Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

So, scouting around for more Miami Blue pics, I came across these, a GT3 in South Africa, apparently the colour is a custom colour, close to but not Riviera Blue. Maybe this guy was the first MIAMI BLUE PTS?

http://www.zero2turbo.com/2015/03/ph...th-africa.html

Does look a lot like the samples I've seen. Thoughts gentlemen? Maybe it's Riviera after all.. anyway looks great.

Last edited by Mcx; 09-18-2015 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 09-18-2015, 01:58 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
Slate gray looks similar to graphite blue
Ya, that's what I and others thought too, especially in this promo video!

Originally Posted by 3mph
It also doesn't look like graphite blue met. To me, it looks more like (non-metallic) slate grey
Originally Posted by NORTH DRIVE
Looks like slate grey to me
And even seeing it in person outside in natural light, Eduardo thought the same.

Originally Posted by Z356
And I must tell you that my first reaction after seeing this color, especially from the distance, was that it was also PTS 'Slate Grey' (one of the formulations). I didn't see a hint of 'metallic' in it...but they tell me it's there! Here is another shot of it I took in the heavy rain - the 'Graphit' is definitely more pronounced than the 'Blau'!

And another of his photos, showing the blue a bit more:

I wonder if it's a bit like McLaren's awesome new Chicane grey, which can take on blue and grey tones depending on the photo.

And my photo of the same colour (looks more grey):

Seems to me like Porsche is reinventing and drawing inspiration from a number of popular past colours--or maybe it's just us enthusiasts who are trying to draw connections (that aren't really there??!) to our favourite historic colours! Sometimes these reincarnations have been hits (UV from Royal purple 341, Club blau from bahama blau). Sometimes they have been misses or at least more controversial (Miami blau from ?riviera, LO from blutorange). And perhaps there will be gradual acceptance and even love for these colours. Even UV was at first widely panned until better photos and the cars arrived.

I wonder if Graphite blue met was meant to invoke slate grey. Either way, I suspect Graphite blue met will be quite popular, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. If it's anything like Chicane grey, I bet it will be stunning on a GT car, being able to pull off modern and elegant simultaneously.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:04 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcx
So, scouting around for more Miami Blue pics, I came across these, a GT3 in South Africa, apparently the colour is a custom colour, close to but not Riviera Blue. Maybe this guy was the first MIAMI BLUE PTS?
My guess/thoughts fwiw. I doubt this is a truly "custom" colour, since the window for PTS on the GT3 was so limited that there likely would not have been enough time to approve such a colour. I suspect this car is painted in one of the already approved colours. Moreover, we have not seen any riviera-like colours (other than mexico) on the most current approved PTS list, and PTS for the GT3 closed long enough ago that it's unlikely one more riviera-like colour snuck in for approval since then. So, I don't think the story sounds plausible to me.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

Yes that certainly makes sense. There goes that theory.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:02 PM
PLom
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Miami Blau 991.2 from pff.de

Cheers, -Peter

Miami blue 991.2
Old 09-18-2015, 03:38 PM
CHillGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im kind of digging the graphite blue. Lighting sure makes a difference on the colors appearance though. I guess you could say that about a lot of colors though.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:34 PM
GianiCakes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Today I finalised the build spec on my RS and Mr Purple it will be. For a brief moment I considered Speed yellow (having been so cruelly rejected from PTS Signal yellow) but ultimately decided that the exclusive to 991RS UV was the way to go complete with silver wheels to make it pop.
Week 50 production so should reach me in January.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by GianiCakes
Today I finalised the build spec on my RS and Mr Purple it will be. For a brief moment I considered Speed yellow (having been so cruelly rejected from PTS Signal yellow) but ultimately decided that the exclusive to 991RS UV was the way to go complete with silver wheels to make it pop.
Week 50 production so should reach me in January.
You are clearly a genius with impeccable taste
They are not silver. They are "Matte aluminum" exclusive to UV.

I'll post a pic in 7 days at the ring.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:18 PM
GianiCakes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ooops, now I feel bad about the sloppy silver wheel reference. No wonder they rejected my pts request!
Old 09-18-2015, 09:20 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PLom
Miami Blau 991.2 from pff.de

Cheers, -Peter

Miami blue 991.2
Miami is starting to grow on me more and more.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:04 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Signal Green'...

Originally Posted by RSGT
Some examples from Porsche Exklusiv Zuffenhausen

I agree with your assessment but maybe the labels are switched on the photos?
Porsche Exclusiv did the example photos and put the labels on
The greens are very hard to film.
In real they appear completely different
I know these greens can be difficult to accurately photograph, but knowing the spyder is viper green,
I think the panels have been mislabeled. I'd guess the top left and bottom left are 2D8 (green), the
top right is viper (225) and the bottom right is signal. I thought viper has the most yellow in it which
the top right photo clearly has. Maybe the expert on this, Eduardo, can give his thoughts?
Originally Posted by Loess
These are all in different lighting/exposures so I don't think you can directly compare them.
You need to look at the overall colour shade...The other colour samples as labelled look ok to me as well.
Viper is darker and signal is more yellow with 2D8 in the middle. A picture with all three would have been best..
OK...here is all of them together in the 'Wailing Wall' of PTS at the 'Porsche Exclusive' office in the Customer Center
at Zuffenhausen on a photo I took on July 17th!

Unfortunately, I don't remember the order of the greens in the photo due to my recent Alzheimer's Diagnosis.

But in general, I would trust that what 'Porsche Exclusive Germany' sent to RSGT was researched and labelled correctly.
I was frankly surprised at how well the 'Signal Green' looked that day compared to all the other bright 'green' color samples
hanging from that wall. It truly was pretty damn impressive...and I don't say that because I own a 'Signal Green' vehicle!
As most of you know, I am more a fan of the old 997 W25 formulation of 'Signal Green' than the current 22S formula,
which has less yellow tint than my old W25 (shown in factory painted rear deck lid from my old 997 Carrera S). But the
22S formula for 'Signal Green' is probably more faithful to the original / vintage early 911 hue!

In summary, the current 'Signal Green' (color code 22S) truly stands out at the Porsche Exclusive 'Wailing Wall'. The photo supplied by PAG
captures the vibrancy of that hue more so than my garage photo above shot with a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX7V. This 'green' is truly hard to
photograph correctly unless you are using a very expensive camera lens! It is best to experience it in person. And as I always tell everyone
that will care to listen, choose the PTS for your custom order only after you see that color with your own eyes. Don't rely on photos...mine or
anyone else's. They often don't represent what you eyes see.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 09-21-2015 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 09-20-2015, 07:18 PM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

When graphite blue met was first posted by Eduardo I think I mentioned that I thought Slate Grey (Y97 - which is what I ordered for my GT4) will look very similar in certain lights.
It's funny you mention Chicane Grey - The reason I ordered Slate Y97 is because I figured this would be the closest I could get to Mclaren's Chicane Grey which may just be my favourite colour.

[QUOTE=
Old 09-20-2015, 07:24 PM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

Last edited by NORTH DRIVE; 09-20-2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 09-20-2015, 08:45 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo, does the now a day version of Signal green 22S have more of a blue tint to it than the old version W25 which seems to have a yellow tint?
Old 09-20-2015, 08:49 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know about you, but Miami blue is a disappointment.

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS