Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 05:36 PM
GianiCakes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Clearly we are all hearing different versions on the RS pts saga but I was just told that of the 4 pts received in Zurich all of them had to be sent back due to quality problems. As a result no more will be delivered. Who knows what the absolute truth is but it seems signal yellow is not going to happen for me although my build has now apparently moved forward to November for Christmas delivery. Perhaps I can get some 21" winter tyres off a Cayenne?
Old 08-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,835 Likes on 953 Posts

Before anyone gives up on PTS.....

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...iera-blue.html
Old 08-15-2015, 12:40 AM
fotografieporter
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

honestly, theres no chance with PTS for RS buyers in Hong Kong because Porsche Hong Kong only rang me up to pick options in Mid July by then Porsche AG has already closed the door on PTS. very upsetting.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:43 AM
fotografieporter
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
July. Allocation, not build.

Summer shut down means no way it goes to build until at least Sept at earliest, but customer can't spec Miami Blue because it's not a Sept or later allocation. Just plain stupid and beyond customer unfriendly.
my car is gonna to be built in Oct but then I didn't get PTS approval.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:47 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry i haven't read every page of this thread (it's pretty dense), but I hope I'm not repeating something answered earlier. My question is....is the RS UV color a PTS option for the GT3
Old 08-15-2015, 08:50 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

As of right now, UV is not on the PTS approved list.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:07 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=
Old 08-15-2015, 09:09 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it b/c aluminum body panels are used on the 3 and not the RS?
Old 08-15-2015, 09:33 PM
<3mph
Drifting

My guess is that it would be feasible, but it has simply not been requested and approved as of the last available PTS approved list. Hopefully Porsche sees how popular this colour is and starts to offer it as standard elsewhere in the line up. Barring that, hopefully someone requests UV for another 911 variant of this generation, and this opens the door for the next round of PTS and the next round of GT3.

Speaking of which, it would be great to figure out which are the most highly desirable not-yet-approved colours so that we can fan out and all can start going through the request process to get these colours approved for ourselves or others. I don't know whether you need to have an actual build to do this, or if a deposit with the dealer (to get them involved) is sufficient, or if you could request a new colour via Exclusive or PCNA etc. I posted about this earlier in the thread but no one chimed in with more info about the process. If anyone has done this before without an actual build, please let us know your experience.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by shaytun
Sorry i haven't read every page of this thread (it's pretty dense), but I hope I'm not repeating something answered earlier. My question is....is the RS UV color a PTS option for the GT3
Originally Posted by 3mph
As of right now, UV is not on the PTS approved list.
Daniel is right. 'Ultraviolet' not on the approved PTS list for any Porsche model...period. It's only a 'special color' on the 2016 991 gt3 RS at present.

If you think this is dense, try the other thread on the 991 forum. That one has 59 pages and 250K views!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

Originally Posted by bronson7
Is it b/c aluminum body panels are used on the 3 and not the RS?
I don't think that is the reason. 'Ultraviolet' is only offered on the 991 gt3 RS at the moment* as a 'special color'. I believe it's a marketing decision to hold 'Ultraviolet' exclusive for the gt3 RS as of right now. 'Lava Orange', on the other hand, is freely available on the regular 991 models as a 'Special Color' for only US$ 3140.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*But not for long. 'Ultraviolet' will not be available after November 2015 production on the gt3 RS model either. We don't know why it's being 'withdrawn' so quickly. Personally, I think it's one of the best colors Porsche has formulated in recent years. If it's not for a technical reason (warranty-related due to coverage / fade issues), I would expect the color to be offered via PTS in the near future since it will be requested for certain by many other Porsche customers!

Old 08-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 3mph
Speaking of which, it would be great to figure out which are the most highly desirable not-yet-approved colours so that we can fan out and all can start going through the request process to get these colours approved for ourselves or others. I don't know whether you need to have an actual build to do this, or if a deposit with the dealer (to get them involved) is sufficient, or if you could request a new colour via Exclusive or PCNA etc. I posted about this earlier in the thread but no one chimed in with more info about the process. If anyone has done this before without an actual build, please let us know your experience.
Daniel: I only know of two Rennlisters that have been able to request a PTS color without placing an actual order. David (djcxxx) in Florida was able to request 'Tangerine / Blutorange' (it was ultimately rejected) and 'Green Lantern' in California has requested 'Chartreuse / Lind Green' via Sonnen (it has not yet been approved or denied...still under feasibility). So it can be done...if you or your Porsche dealer has some 'pull' with PAG. The latter doesn't do the actual feasibility study on the requested PTS color. That task falls to one of the official paint suppliers of PAG.

We definitely can start a 'wish-list' of desirable PTS colors for Porsche to consider. My short list includes:

1) 'Signal Orange'
2) W25 'Signal Green'
3) 'Acid/Bahama Blue'
4) 'Golden Green'

And I'll think of many more if you give me time...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-15-2015, 10:13 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Thanks for the info Eduardo! I just might have to test the PTS-new-request waters... Glad to have you back safe and sound and rejuvenated from your epic trip!
Old 08-16-2015, 02:03 AM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Eduardo,
As always thanks. I am waiting for a .2 GT3 and UV would be so nice. Hopefully it becomes an option.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:15 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

For those looking at Voodoo, this heavily optioned GTS is at Porsche SD. I'm not sure about the wheels however.
Attached Images   
Old 08-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man - I think someone had too much caffeine when they spec'd that car. Gorgeous color but ruined with those wheels - what happened there?? That's GT3 RS money? Crazy!! Thanks for posting though - one of my fav colors. Any interior pics?

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS