Sponsored by:

G43 fits in my door pocket

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

in junior high I read about how the French falsely imprisoned Prof. Porsche
Porsche was involved in the organization of military production by slave laborers for the *****.
Not exactly 'false imprisonment'. He was lucky to not end up 10 feet above ground on an 8 foot rope.
...heckuva car designer, though.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:55 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Valkuri
Porsche was involved in the organization of military production by slave laborers for the *****.
Not exactly 'false imprisonment'. He was lucky to not end up 10 feet above ground on an 8 foot rope.
...heckuva car designer, though.
thats not the story Ferry Porsche tells, the elder Porsche was falsely accused of getting the Gestapo involved during factory sabotage, Ferry Porsche claims his father did not call the Gestapo and intervened to help the Frenchmen that were thrown in jail..seriously the guy was a car designer, an engineer what part would he have in organizing laborers? engineers do real bad at HR
Old 09-07-2015, 04:48 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
And that is why we are now the Divided States of America thanks to these POS career politicians on both sides of the political cesspool.
I was about to write "term limits FTW" but, absent that, the idiots who vote in the same idiots are the problem. Opinion polls for congress have been ridiculously low for, it seems, decades, but the same (mostly) guys keep being put back.

Separately, I hope to move to a free state some day. So before everyone here decides state to state rules should be more consistent (which I infer means folks want more rules everywhere), let me experience living in freedom for awhile, please? For a fellow enthusiast, hold off a bit until I can get out of the Gestapo state. Thanks
Old 09-07-2015, 07:59 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Should we loosen gun laws and make guns even easier to get? Or are the laws just perfect exactly how they are?
Originally Posted by Mike in CA
With all due respect, Sam, maybe Sammy the Bull doesn't understand what it would mean to have real gun control. Like many, he his repeating the same mantra that it means that the good guys can't get guns. I know of very few people who are advocating that and it's not a valid argument, IMHO.

40 states require NO background check for "private" sales of guns, which includes sales at pawn shops and gun shows, and accounts for close to half of all gun sales. This is important because it's easy to purchase a gun in a state without those checks and take it somewhere else to commit a crime. In fact, the 5 states that ranked at the top of the list in 2013 as the source for guns committed in a crime were Georgia, Florida, Texas, Virginia, and Arizona, none of which require checks on "private" sales. Coincidence? I doubt it.

I agree, we can't stop all gun related crime. But it should be virtually impossible for someone with a criminal record or a history of mental illness to purchase a firearm through legal means. Today, it is possible. ALL states need to have a consistent and universal system for background checking gun purchasers. Law abiding citizens might have to wait a little longer for a gun but it seems like a reasonable thing to try and it won't stop any of us good guys from ultimately having our protection.
Points taken. I should have added something to the quote. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am for fixing/closing loopholes, mainly private sales. I have no objection for strict enforced background checks etc but I have issues with other proposed "gun control measures" e.g. Seattle adding extra tax on ammo and weapons (ignoring state laws), the administration wanting to create a registry of sorts and proposing a requirement that buyers of 1,000 rounds or more to be tagged somehow, etc. All this is meaningless, in my opinion. And before anyone asks why would anyone need 1,000 rounds a pop, those who practice frequently know. I usually spend 300-500 rounds each visit to the range. The issue with mentally ill patients is much more complex than most think and that's an argument I won't even start.

Originally Posted by rockitman
In NY it takes a law abiding gun owner 6 mos to get a pistol permit for sport and hunt...no carry conceal. It takes a criminal a couple hours to find and buy an illegal hand gun...tops.
That's what Sammy The Bull thought...
Old 09-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
hope you never have to use your G43 in anger.....
Here in lies the problem. Canceled carry is a huge responsibility, not to be taken lightly. I have not taken a class to carry but have looked into it. I choose not to carry but am armed and ready in my home. My oldest daughter on the other hand had to start carrying for her own safety and we also went through a time when it was prudent to keep our fire arms close.

No responsible citizen would use a gun in anger. If they are well trained, any use would be in fear.

While mostly law abiding citizens live in peace they often do not recognize the dangers that lurk. May I suggest that you see if you can get an evening ride in a patrol car and see what the other world is up against. Maybe even take a canceled carry course, not to carry but to with the intent to learn.

As for laws, they are broken. I live 2 hours from the bay and our response time for police is maybe 30 minuets. If you need help you may be out of luck unless you can help yourself. More laws will not fix people who have little respect for human life and or themselves.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Sloopy
Here in lies the problem. Canceled carry is a huge responsibility, not to be taken lightly. I have not taken a class to carry but have looked into it. I choose not to carry but am armed and ready in my home. My oldest daughter on the other hand had to start carrying for her own safety and we also went through a time when it was prudent to keep our fire arms close.

No responsible citizen would use a gun in anger. If they are well trained, any use would be in fear.

While mostly law abiding citizens live in peace they often do not recognize the dangers that lurk. May I suggest that you see if you can get an evening ride in a patrol car and see what the other world is up against. Maybe even take a canceled carry course, not to carry but to with the intent to learn.

As for laws, they are broken. I live 2 hours from the bay and our response time for police is maybe 30 minuets. If you need help you may be out of luck unless you can help yourself. More laws will not fix people who have little respect for human life and or themselves.
Sloopy, I don't disagree with anything you say here and as I've stated numerous times, I own guns myself and understand that the world is a dangerous place. I'm not against guns; I just think we could be dealing with them better. I've tried to explain that my concern is that existing laws are not well funded with regard to enforcement or consistent across the country, but I'm not going to go over that again.

Also, you aren't the first person to take my earlier "using guns in anger" comment literally and I've already explained what I meant. Using (anything) "in anger" is an old expression (maybe that's why younger people aren't getting it) and in this context all it meant was that I hoped no one ever had to use their gun in a life and death situation and could save it's use for the range, hunting, or whatever else.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

And now for some levity.

Speaking on the House floor, Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee defended gang members committing crimes with guns.
“Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, April 9, 2013 Audio and/or video clip available
Old 09-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Sloopy
Pro

We need to all succumb to our leaders as they know better than us what is best.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

You joke, but it's my understanding after considerable research that Guam did in fact tip over after they imported assault rifles and handguns whose capacity was not capped at 10.

Last edited by 008; 09-08-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:46 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

amazing how stupid these people are, imagine how stupid the people who voted them in are
Old 09-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Waste of tax payers dollars clearly.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:15 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry OT. But Wow....... I knew there were dozens upon dozens of complete morons, but watch any of "Hanks" vids. Isn't there a minimum intellegence, that must be attained to represent others?
Old 09-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

But we should question how do they get voted in? We know the criminals, and less educated aren't the voting population which is where this debate was going. Criminals, and uneducated drive the crime. But the fools that get voted in are no better than the others in some cases worse. They spend all our tax dollars, and if they had real jobs they would be fired.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Sloopy
Pro

I think they need to find the Admiral another star. I find it hard to imagine that amount of restraint.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can confirm glock 19 fits really, really well in side arm rest.

Quick Reply: G43 fits in my door pocket