Sponsored by:

OT: Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 10:08 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 814 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Usedcarsalesman
1.1m for an open build slot. Apparently that is what some ME and UAE types, are forking over.

Double msrp is more reasonable, IMO. 900ish.
This will push the values of Gen IIs up. My bet they will hit $450k to 500k in a couple years with Heritages at $750k. Mho.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:27 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

I think so too.

Buddy of mine is stocking up. Has 7, and one of them is a Heritage.
With a majority of cars it's hard to predict but the FGT had all the right stuff from day one. Fate is funny. Depending on how many Gen IIIs they build over the next 4 years and the competition in the market as to the Gen III, the Gen II could go up even more especially since it's the last American made true analogue V8 super car and given it's true/pure aesthetic lines and design features of the Gen I GT40. Its an unmistakeable GT40. Won't be another like it from Ford ..ever.

He'll, if POSs like Countachs can hit $650k....
Old 01-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

The power a tt can now efficiently make is why I've been saying the days of the Porsche NA GT cars are numbered.

Maybe I'll make the cut in the next 4 years. Any idea of yearly production?

Any idea if the rumblings of a 5.0 Raptor in the wings is accurate? Will it be tt? I've been holding off on a new Raptor for this reason.
Waxer, the first 25 invoice went out about 2 months ago. I know a few of the names and they are (IMHO) all American icon car folks, older, with musuems. No dispute that they should get any car they went. I am in the next group as far as I know (whatever that means) and I am a no body with a couple of cars.

Raptor is not in my line of sight so I have never asked, etc. I have been watching the development of the new Bronco (only rumors) and that can be fun for me. Stay tuned my man!

PS: You probably already know this, but your FGT was also hand built by Roush. I remember seeing them and should have bought one!
Old 01-15-2017, 11:14 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,864 Likes on 964 Posts

1.1m for an open build slot. Apparently that is what some ME and UAE types, are forking over.
A fool and his money....
Old 01-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Igooz
Waxer, the first 25 invoice went out about 2 months ago. I know a few of the names and they are (IMHO) all American icon car folks, older, with musuems. No dispute that they should get any car they went. I am in the next group as far as I know (whatever that means) and I am a no body with a couple of cars.

Raptor is not in my line of sight so I have never asked, etc. I have been watching the development of the new Bronco (only rumors) and that can be fun for me. Stay tuned my man!

PS: You probably already know this, but your FGT was also hand built by Roush. I remember seeing them and should have bought one!
Igooz: Enjoy that thing man! It is very very cool and not many were lucky enough to score one. Kudos to you my friend. I'm betting my now "old school FGT" will rise with the FGT tide. A real old school "analogue" American icon supercar with real heritage.

I won't know who to root for at the Rolex. The RSR or the FGT. I love both marks.

I'm holding off on a Raptor to see if Ford will cave to pressure and put a tt 5.0 in. That would be irresistable and a beast.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:32 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Don't be surprised if in that 4 year run they don't offer a 5.0 tt. The 6 cyl tt was one thing that bugged me about the car and had me wondering if I should part with $500k for one.

Same rumblings as to the new Raptor. Maybe 5.0 to be offered later.
Agree.

Own a lot of Ford's - hated the GT process. Two dealers put me #2 then the resume showed it's ugly head. Was in the process of buying a Heritage from a guy here under 1000 miles wanted a Gulf pair.

Filling out a resume to spend 500k to Ford who sells the info - people speak ill of Ferrari Porsche etc tier process but they are a brand to a certain buyer Ford is looking to place their cars in museums and collectors celebs who never owned a Ford prior and no offense one hit quitters make up 80% of the GT customers.

The value of the new GT - who knows it's a new era car vs the last of an era let's see how fast it is first.

Good Luck to those who will receive one - the process IMO was weak sauce keep in mind I have been buying Ford's every year for 10 years plus. They can have their flashy new customer list that won't ever step foot in a dealer. Rant
Old 01-15-2017, 12:38 PM
stuntman
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm pretty sure ford does NOT want the GT stashed away in museums and personal collections with low miles and never driven. They want the cars out there, at tracks, car shows, events, the street, and to be driven. There's a handful of high profile and controversial non-car guy celebs who are getting an allocation, but that's a fraction of a percent of the ~1000 cars who will go to car guys, Ford guys, previous GT owners, etc... I don't see an issue with that.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:44 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by stuntman
I'm pretty sure ford does NOT want the GT stashed away in museums and personal collections with low miles and never driven. They want the cars out there, at tracks, car shows, events, the street, and to be driven. There's a handful of high profile and controversial non-car guy celebs who are getting an allocation, but that's a fraction of a percent of the ~1000 cars who will go to car guys, Ford guys, previous GT owners, etc... I don't see an issue with that.

