20 Fords in my fleet, but I've only been in business 11 years, so I am crossing my fingers. Good luck to anyone who has applied, will certainly be a dream come true!
can you tell us more about your Raptor?.. sounds like a dream creation.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:07 AM
cwcsvt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
can you tell us more about your Raptor?.. sounds like a dream creation.
2013 Ford Raptor, 4 Link suspension with about 34" of travel in the rear. 18" travel in front (Limited by Four Wheel Drive), Full Cage, 6.2 L with 2.9 Whipple Supercharger (700HP) and Stainless works headers and exhaust. 39" tires with bead locks, plenty of lights, and will wake the dead when going full out. Full floating rear end and upgraded brakes as well. Nothing stock on the truck anymore except for the stereo and ac. Lots of fun to drive in the dirt and will do about 130 bouncing through the deserts of Baja. A kick in the pants. Although it is a 2013 it will have shortly a highly exaggerated 2017 fiberglass body kit. It's black of course!
Old 06-16-2016, 09:51 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/holy-c...ans-1782125811

as if Ford GT's weren't already unobtanium enough, it just got on Pole for LeMans.. living legend material in the making
Old 06-16-2016, 10:10 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Pole does not make for a living legend. They have to finish first.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:34 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Pole does not make for a living legend. They have to finish first.
+1

Still, I did submit my application. But, to be honest, if they don't let me get it in custom paint, I might pass on it. I really want to get some Acid Green in there.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:49 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

That's something

Last edited by CAlexio; 06-20-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Softarga
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pits

GT in pit. Congrats.
Attached Images  
Old 06-19-2016, 10:48 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

It's all over and the Ford GT's showed themselves quite well. Positions 1,3,4. Even after Friday's BOP adjustment it wasn't even close, they were the fastest cars in class, aside from Fisi's 488 which is currently under protest. If it's upheld it's a podium sweep. The car is beautiful and being designed to the current regs it's going to be fast for years. Aside from Ferrari, Aston in Porsche are in old machinery and it showed. The new RSR had better be good.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:39 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
It's all over and the Ford GT's showed themselves quite well. Positions 1,3,4. Even after Friday's BOP adjustment it wasn't even close, they were the fastest cars in class, aside from Fisi's 488 which is currently under protest. If it's upheld it's a podium sweep. The car is beautiful and being designed to the current regs it's going to be fast for years. Aside from Ferrari, Aston in Porsche are in old machinery and it showed. The new RSR had better be good.
If new RSR for 17 is based on GT2 vs GT3 it will be a great race in 2018
Old 06-20-2016, 03:37 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

If 488 is disqualified, a GT podium sweep repeat of 50 years ago would be epic. But even then, is the new GT with a V6 EcoBoost be worth $400K+? I personally don't think so, and by a long shot. But we'll see, I guess.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:33 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by elp_jc
If 488 is disqualified, a GT podium sweep repeat of 50 years ago would be epic. But even then, is the new GT with a V6 EcoBoost be worth $400K+? I personally don't think so, and by a long shot. But we'll see, I guess.
Well if it performs like a 400k car why would it not be?
Old 06-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 814 Likes on 428 Posts

My understanding was the Porsche factory cars led early and dropped back and then out. They dnf'd early. Unacceptable or should be for a company like PAG. seems like the factory made a half hearted effort with only two cars in gte. Ford was all in with 4 cars & all 100% effort and focus. kudos to them.

RSR podiumed in gte am. With fair bop and some real effort, and at least two more cars I would suspect there would be a better result for pag in pro gte. Seems like all their effort and $ was in lmp and gte was a throw away.

No question TT is the future though.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:08 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Waxer
My understanding was the Porsche factory cars led early and dropped back and then out. They dnf'd early. Unacceptable or should be for a company like PAG. seems like the factory made a half hearted effort with only two cars in gte. Ford was all in with 4 cars & all 100% effort and focus. kudos to them. RSR podiumed in gte am. With fair bop and some real effort, and at least two more cars I would suspect there would be a better result for pag in pro gte. Seems like all their effort and $ was in lmp and gte was a throw away. No question TT is the future though.
VW Group spent a couple hundred million on the LMP program over the last few years, current RSR is on the last legs- they'll be going for GTE wins very soon.

Did you watch the race?
Old 06-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by elp_jc
Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Well if it performs like a 400k car why would it not be?
Car will probably perform very similarly to the 675 LT, no?

Carbon tub, turbo 3.5 vs 3.8, latest twin clutch gearboxes, active aero, etc.

Originally Posted by Waxer
My understanding was the Porsche factory cars led early and dropped back and then out. They dnf'd early. Unacceptable or should be for a company like PAG. seems like the factory made a half hearted effort with only two cars in gte. Ford was all in with 4 cars & all 100% effort and focus. kudos to them.

RSR podiumed in gte am. With fair bop and some real effort, and at least two more cars I would suspect there would be a better result for pag in pro gte. Seems like all their effort and $ was in lmp and gte was a throw away.

No question TT is the future though.
The "factory" (really Manthey, as discussed before) teams led early in GTE Pro during changing conditions, as the race began very wet. Leh Keen led in GTE Am, as well. Then the track dried and none of the cars I've mentioned managed to finish the race, for various reasons.

As for lack of effort or focus; Porsche is the only OEM racing in both LMP and GTE.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:33 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

I watched Ford's #68 live-stream for a couple hours. Muller was a beast early Sunday morning. He kept reeling in the Risi car, despite that drive-through penalty.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: OT: Ford GT