Sponsored by:

G43 fits in my door pocket

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 01:34 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
But IMHO, the first and most important step is for both sides to stop demonizing each other so that we can have a realistic and rational national conversation.
You can apply this statement to just about everything in politics today.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:40 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 207 Posts

We should make murder and robbery illegal. Oh wait, they are illegal. We don't need more laws, we need to enforce those on the books. As was pointed out above, Florida has a bazillion CCW permit holders and only a tiny fraction broke the law and thus lost their rights. Multiply that by the 40 something states with similar laws and you have the US of A. Yes, we have many guns, but if the libtards were right about how dangerous guns are and how they are used to kill innocents on purpose or by accident, we would have all killed each other decades ago.
The libtards want to restrict the rights of the law abiding citizen to own a gun, but they do not bother to worry about the criminals who have them. That is messed up.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:19 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by porschedog
We should make murder and robbery illegal. Oh wait, they are illegal. We don't need more laws, we need to enforce those on the books. As was pointed out above, Florida has a bazillion CCW permit holders and only a tiny fraction broke the law and thus lost their rights. Multiply that by the 40 something states with similar laws and you have the US of A. Yes, we have many guns, but if the libtards were right about how dangerous guns are and how they are used to kill innocents on purpose or by accident, we would have all killed each other decades ago. The libtards want to restrict the rights of the law abiding citizen to own a gun, but they do not bother to worry about the criminals who have them. That is messed up.
Yup that's all correct.........holy smokes! it's arguments like these that make the discussion impossible to resolve. Liberals don't want to take away your right to own a gun. They do worry and care about criminals having access. What's being discussed is how to fix lax regulations, not doing away with guns. I wish there were an easy solution, but there isn't one. But thanks, I feel a little better about my earlier post.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:36 PM
C-gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what fix all of these probelms...
A three letter word! J-O-B-S!
Jobs!... Stand up Chuck!
Old 09-05-2015, 09:04 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm on the right wing of the political spectrum, but something has to be done regarding gun violence. What we are doing is not working. It's crazy to me to think that a country/government as advanced as ours can't figure something out. Especially when you have kids, you want our surroundings to be safe, which they are not today.
In my line of work, I see the results of gun violence. I think if people witnessed this first hand (9 deaths in 7 different events during one summer night), it may open their eyes.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
That's true, unfortunately....

Originally Posted by porschedog
We should make murder and robbery illegal. Oh wait, they are illegal. We don't need more laws, we need to enforce those on the books. As was pointed out above, Florida has a bazillion CCW permit holders and only a tiny fraction broke the law and thus lost their rights. Multiply that by the 40 something states with similar laws and you have the US of A. Yes, we have many guns, but if the libtards were right about how dangerous guns are and how they are used to kill innocents on purpose or by accident, we would have all killed each other decades ago.
The libtards want to restrict the rights of the law abiding citizen to own a gun, but they do not bother to worry about the criminals who have them. That is messed up.
Great analysis. You're right about one thing; many laws already on the books aren't being enforced due to a lack of resources and political will; I've made that point several times.

To say Libtards (that's so clever how you put those two words together) or in fact almost anyone doesn't care about criminals having guns
is complete baloney, and adds nothing to the conversation except to encourage people not to take your points seriously.

Originally Posted by OCturbo
I'm on the right wing of the political spectrum, but something has to be done regarding gun violence. What we are doing is not working. It's crazy to me to think that a country/government as advanced as ours can't figure something out. Especially when you have kids, you want our surroundings to be safe, which they are not today.
In my line of work, I see the results of gun violence. I think if people witnessed this first hand (9 deaths in 7 different events during one summer night), it may open their eyes.
Great perspective, thank you for sharing it.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:54 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by OCturbo
how is passing more laws on the people who are behaving going to control the people who cant/wont behave?

you're thinking too much like a doctor and not enough like a cop
Old 09-06-2015, 12:30 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
how is passing more laws on the people who are behaving going to control the people who cant/wont behave? you're thinking too much like a doctor and not enough like a cop
I don't think anyone has an immediate answer to this, other than making it more difficult to legally obtain a gun, eventually by default results in less guns. Less guns makes less guns available illegally. That is the basic concept. The U.S. is a much different model though. We have gone so far down the path of mass producing enough guns, that more restrictive laws would have very little to zero impact in the immediate future. That said, on the opposite side of the spectrum, doing nothing or adding more guns is not the answer either. The biggest problem is having folks (me included) wanting to see something done, that doesn't take away our rights, and the complete opposite side, that says nothing should be done at all.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:39 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I don't think anyone has an immediate answer to this, other than making it more difficult to legally obtain a gun, eventually by default results in less guns. Less guns makes less guns available illegally. That is the basic concept. The U.S. is a much different model though. We have gone so far down the path of mass producing enough guns, that more restrictive laws would have very little to zero impact in the immediate future. That said, on the opposite side of the spectrum, doing nothing or adding more guns is not the answer either. The biggest problem is having folks (me included) wanting to see something done, that doesn't take away our rights, and the complete opposite side, that says nothing should be done at all.
That is a good point. Limiting access to firearms is not going to impact what is already out there.