Ford should have gone thru their dealers - they know their customers it would have avoided what you and others are referencing. Some will be Ford guys some will not. There are enough Ford guys who can stroke a check for 4 -500k the rest can buy something else

Ford dealerships could have made a lot of money and received a lot of sales win all around - they way they went to market is just silly.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:53 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

I have to say that I bleed Ford blue and a Shelby nut have for 25-30 years with many Fords and Shelbys under my belt.

Here was the pic I submitted with my NFGT applicaiton and a video. Plus an active Ford GT forum member since 2007.

Name:  Ford collection.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  972.9 KB

When I was turned down for a NFGT I did feel like I was kicked in the ***** by my girl friend who I just asked to the prom. Seems like alot of cars went to celebs, big $$$ guys and guys with real social media reach and presence.

I'm just a "little lawyer" like my wife says. Just a guy. I didn't rate. Felt slighted but over it now. That's life.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:54 PM
stuntman
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Ford should have gone thru their dealers - they know their customers it would have avoided what you and others are referencing. Some will be Ford guys some will not. There are enough Ford guys who can stroke a check for 4 -500k the rest can buy something else
The problem with that is there's over 3,000 Ford dealerships in the US alone. If all the GTs went to US buyers (they aren't), less than 1 GT would go to each dealer. That's a flawwed method and if you're #2 at your dealership you still wouldn't get an allocation. I can understand why they did what they did and I think not all of the allocations are set in stone so you still have a shot.

Unfortunately the application probably needs to be flashy or convincing enough as a Ford loyalist to catch the attention of the (likely marketing) guys to still be in contention for a spot and not dropped among the thousands of other people who own Fords, ford fleet vehicles for their business, etc... At the end of the day there's more demand than supply and Ford doesn't have the customer base of people buying 6figure cars on an annual basis like Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, etc...
Old 01-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

The problem with that is there's over 3,000 Ford dealerships in the US alone. If all the GTs went to US buyers (they aren't), less than 1 GT would go to each dealer. That's a flawwed method and if you're #2 at your dealership you still wouldn't get an allocation. I can understand why they did what they did and I think not all of the allocations are set in stone so you still have a shot.

Unfortunately the application probably needs to be flashy or convincing enough as a Ford loyalist to catch the attention of the (likely marketing) guys to still be in contention for a spot and not dropped among the thousands of other people who own Fords, ford fleet vehicles for their business, etc... At the end of the day there's more demand than supply and Ford doesn't have the customer base of people buying 6figure cars on an annual basis like Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, etc...
With the FGT customers cross over from other brands. If they build them they will come.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:00 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I have to say that I bleed Ford blue and a Shelby nut have for 25-30 years with many Fords and Shelbys under my belt.

Here was the pic I submitted with my NFGT applicaiton and a video. Plus an active Ford GT forum member since 2007.

Attachment 1126010

When I was turned down for a NFGT I did feel like I was kicked in the ***** by my girl friend who I just asked to the prom. Seems like alot of cars went to celebs, big $$$ guys and guys with real social media reach and presence.

I'm just a "little lawyer" like my wife says. Just a guy. I didn't rate. Felt slighted but over it now. That's life.
That's awesome. Have a lot of Ford trucks and my wife being a horse chic has been driving King Ranch trucks for a decade plus. I told both dealers when they put me a #2 - why - the owners at each dealer were #1

That's how Ford should have rolled this out and we would both be expecting delivery.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:04 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

That's just not true.

Many many dealers are little town - they don't want a 500k car and frankly don't deserve them. Give them to the big premium dealers jus like every other brand you have to pay to play.

Ford does have the customer base that is not true either - some odd 3000 GT's trust me there is more than half that can stroke a 4 - 500k alone.

The difference between a guy who owns Ford's and Ferrari's etc. is the guy isn''t a flipper nor in need of financing.

The 918 was offered to me at 650k on lease 200k down - just saying that the 918 buyers weren't so wealthy inasmuch showy. The sales pitch trade in your CGT for 500 it's only another 150 trust me the current 3000+ GT owners could pull off the same scenario if they wanted.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:04 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
That's awesome. Have a lot of Ford trucks and my wife being a horse chic has been driving King Ranch trucks for a decade plus. I told both dealers when they put me a #2 - why - the owners at each dealer were #1

That's how Ford should have rolled this out and we would both be expecting delivery.
Sigh. Yup. There is the way things should be and then there is the way things are.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:09 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

With the FGT customers cross over from other brands. If they build them they will come.
Add in the dealer could say - buy two or three of these to get an allocation.

Ford and their dealers would have been far far ahead.

I felt like you - kicked. President of the local Ferrari Club and host 700 cars started the local C&C

Do a lot to support the car world but I do it for the love of cars not to flip store repeat.

Ford requesting a resume to be sent to who knows where was just a really dumb ego move.

Quick Reply: OT: Ford GT