Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 12:25 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Smart!

Gen II is the clear winner IMO

Felt the same way about the Carrera GT vs 918 - dislike for turbo's and energizer bunny power plants.

Here is a thought - pick up a CGT remove those tops and listen to the F1 I guarantee you won't ever think twice about the V6!
It's hard to beat the sound of the CGT with the top down. I would still have mine if only it was as a little roomier, or I needed less room
I still miss it though.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Usedcarsalesman
Free advertisement.

1M+

Getting into 918 money.
Of course it's free advertisement; that's why they picked several "celebrities."

Think about this with respect to value:

They are building 250 cars / year over a 4 year run (2017 - 2020 I suppose since they failed to deliver any meaningful number of cars in 2016).

The car won't be such a hot proposition in the latter half of the run when it'll presumably still cost ~$500K and have to compete with the latest from Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche, MB, etc.

Nevermind the chumps who will pay $1MM plus for Multimatic's glorified kit car in the "gottahaveit" marketplace frenzy. For that sum you could nearly have an actual GT1 homologation car (ie, from the top class and capable of overall Le Mans wins in the late 90s).
Old 01-17-2017, 12:53 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by FLGT
It's hard to beat the sound of the CGT with the top down. I would still have mine if only it was as a little roomier, or I needed less room
I still miss it though.
Any idea on the amount of room in the GT - it's my understanding even tighter.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:58 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Guest89
Of course it's free advertisement; that's why they picked several "celebrities."

Think about this with respect to value:

They are building 250 cars / year over a 4 year run (2017 - 2020 I suppose since they failed to deliver any meaningful number of cars in 2016).

The car won't be such a hot proposition in the latter half of the run when it'll presumably still cost ~$500K and have to compete with the latest from Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche, MB, etc.

Nevermind the chumps who will pay $1MM plus for Multimatic's glorified kit car in the "gottahaveit" marketplace frenzy. For that sum you could nearly have an actual GT1 homologation car (ie, from the top class and capable of overall Le Mans wins in the late 90s).
Bingo! It's a new era car vs end of an era car. Tesla pulled a 2 sec flat 0-60 so there is massive improvements in the energizer turbo saga.

I was on the bubble and the SV showed a 7 minute lap time. Went to the dealer for the debut they offered me the first one to the dealer then we switched to the first roadster that process made me feel really good about all involved whereas Ford kicked me in the nuts. Two dealers have my Ford business both the area manager said you have #2 we earned your business. Could not have been further from the truth and I agree it's not a Ford 100% it's a kit car with a FB sales team still cool but far from what one expected from a company like Ford.

Who buys a TT6 from a boutique company and think it's going to rise in value when it's already over valued far from the Ford Gen II in no way shape or form. Again they have dealers there is a reason Ford went this route and it's wrong anyone in business that knows the value of distribution channels should take offense to your local dealer getting screwed and spare the mark up that's an easily addressed situation.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 01-17-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:01 PM
FLGT
Pro

Any idea on the amount of room in the GT - it's my understanding even tighter.
I haven't personally sat in one, though I have seen some up close, and have talked to some who have driven them. Two of the guys were 6'2-6'3ish". Reportedly, head and leg room 'similar' to the 05/06 models, maybe a tad less. Seats are fixed to frame, and pedals adjust. Rumor has it will have an option for a lower seat for taller folks. Bigger issue for some is seats are going to be pretty narrow to fit in there. That being said, I'm guessing it will be pretty snug for taller/wider folks, but doable. Maybe similar to CGT cockpit, though I for one hope roomier. I should get to actually sit in one in next 2-3 months when first customer cars supposed to roll off the line.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:45 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 814 Likes on 428 Posts

Nuvo: +1. Also love the ACR E!!!! Bad A$$ to the bone.

David: You are thinking ahead like me. 3 to 4 years from now I expect the competition to be walking away from the NFGT. It just will unless Ford/Multimatic starts making model year improvements with ongoing production.

I in fact expect the new GT2RS to likely be superior for less money. Hoping to get one. Already thinking Gulf colors/scheme PTS.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
You are thinking ahead like me. 3 to 4 years from now I expect the competition to be walking away from the NFGT. It just will unless Ford/Multimatic starts making model year improvements with ongoing production.
A 4 year production run of 250 cars / year is a little strange when you think about it.

It's tough to keep the hype machine rolling over 4 years when there will be cars from more prestigious brands that comprehensively outperform for considerably less money. I expect 992 GT models - along with all of their competition - to provide near hypercar performance for a fraction of the price.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:15 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by FLGT
I haven't personally sat in one, though I have seen some up close, and have talked to some who have driven them. Two of the guys were 6'2-6'3ish". Reportedly, head and leg room 'similar' to the 05/06 models, maybe a tad less. Seats are fixed to frame, and pedals adjust. Rumor has it will have an option for a lower seat for taller folks. Bigger issue for some is seats are going to be pretty narrow to fit in there. That being said, I'm guessing it will be pretty snug for taller/wider folks, but doable. Maybe similar to CGT cockpit, though I for one hope roomier. I should get to actually sit in one in next 2-3 months when first customer cars supposed to roll off the line.
Curious to hear your comfort level - was told by a MP4-12C owner which is tight the GT has less width and you better like who's in the passenger seat a lot.

Again - Congrats to you!
Old 01-17-2017, 02:23 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Waxer
Nuvo: +1. Also love the ACR E!!!! Bad A$$ to the bone.

