Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT:911R

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 12:28 AM
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
I want one of these, I hope a 991.2 version will come out in numbers that are reasonable, no offense but Im tired of the 918 people getting all these thank you gifts
Hasn't AP said something to the effect that an R type car will become a regular model with the next iteration? Even insinuated that the GT3 could be dropped in favor of an R and RS lineup?
Old 06-30-2016, 12:47 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,531 Likes on 2,288 Posts

^ AP called me in private and discussed such.
there will be GT3, GT3RS, R, RSRR, RSRR-V, CTSV-RRSR, Vtec-RHSRR2RT
furthermore each limited edition variants will have cab, targa, aero-extreme, pdk, stick version
each sub variant will have it's own palette of PTS.
the "numbered" edition of each sub variant shall be further distinguished by exotic materials such as Mg, Al, GFRP, CF, paper mache, balsa wood, redwood, birch....

bc as we all know, clearly 911 has too few variants, we need one model for each type of customers.
i cannot disclose more. i signed a NDA
Old 06-30-2016, 06:16 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
furthermore each limited edition variants will have cab, targa, aero-extreme, pdk, stick version
the "numbered" edition of each sub variant shall be further distinguished by exotic materials such as Mg, Al, GFRP, CF, paper mache, balsa wood, redwood, birch....

bc as we all know, clearly 911 has too few variants, we need one model for each type of customers.
I KNEW IT. Ok cool, I'll pm you privately and suggest everyone else does the same to ask about particular versions BC we know Porsche reads this thread every day. I'm especially interested in a targa PDK-s PTS partial MG/AL CRS-V RSS with the supercharged v8 (not the RSRR version which I presume has as yet untested non-Metzger engine?). Mooty's email address for those interested is Mooty@.....
Old 06-30-2016, 08:31 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Or they could just promote AP to CEO, put "GT3" or "RS" on all 911 w wing and "R" on all 911 w/o wing and let everyone enjoy the allocation, wait-list, "you're not worthy", MSRP+$100k games.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:18 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Or they could just promote AP to CEO, put "GT3" or "RS" on all 911 w wing and "R" on all 911 w/o wing and let everyone enjoy the allocation, wait-list, "you're not worthy", MSRP+$100k games.

That's what AMG did to their newer models. They just SOLD their AMG SOUL to "Brand Dilution" by slapping the AMG decal even though it was just tweaked or tuned by AMG. Suckers for money they are. LOL

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 06-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,792 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by Cazooch
What's peoples view on the clear rear lenses on a 911R? Me not sure I like
too ricer. keep it classic.

Originally Posted by dark knight
I want one of these, I hope a 991.2 version will come out in numbers that are reasonable, no offense but Im tired of the 918 people getting all these thank you gifts

Gap between GT3 and RS will continue to widen. It's what they've done with each subsequent generation and what most of us keep asking for.

In an ideal world:

GT3: RS with smaller wing/ducktail/no wing option and choice of trans, as light as it can be reasonably made.

RS: full insanity; full boat RSR for the street and all that implies. real track wheels, real track brakes, minimalist interior, relocated engine/trans per upcoming GTE, monster lightweight, cockpit adj sways and ABS. Likely never get last past DOT but one can dream.

Last edited by Nizer; 06-30-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:04 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
That's what AMG did to their newer models. They just SOLD their AMG SOUL to "Brand Dilution" by slapping the AMG decal even though it was just tweaked or tuned by AMG. Suckers for money they are. LOL

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
"PORSCHE GT-Inspired" Badges slapped on VW GOLFS soon.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:13 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,075 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
RS: full insanity; full boat RSR for the street and all that implies. real track wheels, real track brakes, minimalist interior, relocated engine/trans per upcoming GTE, monster lightweight.
But if it doesn't have slicks, a key ingredient is missing, unless the car is at least set up for slicks and the warranty covers slicks. Maybe that's the approach they need to take with all of the GT cars: set up and ship with street tires, but allow and warranty slicks and indicate what setup changes are needed for slicks (with the cars already having the needed easy adjustability without having to change or add parts).
Old 06-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 786
Hasn't AP said something to the effect that an R type car will become a regular model with the next iteration? Even insinuated that the GT3 could be dropped in favor of an R and RS lineup?
He says a lot of things:

"Flappy paddles are for grandmas," etc.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:26 PM
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
He says a lot of things:

"Flappy paddles are for grandmas," etc.
Granted, but doesn't that lineup seem to make some sense? An R type regular model, a GT3, and an RS seems overkill no? I could see them dropping the GT3 for an R & RS lineup. But then again Porsche is the king of model differentiation so im sure they will make as many iterations as they believe will sell.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:07 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,792 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
But if it doesn't have slicks, a key ingredient is missing, unless the car is at least set up for slicks and the warranty covers slicks. Maybe that's the approach they need to take with all of the GT cars: set up and ship with street tires, but allow and warranty slicks and indicate what setup changes are needed for slicks (with the cars already having the needed easy adjustability without having to change or add parts).
DOT track tires are fine; Hoosiers, etc.. It's what you take to the track to humble guys that show up at DE's with prior-gen Cups on slicks.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:51 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Gap between GT3 and RS will continue to widen.
Right now it's only 20HP. And a similar slim weight loss. I agree you get 90% of an RS with a regular GT3... if not more. But until a very objective friend gets his RS in a few months (he uses them as track cars), I'll see what he has to say as far as real differences.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:56 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ no, i have every GT3/RS variant.
it's 90% on paper
in real life, nope.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:58 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

DOT track tires are fine; Hoosiers, etc.. It's what you take to the track to humble guys that show up at DE's with prior-gen Cups on slicks.
agree with you.
hoosiers are not slicks
that's DE tires

real slicks are pirelli, yoko, michelin etc
Old 06-30-2016, 04:32 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,075 Likes on 2,322 Posts

agree with you.
hoosiers are not slicks
that's DE tires

real slicks are pirelli, yoko, michelin etc
But Hoosiers aren't real street tires and could never be supplied OEM. If allowing a track tire, I'm suggesting going all the way and developing the cars such that slicks can be used on track, while Cup 2 is still the OEM tire usable on the road.

Quick Reply: OT:911R