Sponsored by:

TRAKCAR does ED

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gnil
In a 80 zone , you loose your license for 2 years, your car will be taken and can be sold, + 1 year jail suspended sentence + fine according to your revenue If in on the highway ( limit 120 km/h ), you will miss the ' criminal offense' and loose your license for 3 month + fine according to your revenue
Damn the Kiwis and Australians must have learnt from the Swiss. All those nice cars and roads and you have to break the law and risk jail to enjoy them!

Great photos Chris. Can't believe how lucky Peter has been with the weather. Reminds me how lucky we were with out GT3 ED in Dec 2013. That was a fluke too I'm sure!

Looks like it's going to be a NZ vs AU final in the Rugby World Cup!!
Old 10-19-2015, 06:16 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

A few more photos from today... Not a cloud in the sky but it was frosty at 0oC this morning... Mr Purple was carrying a little extra weight in the form of ice!

The vette gets a special shout out as we nicknamed him cowboy for his driving style... Cows all over his car...Coincidence??? I think not!
Attached Images          

Last edited by 911rox; 10-20-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:19 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Damn the Kiwis and Australians must have learnt from the Swiss. All those nice cars and roads and you have to break the law and risk jail to enjoy them!

Great photos Chris. Can't believe how lucky Peter has been with the weather. Reminds me how lucky we were with out GT3 ED in Dec 2013. That was a fluke too I'm sure!

Looks like it's going to be a NZ vs AU final in the Rugby World Cup!!
They certainly did take notes from the Swiss Macca!

Weather today was fantastic, not a cloud in sight...

And yes, it should be a great final in that case

Last edited by 911rox; 10-20-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:33 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Couple of laps at Magny Cours with Chris aboard. Had help of a Porsche CUP series driver all day, he was a huge help to know the line quickly!
Fun track, not too difficult

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 10-20-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:52 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How does ~zero degree feel for the power delivery - should give you a health bum in torque which is all you need on ice lol... Chris, ice is when water freezes- doesn't just happen in the deep freezer at home, it can happen in Europe too
Old 10-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,883 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Couple of laps at Magny Cours with Chris aboard. Had help of a Porsche CUP series driver all day, he was a huge help to know the line quickly!
Like the flow, although the chicane leading on the main straight seems a bit unusual given that you've already dump all the speed on the prior corner.

Amazing to think that a 10yr old F1 car is still 30 seconds faster - almost 30% - around there than a current gen Cup car.

Nice to see Jules Bianchi's name on the record board.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:35 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
...Gonna be a shock driving home from the Denver airport tomorrow - especially realizing the stark difference in left lane discipline in the US (i.e. None)
So true. I experienced excellent left lane behavior from my fellow motorists while in Southern France last week...

The drive home from the airport after the trip was depressing.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

You are always welcome back to the old country!

Besides: in the US: is it ok to pass on the right side on highways? All states?

Last edited by Kobalt; 10-20-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:48 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
You are always welcome back to the old country!

Besides: in the us: is it ok to pass on the right side on highways? All states?
Technically no, but there is no lane discipline here so people pass wherever. Probably the worst part of our driver education is not teaching this. Some states like mine have laws that require slower drivers stay in the right lane, but are practically never enforced.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:53 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Nice driving, looks like you were having fun. Another track where you can push harder and not take too much risk. It has been a while since I drove there, I recall it was a very smooth track but with high tire wear. How are your tires holding up? Probably better than Dijon...
Old 10-20-2015, 07:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Magny Cours is a great track, not too bad on the tires at all. Still managed to cord the left rear but that one had been on the right rear at Dijon. Drove my *** off today. With Chris in the car I managed a couple of 2:54's straight away and was pretty happy with that. Than I got another ride with the coach, I scared him a bit and I was a bit pissed at myself for trying to hard under pressure.

So he got out and I focused and squeezed off a few of 1:52's and got my best lap of 1.519.
I finally understood the track, put a good one together and without the extra weight it worked:

We did another session after that with Chris in the car and repeated some 1.52's but called it a day with the pads running low and hot and the left rear tire cording :-)

Just got to the Hotel Am Tiegarten and Pistenklause :-) :-)
Tomorrow rest day, maybe lap the Ring with the van and give the RS a new setup, pads and tires to get it ready for Hockenheim Friday.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

That's a good effort Peter. Half a second quicker than Phils effort in the GT3 last year (I think I posted YouTube link a few pages back as a reference) too!

You have the factory pads right? How many track days have they lasted and how are the rears looking?

Are you going to make any geo changes when fitting the new tires and pads?
Old 10-20-2015, 08:13 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Don't know Phil and missed the video, sorry.

Changed from the OEM Pagid R15 pads (they are great) after 3 days Ring and 2 days Spa. They are still 60-75%.

Switched to Endurance race pads and they are about 20% front and 70% rear.
The rear pads last much long x3 looks like.

Tomorrow new pads, front rotors and tires with full setup.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Peter,

No problem. I know how hard it is to find the time and literally the bandwidth to get videos up while your travelling let alone watch other peoples!

It was Phillipe Gretz (philgv on Rennlist). He was there with you and the Porsche Club Geneva on the 17th at Dijoin. You may not have been introduced. He had the white 991 GT3 with Martini stripes. Here is a video from that day (his best lap was 1.28.97 in the session posted on youtube):

Im very impressed with the factory pads. Longevity is excellent. Bite is pretty god too. They dust up alot. Your endurance pads sound like they wore almost as quick as my "Endless" (4 track days and 3000km road and down to 25% at front).

How are those front rotors going? Id imagine you would be around half way through their lifespan now. Do you have many longer cracks (7mm+)? I take it the brake judder resolved itself? I put my factory pads back on and found they removed much of the pad transfer from the softer Endless compound and tidied the disc up very well.

I think you will notice some additional vigor with fresh MPSC2 on all four corners. You are really getting dialed into the car now!
Old 10-21-2015, 02:20 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yup, I remember the Martini GT3 and I thought to myself "racecar driver" the way he ran through traffic. The 4.0 driver introduced himself and we exchanged emails. Too bad I missed him.

I met the Martini Turbo driver as well. Other than that didn't meet many people as I arrived at noon and had to leave at 4 because I had a conference call scheduled and was out of tires. Visited that day was a surprise track day anyway, so rushed.

Rotors are fine, starting to see some 7mm cracks about 50% life I would agree.
Yes, every new set of MPSC2 is faster than the set that comes off. Today set 4 goes on.

New rotors and stock pads go in after the next 2 track days. Just pads today I think but will see at the shop.
Might as well ship the car cleaned up and refreshed for Sebring.

Quick Reply: TRAKCAR does ED