Sponsored by:

Used 991 GT3 Market

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by watt
I ordered my New Zealand Gt3 and GT4 with LWB and have always bought them when available in USA. Now that I'm getting another GT3 is USA, I'm only considering LWB cars.

Warren,

as Im sure you know, yellow is a very narrow market and an emotionally crystalising colour - 5% love it and 95% prefer something else. So I doubt it's the seats... You just need a yellow buyer.
I had buckets in my Cayman R when I had it and jumped in the chance to get them in the GT3 when they became available. I've always been one for the LWBs.

I don't doubt that the color turns some folks away looking for a used one. I'm sure the mileage turns some away, the PCCBs might, the LWBs, red stitching, etc. I would think folks looking are
Pretty particular about what they want. It's just a matter of finding the right buyer. My ultimate goal is to sell the car to someone who will truly enjoy it at a price that's a good value for both myself and the buyer.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:19 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yellow is enjoying (if yellow can indeed 'enjoy' ...) a bit of a renaissance - there are quite a few GT4 in yellow in this area. I just don't like red stitching and red belts on a yellow car for resale ...
Old 09-28-2015, 08:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Nice car still for sale!!

Originally Posted by STG991
Old 09-28-2015, 11:04 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

My old car at United BMW is now $148,450 on an MSRP near $153k. It's crazy to me that this car has not sold yet. Been sitting on the lot for 3.5 months!
Old 09-29-2015, 12:11 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by sgroer
My old car at United BMW is now $148,450 on an MSRP near $153k. It's crazy to me that this car has not sold yet. Been sitting on the lot for 3.5 months!
It's quite a finicky buyer out there from what I've observed!
Old 09-29-2015, 12:21 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,505 Likes on 2,563 Posts

For pre-owned cars, I suspect that the market is at a point where buyers won't give much credit for options and are instead looking at the absolute price, using the $131K base price as a reference. The one exception is probably that LWBs will likely command a premium, for those who really want them. I'd be interested in knowing the lowest prices the cars have sold for lately.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:41 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's quite a finicky buyer out there from what I've observed!
I'm currently in the market.

LWBs are a negative / non-starter for me but iron brakes and 18-ways are a must... As is an MSRP under 145k as the car will be a track car first and foremost.

Personally, I'm not interested in paying for options I don't want.

And my dealer has committed to getting me in one by middle of Spring 2016.

So for now, I'm waiting. Why buy a used one that someone else spec'd without getting a 'deal'.

And for me being in Northeast, going into Winter, I'm not in a rush and won't pay a premium for someone else's spec at this time.

Now.....If I get to March and still don't have an allocation, then my 'tune' may change quite drastically. ; )
Old 09-29-2015, 08:14 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm currently tasting waters....
Not familiar yet with the P cars in general. Gradually learning how the market is for the GT3 thanks to these amazing threads. Thanks OP to emulate such a discussion.
Like I said not really familiar with this market I find it hard to believe a used car should sell for MSRP or above no matter how rare it is. I always refused to buy (new) at sticker price let alone used. It is probably something I would need to adjust if I ever decide to pull the trigger on one.
Either way I understand that exclusivity has a price but to a certain extant.
GL to those who sell theirs at the moment. Who knows I might be your future client
Old 09-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by abcut973
Not familiar yet with the P cars in general. Gradually learning how the market is for the GT3 thanks to these amazing threads. Thanks OP to emulate such a discussion.
Like I said not really familiar with this market I find it hard to believe a used car should sell for MSRP or above no matter how rare it is. I always refused to buy (new) at sticker price let alone used. It is probably something I would need to adjust if I ever decide to pull the trigger on one.
GL to those who sell theirs at the moment. Who knows I might be your future client

GL with your search. Acquiring a 991 GT3 is very different from buying a typical german luxury car, a common sports car like a corvette, or even a regular 911.

You are probably aware from reading the threads that 98% of those who purchased a new 991 GT3 paid at least MSRP for their car. (This is contrast to the typical experience of purchasing a new Porsche 911 where most buyers get a 3-9% discount off MSRP).