We are all a bunch of smart people here.

What law or action, specifically, can be implemented to keep criminals from having access to guns from now on and how do we keep non criminals from using guns for criminal purposes.

Guy who shot my friend had no criminal record and was carrying a .45 glock (aquired who knows how) concealed (illegally). Up to that point, if he was 21, he would have been allowed to purchase the weapon. What law would have stopped the future criminal act? Specifically.

There have been and will always be evil in this world, sadly, guns or no guns.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:49 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
And that is why we are now the Divided States of America thanks to these POS career politicians on both sides of the political cesspool.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
That is a good point. Limiting access to firearms is not going to impact what is already out there.

We are all a bunch of smart people here.

What law or action, specifically, can be implemented to keep criminals from having access to guns from now on and how do we keep non criminals from using guns for criminal purposes.

Guy who shot my friend had no criminal record and was carrying a .45 glock (aquired who knows how) concealed (illegally). Up to that point, if he was 21, he would have been allowed to purchase the weapon. What law would have stopped the future criminal act? Specifically.

There have been and will always be evil in this world, sadly, guns or no guns.
I agree that there are many situations like that where it's not obvious how any reasonable law change would have had any impact.

But that is a poor argument to say that there should be NO changes ever to gun laws.

The rational discussions can't happen if one starts with a stance of refusing to accept any changes to gun laws that would restrict access in any way just out of principle.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:08 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doubleurx
The biggest problem is having folks (me included) wanting to see something done, that doesn't take away our rights, and the complete opposite side, that says nothing should be done at all.
nothing should be done until they enforce the existing gun laws and rest of the criminal laws, until then more regulation is only regulation on those who obey the law. Drive your Porsche through your local drug neighborhood, then tell me you want it to be more difficult to protect yourself/family. you have a fire extinguisher, water purifier (life straw) batteries, candles, no gun?

heres my new gun law, commit armed robbery/rape/murder go to jail for real and be sterilized. If you are here illegally and commit a violent crime sterilized and get deported.

I know a guy who was LAPD, he told me about the huge hassles with illegal alien crimes, IDs etc etc heres the super cool part, if you ran his DL in the computer it had his name and all, but his address just said LAPD
Old 09-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

A debate that will never be won too many personal views. I live in a big gun state, and a state with high regulation both have the same gun issues. NY and GA .....also spend several months in the EU no gun issues. I would say what we have here is very broken, and I'm not on either side of the argument but know it's broken.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:20 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maverick787
A debate that will never be won too many personal views. I live in a big gun state, and a state with high regulation both have the same gun issues. NY and GA .....also spend several months in the EU no gun issues. I would say what we have here is very broken, and I'm not on either side of the argument but know it's broken.
one of the fascinating things in Europe or at least Germany was I walked by a public park, it was clean there were kids/families-no scary gangbanger types, in America public parks in many cities seem to be filled with pants drooping prison tattoos and their wannabe kids, I look for that prison yard weight lifting too many pushups physique and I avoid those people.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:26 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
nothing should be done until they enforce the existing gun laws and rest of the criminal laws, until then more regulation is only regulation on those who obey the law. Drive your Porsche through your local drug neighborhood, then tell me you want it to be more difficult to protect yourself/family. you have a fire extinguisher, water purifier (life straw) batteries, candles, no gun?

heres my new gun law, commit armed robbery/rape/murder go to jail for real and be sterilized. If you are here illegally and commit a violent crime sterilized and get deported.

I know a guy who was LAPD, he told me about the huge hassles with illegal alien crimes, IDs etc etc heres the super cool part, if you ran his DL in the computer it had his name and all, but his address just said LAPD
Well then you face the other side of the spectrum. Like it or not, the same document that protects your right to own a weapon, also protects the rights of those breaking the law. So your argument to create a law that requires the sterilization of a violent crime offender, is equally as difficult as taking away your right to own a fiream.

Quick Reply: G43 fits in my door pocket