991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Ebay Prices Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016 | 03:35 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

+1, that's the charm of the GT4. Great sporty car. Best thing is the will depreciate soon and keep on going...

GT4 is ok for the money and still will depreciate relatively well compared to anything but GT3's, the very best thing about the GT4 is that these price threads like anything GT3 won't be happening and we can go back to talking about stuff that matters like the 4.0 engine option, or at least stop it from being chocked up top, wheels pads, jacks etc.

But than I do a few more laps in RS and it's hard to step back..
But the GT3 board as I knew it in 2008-2012 is gone buried under daily price check threads.
Old 02-10-2016 | 03:42 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Uh oh, looks like another seller is starting to get a little more motivated and wanting to move the car...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=141899808407

$269,900 at no reserve (car was listed for $300k by the same seller about a month ago).
Old 02-10-2016 | 08:06 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Predicting 235-240 within one month.
Old 02-10-2016 | 08:51 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Predicting 235-240 within one month.
And lower I hope, the sooner the better so we can go back to tracking these cars and replace them with new ones once properly broken in.
Old 02-10-2016 | 09:01 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
And lower I hope, the sooner the better so we can go back to tracking these cars and replace them with new ones once properly broken in.
Truer words were never spoken.. Big Props to you for actually driving your car.. Seriously, I know of 3 local RS owners who can't even drive a normal car, but bought an RS because of the "cred" they believe it bestows upon them.. They've bubbled wrap the cars until the next C&C....when they really get to stretch its legs...
Old 02-10-2016 | 09:06 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

I'll leave my patients right now to buy a purple RS at sticker. Right now!
Old 02-10-2016 | 09:10 AM
tmario
Rennlist Member

Come on, the pricing threads are fun! Aaaand, easy to avoid if you don't like them.

In any case, with 6 inches of snow on the ground, I can't even dream of taking my sports cars out. Heck, I just joined Monticello club and can't get excited about that yet. And while my Lamborghini Trofeo will be the main track tool, I am still interested in getting back to owning an RS. So,given that I would like to purchase one of these bad boys, then the pricing threads are quite relevant! I can't talk about the thrill of driving one until I get it right?

Just sayin.

Mario
Old 02-10-2016 | 10:26 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
You can check out my threads about how I got my GT4 track ready. Oh, I have an allocation of a low spec GT4 if you are interested.
Thanks Martin, I got one already.
Old 02-10-2016 | 11:28 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Nope, you'd get a premium over the $50k-$75k premium for non-PTS RSs...probably $100k to $150k over today depending on the color and how bad a collector wants it (only a collector would pay that kind of premium). I'm a driver and plan on tracking the car so above a certain price the car doesn't compute for me besides being a poor working stiff. Given the macro economic issues out there, there is a lot more downside risk to prices though.
Either you missed the sarcasm of his post or I'm missing that in yours...

I think he was alluding to the irony of your posts in this thread given you're attempting to sell your incoming GT4 at a premium over MSRP.
Old 02-10-2016 | 11:32 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Either you missed the sarcasm of his post or I'm missing that in yours...

I think he was alluding to the irony of your posts in this thread given you're attempting to sell your incoming GT4 at a premium over MSRP.
He posted in the GT4 forum that he was letting it go at msrp.... He seems like stand-up guy to me and I question why so many are trolling him..
Old 02-10-2016 | 11:34 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by RealityGT
He posted in the GT4 forum that he was letting it go at msrp.... He seems like stand-up guy to me and I question why so many are trolling him..
No, he's not. He's offering it at MSRP + TTL, so in California that's about a 10% premium to the buyer. He's not making money, but the buyer is paying a premium, so he has the luxury of building a relationship with the dealer. Spin it any way you want, he's selling that car at a premium when he could easily just let the dealer sell it to someone else at MSRP. Which, IMO, is kinda the definition of irony, or hypocrisy, if you think about it.
Old 02-10-2016 | 11:47 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

^yes
Old 02-10-2016 | 11:59 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Archimedes
No, he's not. He's offering it at MSRP + TTL, so in California that's about a 10% premium to the buyer. He's not making money, but the buyer is paying a premium, so he has the luxury of building a relationship with the dealer. Spin it any way you want, he's selling that car at a premium when he could easily just let the dealer sell it to someone else at MSRP. Which, IMO, is kinda the definition of irony, or hypocrisy, if you think about it.
Huh? So you want him to take a loss?? I don't get it. He's not making a dime, right?.. while other flippers are charging a premium on top of what they have into it..
He also stated that he is trying to build a relationship with the dealer so that's why he's taking it.. I guess I'm looking at this through a different lens, because I don't see why he is being chastised.. -The guy is being straight-up..
He's also admittedly willing to pay a certain amount over MSRP for his RS and I believe he paid above MSRP for his GT4..

I don't know him from adam, other than his posts.. but I believe many of you are just trolling him.
Old 02-10-2016 | 12:58 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Huh? So you want him to take a loss?? I don't get it.
He doesn't have to take a loss, he could just let the dealer sell it to another buyer at MSRP. He is selling the car at a premium over MSRP so that he can get something of value (dealer relationship). The buyer will be paying the same premium to him that they would pay to what he lovingly refers to as a 'stealer'. He's asking for a premium over MSRP, plain and simple. In fact, it's pretty much the exact same premium the dealers I've called are asking for at the moment. Honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would pay it to him unless the car is specced exactly as desired, given there are still some configurable allocations out there at a similar premium.
Old 02-10-2016 | 01:09 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Interesting thread! One where you have people complaining about RS for sale prices, and then you also have people complaining about the people complaining about the RS for sale prices If you dislike the pricing threads why not ignore it? And if you really want this thread to move towards technical discussions on the actual car, then why not try and start more threads that would do so?

Quick Reply: RS Ebay Prices Thread