991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Ebay Prices Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016 | 01:29 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

95% of current owners selling their rs probably forgot they even own the car.
I doubt they give a **** if it sells, because they will just leave it in their stable. They'll never lose money on it.
Old 02-12-2016 | 01:44 PM
996SPECticle
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Or maybe they'll just keep the car and drive it. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the private cars for sale are guys who just figure, heck if I can get $75k over, I'd sell it, if not, I'll drive it... .
I think there are plenty that have another thought as well, "My car is worth an extra $75-100K so I BETTER NOT DRIVE IT BECAUSE...
I foresee a scenario similar to the GT40 (except for their first few years) That market has segmented into two camps, those that have several thousand miles on them now and those under 1K miles down into the 100's of miles. Those low mile ones are going from museum to museum as "investments" never to be driven except maybe a parade. Then there are those that might get taken to tracks ~6-10 times a year. I think those have about a $100k spread.

Is there a fuse or plug that can stop the ODO on the RS? Check it for fingerprints! (lol, thats a rental car hack I came up with )
Old 02-12-2016 | 03:37 PM
GianiCakes
Advanced

Or maybe they'll just keep the car and drive it. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the private cars for sale are guys who just figure, heck if I can get $75k over, I'd sell it, if not, I'll drive it. With such cheap money these days, the holding costs for anyone, private party or dealer, is basically nil. None of these owners are going to lose any money. Just like buyers don't want to be that guy that pays too much, these sellers probably don't want to be that guy that sells below market. They're slowly chasing the equilibrium price in a very illiquid market.
I would agree with this as I would include myself in this camp. Europe doesn't have quite the same obsession with ultra low miles though so allows more flexibility when it comes to driving for a while.
Old 02-12-2016 | 05:27 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Or maybe they'll just keep the car and drive it. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the private cars for sale are guys who just figure, heck if I can get $75k over, I'd sell it, if not, I'll drive it. With such cheap money these days, the holding costs for anyone, private party or dealer, is basically nil. None of these owners are going to lose any money. Just like buyers don't want to be that guy that pays too much, these sellers probably don't want to be that guy that sells below market. They're slowly chasing the equilibrium price in a very illiquid market.
Is that so? Is that why the price of that Lava RS in AZ from the private seller kept bleeding lower until it sold for around $50k over? Anyhow, the vast majority of the RSs for sale are dealers/brokers so the motivation to sell will continue to build.

I do agree with you that we are slowing chasing equilibrium prices as there is a fairly wide bid/ask spread. Sellers who actually want to sell will keep going lower in price until they hit a bid price.

I said it once and I'll say it again.....TIME is on my side. The only direction that RS prices is going is down...even if it's a slow bleed lower. I'm not saying that prices will come down to MSRP or below MSRP because at the end of the day I'm a buyer at a "reasonable" amount over MSRP for the right car.
Old 02-12-2016 | 05:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
yes,
u, me, cho, lar, we need to do DE cup
spyerX must get one too.
the luftgetkult (sf) is for CNC ;-)
Can I be guest member?
Old 02-12-2016 | 05:35 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Can I be guest member?
Yeah, come on out West and join us.
Old 02-12-2016 | 05:48 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Guest89
A few people still track 997 and 991 RS, but nothing like that mix of personalities: Trak car, izzone, Greek, Clarke, and so on.
Originally Posted by 24Chromium

LMAO

Yes, I too miss the old (as in a few years back) days of the 997 GT3 forum here on RL. But... all of life is cyclical. My hope is that the track rats will one day soon come to the fore and dominate these forums.
I'm putting back the band. 964RSA goes for sale soon, than just make the 991RS my DD and DE car again like it used to be sans the tools.

Good times, but most went racing but some are still there like Erik and some are sliding back into DE like me, Juan porro has been beating on his GT4 and some new guys in 991 (Deacon) are stepping up.
I'll race less and do more DE's. Racing doesn't mean a lot of driving, 20 minute sprints don't do it for me. Plus I like driving my DE car better.

There were some RS at Sebring last week but most are doing parade laps but there are some healthy nut jobs getting faster in the 991 GT3 group.. Fun stuff, I don't have a lot of time this year but if they keep strapping coaching in the cars its gonna get fun again. That's how the East coast GT3DE club got to where it was, everyone cot fast!

I love my DE pre these days. have car prepped at shop, grab helmet bag, Harry's lap timer on my I phone and go. I don't even bother changing tires or pads. Drove it home and to the office all week and didn't even bothered taking off the numbers yet. Its getting a full detail tomorrow because it smells like worn socks inside LOL.

I' hope some GT3's on Hoosiers will show up and some RS's will be used as intended. There was 1 997RS last weekend.. With a for sale sign on it..
Old 02-12-2016 | 06:12 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

If you keep places posts like this I'm going to have to drive down to Florida.......
Old 02-13-2016 | 03:21 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Can I be guest member?
of course, you coming west in march? BW and TH, back to back weekneds. i got 6 days lined up.

u can drive my GT4, if the damn slow ship ever docks....

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm going to let him drive my GT4 at BW on March 4th. The car is all dialed in so he may like the hit.
he's gutting and caging his 964 as of 3 hours ago.
you need to get him with the program.
Old 02-14-2016 | 11:36 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

This new Ebay listing will be interesting to see if it gets any $250k+ bids. It would have been much more interesting if the $250k was a starting bid without a higher reserve...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=322005850820

Btw, 43 RSs on sale on autotrader now and looks like no more $400k+ RSs as Taggart lowered their price from $420k to $380k for their UV RS.
Old 02-15-2016 | 01:11 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Is that so? Is that why the price of that Lava RS in AZ from the private seller kept bleeding lower until it sold for around $50k over? Anyhow, the vast majority of the RSs for sale are dealers/brokers so the motivation to sell will continue to build. I do agree with you that we are slowing chasing equilibrium prices as there is a fairly wide bid/ask spread.:
Errrr, you just said exactly what I said...

And yes, an undesirable color RS selling for $50k over is actually evidence of exactly what I'm saying. The market will slowly bleed down to a range of prices where more cars will start exchanging. The good builds will likely go for $50-75k over or be kept by their owners.
Old 02-15-2016 | 01:16 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Wait, when did Lava Orange become an undesirable color?
Old 02-15-2016 | 02:18 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

of course, you coming west in march? BW and TH, back to back weekneds. i got 6 days lined up.

u can drive my GT4, if the damn slow ship ever docks....

he's gutting and caging his 964 as of 3 hours ago.
you need to get him with the program.
I need to get up to th. Maybe 964 spends summer up there for track days.

I'm going to let him drive my GT4 at BW on March 4th. The car is all dialed in so he may like the hit.
I don't have an addictive personality. But I do like the gt4. But I think I like the 964 better.

i like hippie a lot
you should drive it a TH come march.
it's addicting
remember what happened after you drive my 964....
there's a reason i am called the ENABLER...
first hit is on the house.
You're the kingpin.

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
We track plenty of 991-3, 997 Gt3RS (.1 and .2) up here in the NW. gt4's are showing this year and better carry their weight!
Maybe I need a car in nw too.... I like Seattle and Portland. Don't like rain tho.

Anyway, I'm a day late and dollar short. Always behind the trends. That's ok. You first movers have fun. I ride the depreciation curve.
Old 02-15-2016 | 02:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Errrr, you just said exactly what I said...

And yes, an undesirable color RS selling for $50k over is actually evidence of exactly what I'm saying. The market will slowly bleed down to a range of prices where more cars will start exchanging. The good builds will likely go for $50-75k over or be kept by their owners.
Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Wait, when did Lava Orange become an undesirable color?
Yeah, since when is Lava Orange an undesirable color when that's the #1 color that was ordered? Someone hurry up and tell Scottsdale Porsche because they are asking $50k over on their Lava GT3. Ultimate pricing will be dependent upon if more RS allocations come out and if the .2RSs are N/A. If either one of those two things happen, we are heading towards MSRP and if both happen then we might go below MSRP (on non-PTS colors).
Old 02-15-2016 | 02:25 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Here's a new auction with a "reasonable" reserve price....let's see what happens...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=291682170319
Did you see what else gigij79 is selling on Ebay?

I think you should be able to get this Martha Stewart stuff thrown in when you plunk $275K on the RS he (she?) is keeping out back.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  122.8 KB

Quick Reply: RS Ebay Prices Thread