David: You are thinking ahead like me. 3 to 4 years from now I expect the competition to be walking away from the NFGT. It just will unless Ford/Multimatic starts making model year improvements with ongoing production.

I in fact expect the new GT2RS to likely be superior for less money. Hoping to get one. Already thinking Gulf colors/scheme PTS.
Ordered the ACR - E did not put one penny down to this day car was produced have the VIN should be in this week. As many others have stated the Ford GT forum is where you need to be to get fired up. I bought a Ferrari Challenge car from a moderator there Tim Cantwell I signed up posted a few times and never felt attached to the forum but I get the loyal Ford guys being attached to the GT just IMO doesn't add up.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 814 Likes on 428 Posts

Ordered the ACR - E did not put one penny down to this day car was produced have the VIN should be in this week. As many others have stated the Ford GT forum is where you need to be to get fired up. I bought a Ferrari Challenge car from a moderator there Tim Cantwell I signed up posted a few times and never felt attached to the forum but I get the loyal Ford guys being attached to the GT just IMO doesn't add up.
Generally a good group of guys. A little clicky. Your either in or out. I pop in now and then.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:36 PM
FLGT
Pro

Curious to hear your comfort level - was told by a MP4-12C owner which is tight the GT has less width and you better like who's in the passenger seat a lot.

Again - Congrats to you!
You'll have to come visit and drive when I get it. When I sold my CGT, I was kind of bummed, so I added a McLaren 650s Le Mans. That whole platform (12c/650/675) is not too bad space wise, provided in coupe form. If the new GT is comparable, I'm in good shape, though it does look narrower. FWIW- the 650 is pretty fabulous if you haven't driven one. I can only imagine the 675 is even more amazing, and upcoming P14 should be epic.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:59 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Full specs released:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...ght-top-speed/

647 HP @ 6,250
550 lb-ft @ 5,900
3,045 lbs Dry
11 City / 18 Highway
Top speed 216

No report on 0-60 that I saw.

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 01-25-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:54 AM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Full specs released:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...ght-top-speed/

647 HP @ 6,250
550 lb-ft @ 5,900
3,045 lbs Dry
11 City / 18 Highway
Top speed 216

No report on 0-60 that I saw.
Yeah, but you missed the biggest one from MT
Ford copies its Italian rivals in only quoting a dry weight at this point (around 3,050 pounds), but we’re told “race fluids not including fuel” add 120 pounds. Figuring it’ll carry a minimum of 20 gallons of fuel, add another 120 pounds for a “fully wet” curb weight estimate of 3,300 pounds. That would make it a bit lighter than a Ferrari 488 GTB, but heavier than the McLaren.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:58 AM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting tidbit from AB:
Wait, what? Calabogie? Yes. It's a 20-turn, 3.1 road course one hour west of Ottawa. We spoke with Ford Executive Vice President Raj Nair and Ford Performance Director Dave Pericak for explanation on this and other Ford GT trivia. As for the track, Nair explained that Calabogie is close to the Multimatic facility in Toronto where the GT is assembled. "It gave us a lot of opportunity to do a lot of back and forth [to the factory] without a lot of travel time...and that was the best place to get an apples-to-apples comparison," he said.

The numbers, for the sake of posterity, we obtained with the same driver using fresh tires and a full tank of gas on all three cars in identical conditions, according to Ford. The resulting laps times were Ford GT, 2:09.8; McLaren 675LT, 2:10.8; Ferrari 458 Speciale, 2:12.9. Sure, but who besides Ford uses Calabogie as a benchmark? Nair continued, "we've run the car and the competitive vehicles at other tracks, not necessarily in the final configuration and not necessarily with apples-to-apples numbers with fresh tires and the same driver."

Asked whether the Ford GT would produce similar results on benchmark tracks such as the Nurburgring Nordschleife, Virginia International Raceway, or Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Nair responded with certainty: "Absolutely."

Another notable point of the press release is Ford's claim that the GT has a dry weight of 3,054 pounds. Dry weight is the alternative truth of the automotive world, in that it has no bearing on reality. Technically it refers to a car's curb weight with no fluids whatsoever, which is almost impossible to prove and can differ greatly from the rolling curb weight. When pressed, Nair said the "race car dry" (filled with all fluids and ready to drive but without fuel) weight of the GT is 3,173 pounds. This figure is used to eliminate different fuel tank capacities when comparing weights.

Ferrari and McLaren list non-dry curb weights of 3,075 and 2,927 pounds, respectively. The latter is listed as DIN, or German standard weight, which includes 90 percent of the fuel. US-spec cars are often heavier due to crash regulation necessities like side-impact airbags. Nair isn't out to refute other carmaker claims but noted that Ford's measurements of the McLaren came out to 2,985 pounds without fuel.

"They are lighter than us, we admit that," says Nair. He goes on to explain that the Ford GT's carbon-fiber monocoque and aluminum components saved a lot of weight, "but we also went through a conscious decision of adding the active aero and adding the active suspension." Nair continued, "The simulation said it was worth adding the active dynamics, both the aero and suspension, because it would improve the lap time more than the weight penalty."
Old 01-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by kingjr9000
Yeah, but you missed the biggest one from MT
Didn't miss that. Seemed like speculation, not official. So I only quoted the official dry weight.

Quick Reply: OT: Ford GT