You should respect and understand the fact that the vast majority of GT3 owners paid full MSRP, and some had to pay extra thousands to get their GT3 allocation. If you consider that #1 fact, the #2 fact that except for last minute cancellations, 991 GT3 allocations are gone until the second generation of the 991 GT3 starts deliveries in 2017, and #3 that demand still exceeds supply of the 991 GT3........then selling/buying a pre-owned low mileage GT3 for MSRP makes more sense.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:33 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

You're not a typical buyer, and thus not representative of the market. Most people who buy a GT3 know a good bit about the car and have been lusting after it for a while, at least to some degree. It's a car purchase which involves passion, and combining that with scarcity keeps prices up. Biggest factor bringing prices down is when the new generation comes out, especially if it's perceived to be an equally good or better car by most people.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:33 PM
abcut973
Pro

Originally Posted by Drifting
GL with your search. Acquiring a 991 GT3 is very different from buying a typical german luxury car, a common sports car like a corvette, or even a regular 911.

You are probably aware from reading the threads that 98% of those who purchased a new 991 GT3 paid at least MSRP for their car. (This is contrast to the typical experience of purchasing a new Porsche 911 where most buyers get a 3-9% discount off MSRP).

You should respect and understand the fact that the vast majority of GT3 owners paid full MSRP, and some had to pay extra thousands to get their GT3 allocation. If you consider that #1 fact, the #2 fact that except for last minute cancellations, 991 GT3 allocations are gone until the second generation of the 991 GT3 starts deliveries in 2017, and #3 that demand still exceeds supply of the 991 GT3........then selling/buying a pre-owned low mileage GT3 for MSRP makes more sense.

I do realize and understand all the points mentioned above. The pill is just difficult to swallow at the moment
Maybe if I have the opportunity to test drive one day I'll be even more convinced by this car. Time will tell ...
Old 09-29-2015, 08:45 PM
abcut973
Pro

Originally Posted by Manifold
You're not a typical buyer, and thus not representative of the market. Most people who buy a GT3 know a good bit about the car and have been lusting after it for a while, at least to some degree. It's a car purchase which involves passion, and combining that with scarcity keeps prices up. Biggest factor bringing prices down is when the new generation comes out, especially if it's perceived to be an equally good or better car by most people.
Right I am a newbie in the P world. But I'm not new to performance. Went from 02 M3 to 06 RS4 to 09 C63. Currently owning a '12 C63 Black Series. I'm feeling it is time to add another great car to the stable. I tasted the GTR but really think a GT3 is what I want (even thought about the GT4 for the manual box). I never own a Porsche in my life. This has to change
Old 09-29-2015, 08:52 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

GL with the search. Stay away from the stealers many of them on this site and shop around with the private party folks. You will not have to pay over and you will get a great car. There are several beauties out there right now that are priced right. There is a yellow one and a GT Silver one below MSRP very nicely optioned.

Key is you need to be willing to budge on your specs. If you are not then get the jar of vaseline ready and just take it.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:02 AM
STG
Race Director

2014 White GT3 170K MSRP asking 165K with 1,200 miles. Says no mods at all. Make them an OFFER.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...white-gt3.html

Lift
PCCB's
Extended Range Tank
18 ways
Old 09-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Right I am a newbie in the P world. But I'm not new to performance. Went from 02 M3 to 06 RS4 to 09 C63. Currently owning a '12 C63 Black Series. I'm feeling it is time to add another great car to the stable. I tasted the GTR but really think a GT3 is what I want (even thought about the GT4 for the manual box). I never own a Porsche in my life. This has to change
Porsche. There is no substitute. You'll see!

2014 White GT3 170K MSRP asking 165K with 1,200 miles. Says no mods at all. Make them an OFFER.
I don't mean to impact someone's sale, but this is a good example of a car poised to sell a good bit below MSRP. 170K means about 40K in options which weren't selected by the new buyer, some of which may even be things the new buyer doesn't want, so the question isn't how much discount on the 40K but rather how much credit for the options (i.e., start from 0K, not 40K). 165K for a lightly used '14 GT3 seems high compared a brand new '16 RS with base price only 10K more.

Quick Reply: Used 991 GT3 Market