Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G43 fits in my door pocket

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Yes see your point on the U.S, but plenty scary people in Paris trust me ......you just know it will be a fist fight or knife(:
Old 09-06-2015, 02:36 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Yes see your point on the U.S, but plenty scary people in Paris trust me ......you just know it will be a fist fight or knife(:
never been to France in junior high I read about how the French falsely imprisoned Prof. Porsche and how his son Ferry had to essentially pay a ransom to free him, but the poor treatment and conditions led to his early demise, so he never really saw the great success Porsche became and Ive been mad ever since, although Im trying to deal with it so I can go to watch Porsche win LeMans. Ive seen pictures of the parade they had in Stuttgart led by a 917 when they won in 1971, I wonder if that still goes on?
Old 09-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Not sure ........I go there for the food three hour train ride from the Neatherlands.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Well then you face the other side of the spectrum. Like it or not, the same document that protects your right to own a weapon, also protects the rights of those breaking the law. So your argument to create a law that requires the sterilization of a violent crime offender, is equally as difficult as taking away your right to own a fiream.
No, Nick you have it all wrong. Don't you realize that the Constitution is perfect, inviolate, and made our country great only when it protects MY side of an issue? If it's protecting YOUR side, well let's just amend the damn thing to fix that, or pretend that we don't really have to follow how it's interpreted by the SCOTUS that the Constitution itself established to adjudicate constitutional disputes.

See how it works now?
Old 09-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Education, especially early education, is the only proven answer at this point. Curtailing generational poverty and the glamorizing of ethnic crime communities won't happen by passing further laws (any laws) and advocating for them shows a misunderstanding of our cultural divides.

Early education and the education of parents to its importance is a proven path. A child who isn't reading at grade level in third grade is not likely to graduate from high school. It has been reported nearly 75% of crime in the U.S. Is perpetrated by high school drop outs.

The issue is not about more restrictive gun laws.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 663 Likes on 311 Posts

I can't help but chime in...

I'm from MN and am absolutely pro gun. Took firearm safety in school at the age of 10 and have used sporting arms and handguns since. It's absolutely a huge part of our family. That said:

There are 318 million people in the US. There are currently 300 million guns in the US. It's growing at a rate of 10 million a year. We are roughly a few years away from one gun for every person in this country. Last time I checked the number of smart, responsible, and well trained gun users is going in the wrong direction. I don't like our odds for curtailing gun violence. Education is absolutely necessary but I think we are kidding ourselves if we think we are going to get that done in the volume we need to.

One can be pro gun and still believe we need to reduce the number of guns in this country. They are not mutually exclusive and the topic shouldn't run politically between the parties. It's time to start coming up with solutions of any kind. It's always been about the users and not the guns but I think we have given that methodology plenty of chance to work. Seems like we are losing ground...

Sorry, feel strongly about this..
Old 09-06-2015, 06:52 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 008
Education, especially early education, is the only proven answer at this point. Curtailing generational poverty and the glamorizing of ethnic crime communities won't happen by passing further laws (any laws) and advocating for them shows a misunderstanding of our cultural divides.

Early education and the education of parents to its importance is a proven path. A child who isn't reading at grade level in third grade is not likely to graduate from high school. It has been reported nearly 75% of crime in the U.S. Is perpetrated by high school drop outs.

The issue is not about more restrictive gun laws.
^^^^^^^ This is THE absolute problem, with just about everything. We are about into the 3rd (if not 4th) generation of complete losers that raise losers. These mutants depend on the school, welfare systems and law enforcement to teach there kids right from wrong. We now have "character counts" in all of the schools. WTF, why do we need the schools to teach our children what they should or shouldn't be doing? I have recently had to medically retire. Not real happy about it, but it's the only choice I had. It's probably for the best, because I'd end up getting sued by some POS (or their family). God help us all.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:11 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Delete
Old 09-06-2015, 09:16 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Gun control

from MAFIA INFORMANT SAMMY "THE BULL" GRAVANO:

"Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun."
Old 09-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX

"Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun."
Should we loosen gun laws and make guns even easier to get? Or are the laws just perfect exactly how they are?
Old 09-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

would CA "allow" you to use water for a pool?
Ha! Quite sure they wouldn't. Another good reason to remain on THIS side of the Colorado river.
The wildlife seems to approve (pictured: Very skinny bobcat taking a drink this summer).
Old 09-06-2015, 10:30 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Should we loosen gun laws and make guns even easier to get? Or are the laws just perfect exactly how they are?
No enforcement of existing gun laws is one of the problems. Chicago has some of the most oppressive gun laws, yet they don't enforce them. The should make criminal possession of a firearm , minimum 10 years in the state pen. No exceptions.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX

With all due respect, Sam, maybe Sammy the Bull doesn't understand what it would mean to have real gun control. Like many, he his repeating the same mantra that it means that the good guys can't get guns. I know of very few people who are advocating that and it's not a valid argument, IMHO.

40 states require NO background check for "private" sales of guns, which includes sales at pawn shops and gun shows, and accounts for close to half of all gun sales. This is important because it's easy to purchase a gun in a state without those checks and take it somewhere else to commit a crime. In fact, the 5 states that ranked at the top of the list in 2013 as the source for guns committed in a crime were Georgia, Florida, Texas, Virginia, and Arizona, none of which require checks on "private" sales. Coincidence? I doubt it.

I agree, we can't stop all gun related crime. But it should be virtually impossible for someone with a criminal record or a history of mental illness to purchase a firearm through legal means. Today, it is possible. ALL states need to have a consistent and universal system for background checking gun purchasers. Law abiding citizens might have to wait a little longer for a gun but it seems like a reasonable thing to try and it won't stop any of us good guys from ultimately having our protection.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:23 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

The inconsistency from state to state is nuts. I can get a carry permit in GA in 15 minutes. Sorry I said I was not going to get into the weeds with this as it not s solvable debate a lot of emotions tied to it. We just need to know we have more deaths by guys than any industrialized nation on the plant. More than 10000 lives lost annually, and that should be the quest to fix. Many nations have uneducated, but they don't shoot each other because they don't have access to a gun. I went to watch a movie, and the fool next to me had a gun, and he stood up so his shirt would rise so we all could see it. I should have left because he could have been mental, but I guess he wanted protection from the rest of us in a dark movie. Let's get back to talking cars. (:
Old 09-06-2015, 11:30 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In NY it takes a law abiding gun owner 6 mos to get a pistol permit for sport and hunt...no carry conceal. It takes a criminal a couple hours to find and buy an illegal hand gun...tops.

Quick Reply: G43 fits in my door pocket