Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 12:51 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1198r
I'm intrigued to know if anyone else is in the current same position as me on PTS:

- always had a Sept build date with Dec delivery date and still not changed
- system confirms "parts ordered" back in early July
- dealer confirmed there will be a delay.....
- dealer has been trying to contact mother ship for two weeks now and can't get hold of anyone for an answer on delay......
- other known PTS cars from same dealer have been written to formerly stating put back to Dec build and march delivery....

I really don't mind when I get my car - I just find it amusing PAG can't tell me when!

Anyone else same?
Not same but confusing nonetheless.
- PTS confirmed early with October build
- Moved to July build
- Told car would ship August 7
- Car went into production in July as planned
- Aug 7 date came and went without shipment
- Told earlier this week car has been completed
- Expecting it to ship Sep 18

I suspect there are factors beyond what we know that make the forecast difficult and almost random.

But it will happen!
Old 09-06-2015, 03:04 AM
MoeGt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From this years batch of PTS, the dealer did mention 3 PTS going into production.

1 car which has been ordered by you and 2 of our cars. We have production dates of December2015 and delivery in February 2016 for both cars.

When we had our PTS confirmed by the factory our production dates did not change. The dealer did did confirm that it will stay a December production.

Originally Posted by 1198r
I'm intrigued to know if anyone else is in the current same position as me on PTS:

- always had a Sept build date with Dec delivery date and still not changed
- system confirms "parts ordered" back in early July
- dealer confirmed there will be a delay.....
- dealer has been trying to contact mother ship for two weeks now and can't get hold of anyone for an answer on delay......
- other known PTS cars from same dealer have been written to formerly stating put back to Dec build and march delivery....

I really don't mind when I get my car - I just find it amusing PAG can't tell me when!

Anyone else same?
Old 09-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 178 Likes on 96 Posts

It looks like Miami blue is confirmed as a special colour for the 991.2. Graphite blue and gt silver are regular metallic paints now as well.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:12 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
It looks like Miami blue is confirmed as a special colour for the 991.2. Graphite blue and gt silver are regular metallic paints now as well.
Very interesting news. I kind of wish they'd reserved a few more of the RS colours for that car only. I'm guessing UV may be the only one left now. That would make the UV RSs very special if so.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:16 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 3mph
Very interesting news. I kind of wish they'd reserved a few more of the RS colours for that car only. I'm guessing UV may be the only one left now. That would make the UV RSs very special if so.
I'm personally quite disappointed that LO was not kept for the GT3 RS (for at least a bit longer). I saw non-RS LO cars in the US before the first RS touched US soil!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:24 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
I'm personally quite disappointed that LO was not kept for the GT3 RS (for at least a bit longer). I saw non-RS LO cars in the US before the first RS touched US soil!
Only color that I want is UV if not PTS. EXTEND THE UV PRODUCTION PORSCHE!
Old 09-08-2015, 01:57 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default 'Graphit Blau Metallic'...

I spotted & photographed the color 'Graphit Blau Metallic' during my visit to Leipzig in late July & reported it here on Rennlist.
I believe it was the first time this color was discussed as possible new hue for Porsche! I am glad they finally have announced
it's a new color in the Porsche 991 palette! You will also see it on the 981!

See post # 153

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...2015-a-11.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 09-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

So.. have finally bitten the bullet and changed my spec from Mexico blue to MIAMI blue. Having stared at various pictures for weeks and weeks I've decided that I really like the colour, from the pics I took vs the Mexico blue cayman, to Eduardo's pics and other sample pics too. It also means that I go from a potential 5 month delay for Mexico Blue to a 1-2 month delay for Miami, so Feb/March delivery next year hopefully. I have attached the screenshot of the various snaps of the colour, will have to wait and see what it looks like when it arrives!

Old 09-10-2015, 12:34 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Either colour most would be happy. Congrats.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
i am still being told December delivery on my PTS Signal Green.

Fingers crossed and knocking on wood and all the other **** i can do while typing this.

it better be on track, im ordering wheels, exhaust, and a roll cage this week to time things perfectly.

still communication from overseas is lacking and i wish i had access to watch the live feeds of all the security cameras at the factory so i can literally watch my car being built all day.

and then id like to throw my own personal tracking beacon inside for its trip here.
Signal green will be epic. I drove the RS at silverstone PEC on Monday.. all I can say is WOW. Massive thanks to Barry Horne for instructing.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:26 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Awesome! Really looking forward to seeing Miami! Especially after all the conjecture about what it'll look like.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Hp1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcx
Signal green will be epic. I drove the RS at silverstone PEC on Monday.. all I can say is WOW. Massive thanks to Barry Horne for instructing.
Did you drive a yellow gt4 afterwards?
Old 09-10-2015, 05:47 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
i am still being told December delivery on my PTS Signal Green.

Fingers crossed and knocking on wood and all the other **** i can do while typing this.

it better be on track, im ordering wheels, exhaust, and a roll cage this week to time things perfectly.

still communication from overseas is lacking and i wish i had access to watch the live feeds of all the security cameras at the factory so i can literally watch my car being built all day.

and then id like to throw my own personal tracking beacon inside for its trip here.
Sadly, all I've been seeing is more PTS delays again. I don't really care at this point as my RS is out to Feb now - would rather it be March. My Targa PTS order has been pushed 3-4 times now as well and is a Dec delivery when it was originally late Sep after going V215 in April...
Old 09-10-2015, 05:59 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Sadly, all I've been seeing is more PTS delays again. I don't really care at this point as my RS is out to Feb now - would rather it be March. My Targa PTS order has been pushed 3-4 times now as well and is a Dec delivery when it was originally late Sep after going V215 in April...
Ugh. That sucks. I wonder what gives with all the delays. I mean they've already severely restricted pts availability to very low numbers. You'd think they'd be prepared to build the few allocations given in a reasonably normal timeframe... Puzzling.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:01 PM
juncinv
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I am in the same boat, at this stage, the closer to spring the better off it is. Who wants to take delivery in the northeast in the late fall or winter?
Hopefully end of first quarter which makes it ideal for driving. What shade did you select for your RS. Signal Green?

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS