Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT:911R

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 01:40 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So, I was allocated a UK 'R' yesterday, and specced it today!
Not sure how it happened, but not complaining...

I hadn't chased it at all, since missing out first time around, but I did have both my 918 (in for software upgrades), and a 924 Carrera GT (in for a complete respray) at Porsche UK last week. So maybe when one came up, I just sprung to mind! Dealer has probably been on the case as well.

Have gone pretty minimalistic with spec. White/green stripes. Buckets, partial brown leather, LW Battery, single mass flywheel, No lift, but do have aircon.

Currently PCM delete, but may give in on this, as I might regret it later if I use it a lot.
Does PCM delete save real weight, or is all the wiring etc stay in place anyway?

Build in September, a very nice surprise!
Old 07-16-2016, 01:54 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Congratulations!
Old 07-16-2016, 01:56 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
I know this is probably never going to happen, but what can you do when you want a car you can't seem to get? My dealer isn't getting any because they didn't sell any 918s so I thought I'd reach out here. If someone is on the fence about his (? her) car and would consider selling it to an enthusiast who will drive it everyday, covet it, and be a great steward of the car, then please reach out to me. I am not a flipper and have no intention of selling the car, but hope to drive it in the manner for which it was created. Again, I know this is a long-shot but just thought I'd reach out. After all, I only need 1 car. I am in Norcal / west coast but would consider a car anywhere in the US.
Other members here have named this 911R "Unobtanium." I wish the Porsche enthusiasts besides the 918 owners have the opportunity to own them. However based on what I've seen and read here and other postings, you will for sure pay a lot of money to get hold of one, A member in this forum on a different 911R thread posted this ad from the Middle East. I Googled the conversion and it is just short of US$600K.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Old 07-16-2016, 02:28 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by MerlinsGarage
If I had 2 I'd sell you one.
I'd get 4 if I could and not sell any.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:55 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
So, I was allocated a UK 'R' yesterday, and specced it today!
Congratulations!! I am really happy for this good turn of events! Just wondering, is the lw battery available in the UK? I had heard it was no longer offered.

(Also, just an idea, maybe you could consider CXX options (e.g. stripes) to match or complement your Arrow blue 918. Exclusive could help figure out the best matched colour of vinyl. There were some new two-tone roof stripes seen recently, and it might even be possible to get creative with them.)

Old 07-16-2016, 11:37 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

WOW those pics just look too hot and cool! Thanks for sharing and posting.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 07-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lessthan3mph
Congratulations!! I am really happy for this good turn of events! Just wondering, is the lw battery available in the UK? I had heard it was no longer offered.

(Also, just an idea, maybe you could consider CXX options (e.g. stripes) to match or complement your Arrow blue 918. Exclusive could help figure out the best matched colour of vinyl. There were some new two-tone roof stripes seen recently, and it might even be possible to get creative with them.)

Thanks - and yes, it was unexpected! I haven't been chasing at all since being missed out first time around, so good to know they were wording on it anyway.

I think that the LWT battery is available in UK, but seems to come separately, 'in a box from parts department' and needs to be switched out with original. My config will be confirmed on Monday/Tues so I'll let you know.

I had same thoughts on stripes, and have already asked for Arrow Blue roof ones! Again, we'll see. Having said that, I do like the green so not sure. I don't know if you did the pics yourself? If so, could I be really cheeky and ask if you could mock up a solid blue striped roof, but also with side stripes? If not, obviously no problem...

Thanks again.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:23 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats to Footsoldier on landing his R allocation.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:37 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
Thanks - and yes, it was unexpected! I haven't been chasing at all since being missed out first time around, so good to know they were wording on it anyway.

I think that the LWT battery is available in UK, but seems to come separately, 'in a box from parts department' and needs to be switched out with original. My config will be confirmed on Monday/Tues so I'll let you know.

I had same thoughts on stripes, and have already asked for Arrow Blue roof ones! Again, we'll see. Having said that, I do like the green so not sure. I don't know if you did the pics yourself? If so, could I be really cheeky and ask if you could mock up a solid blue striped roof, but also with side stripes? If not, obviously no problem...

Thanks again.
Happy to oblige. I will get on that later today (have a wedding to go to in the meantime). Side stripes in blue, or black, or both (script vs stripes)? Preference on wheel colour (aluminum, platinum, black, CXX)?
Old 07-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Thanks very much - that is appreciated!

I'm going to keep changes to a minimum, so would just want the normal solid roof stripes, but all in Blue, rather than the standard red or green.

Then, side Stripes in Black with Porsche script in Blue, or
Side Strips with Porsche script, all in Blue, would be great.

I'm sticking with the standard matte Aluminium wheels.

One question - I've just realised the side stripes are not on UK configurator at all. Are they a CXX option?

Cheers
Old 07-16-2016, 08:51 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 43 Posts

Footsoldier, Congrats on R allocation!

Any thoughts on GT Silver with black stripes vs Racing Yellow with black stripes?
Old 07-16-2016, 11:00 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Thanks!

I've always been a bit of a white car man, so sticking with that. (I did of course push my luck and ask for Arrow PTS after being allocated on Friday, but that was a fast 'no'...)
Old 07-17-2016, 02:54 AM
<3mph
Drifting

A little rough, but you get the idea.

One CXX option you might be able to do is wheel edge painted in Arrow.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:12 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great but needs blue calipers.

I wonder how the side stripe would look in blue like the lettering but still surrounded by the black stripes. Then the roof stripes with black outlines as rendered earlier in the thread.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:32 AM
<3mph
Drifting

No need to wonder any longer! It just might look a little like this.

Quick Reply: OT:911R