Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 04:17 PM
NYCone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
I respect your honesty in paying over MSRP. I realize the GT3 is an awesome car, but I would never pay over MSRP. If every GT3 customer walked away from an over MSRP offer this insanity would not continue. We GT3 customers are our own worst enemies. With all that said enjoy your GT3 and hope it arrives soon.
I've never paid over MSRP until now. Over a year on the list, I was the next in line for an allocation when my dealer told me they weren't getting any more...

I didn't realize how tight the market was until I called a few dealers, none to be had. I could go used on the forum. I tried on 3 cars and was too late each time (I don't have time during the day to check the lists).

I was offered the Arena Red out of Omaha for MSRP, I hesitated, and then was chasing my tail...

It irks me to no end I'm over MSRP, especially after turning down the same build for MSRP. Maybe the Arena Red will hold its value better and I'll get the money back at sale?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:37 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Agreed. A seller can ask whatever price he likes. The buyer has the choice to accept or walk. Similarly, there are members here who are offering their used cars at MSRP or higher. If the pricing is too high, the market will correct it. I have been offered dozens of pcars at over-MSRP pricing over the years. I never get upset, I just politely pass. If the next person in line accepts the offer, I offer my congratulations to both buyer and seller. It's very simple and certainly not anything about which I could ever get upset.

Zen Buddhist? Definitely not Larry David
Old 04-12-2015, 06:46 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Eduardo, any chance you have an updated list of these cars?

Helping a friend try to secure one (his first Porsche). My attempts to convince him to get a GT3 RS fall flat considering the lack of immediately available allocations, and he's not as patient as I am.

(Thanks, as always, Eduardo!)
Old 04-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Eduardo, any chance you have an updated list of these cars?

Helping a friend try to secure one (his first Porsche). My attempts to convince him to get a GT3 RS fall flat considering the lack of immediately available allocations, and he's not as patient as I am.

(Thanks, as always, Eduardo!)
To my knowledge, there is nothing more current than what I posted on March 30th. 'Oto60' has not yet revealed the dealer of his 'Arena Red Metallic' and I am not going to push him. It's in Tri-State area, so either Manhattan Motor Cars or New Country Porsche of Greenwich...but I can't confirm. 'Cobra Man of UT' claims he knows where a 'Signal Green' gt3 is located...but we don't know if he is identifying one we have already listed or if it's something totally new. The trail has gotten pretty cold in the past two weeks.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Repeat of March 30th post:

If any of you have located any other one of these supposedly 30 PTS gt3s that are part of these late allocations, please post or pm/email me. Thanks. We are pretty certain that at least a few 'Modegrau' gt3s are not yet accounted for...

HERE IS OUR UPDATED LIST AS OF MARCH 30th

'Signal Green'
Confirmed
1) McKenna - CA (Status Unknown. Was initially available at $20K over MSRP...but it might be higher now!)
2) Beverly Hills - CA (Sold at markup over MSRP)
3) Stevinson - CO (Sold)
4) P of Beachwood- OH (Sold at MSRP to Rennlister)
5) P of Bellevue - WA (Sold)
6) P of San Diego - CA (Sold as MSRP to Rennlister)
7) P of Rancho Mirage - CA (Asking $20K over MSRP)
8) Porsche of Syracuse (Cicero, NY). Under Contract (apparently).

Reported but not yet confirmed
9) Ellis - GA (Several folks that have called Ellis report the latter doesn't think it has been allocated one).
10) Porsche of the Main Line - PA (Has anyone called them?)

11) Assigned to a North Carolina customer that is part owner of a Porsche sales & restoration shop. (Sold at MSRP). I personally think this is an extra PTS 'Signal Green' gt3 in addition to the 10 originally allocated to US dealers in the reward program. Need that confirm since it's only speculation on my part.

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
1) Porsche of Tacoma -WA Available. (Asking $10K over MSRP)
2) Porsche of Omaha -NE - (Under Contract to Rennlister)
3) Porsche of Conshohoken - PA - (Under Contract at MSRP to Rennlister).
4) Porsche Exchange - IL (Available as of two days ago. Were asking MSRP)
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills - CA (Available as of a few days ago).
6) Sewickley Porsche - PA (Under contract to local customer)
7) Manhattan Motor Car Company (NYC) - Apparently Available!
8) Porsche of North Scottsdale (AZ) - Apparently Available!
9) New Country - P of Greenwich (CT) - Apparently Available!
10) ?

'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'
Confirmed
1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP)
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak originally claimed it was 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'. We didn't believed them and had evidence that showed it was 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'.
3) New Country - Porsche of Greenwich. Supposedly will be sold to Jerry Seinfeld.
4) Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas - (Under contract to Rennlist user)
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?
8) ?
10) ?

11) Assigned to customer known as 'Anonymous918' & who has two 918's on order! He is the only PTS gt3 in this group whose specs were totally modified from original. He is getting LWB, PCCB, etc. Along with the North Carolina buyer, I believe this PTS 'Modegrau' is an extra build and does not count against the original 10 'Modegrau' that PAG/PCNA originally thought to allocated to the US dealers on the reward program. But I don't have confirmation of that at the present time and is only speculation.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:58 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
To my knowledge, there is nothing more current than what I posted on March 30th. 'Oto60' has not yet revealed the dealer of his 'Arena Red Metallic' and I am not going to push him. It's in Tri-State area, so either Manhattan Motor Cars or New Country Porsche of Greenwich...but I can't confirm. 'Cobra Man of UT' claims he knows where a 'Signal Green' gt3 is located...but we don't know if he is identifying one we have already listed or if it's something totally new. The trail has gotten pretty cold in the past two weeks.
Understood. Much appreciated, Eduardo!
Old 04-12-2015, 09:19 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

The trail has gotten pretty cold in the past two weeks.
Indeed. Working from the 30 PTS cars report, it would seem several dealers have their incoming PTS cars "hidden" from review by other dealers.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:34 PM
NYCone
Instructor

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Repeat of March 30th post:

If any of you have located any other one of these supposedly 30 PTS gt3s that are part of these late allocations, please post or pm/email me. Thanks. We are pretty certain that at least a few 'Modegrau' gt3s are not yet accounted for...

'Signal Green'
Confirmed
1) McKenna - CA (Status Unknown. Was initially available at $20K over MSRP...but it might be higher now!)
3) Stevinson - CO (Sold)
7) P of Rancho Mirage - CA (Asking $20K over MSRP)

9) Ellis - GA (Several folks that have called Ellis report the latter doesn't think it has been allocated one).

11) Assigned to a North Carolina customer that is part owner of a Porsche sales & restoration shop. (Sold at MSRP). I personally think this is an extra PTS 'Signal Green' gt3 in addition to the 10 originally allocated to US dealers in the reward program. Need that confirm since it's only speculation on my part.

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
4) Porsche Exchange - IL (Available as of two days ago. Were asking MSRP)
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills - CA (Available as of a few days ago).
7) Manhattan Motor Car Company (NYC) - Apparently Available!
8) Porsche of North Scottsdale (AZ) - Apparently Available!
9) New Country - P of Greenwich (CT) - Apparently Available!
10) ?

Confirmed
1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP)
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak originally claimed it was 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'. We didn't believed them and had evidence that showed it was 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'.
3) New Country - Porsche of Greenwich. Supposedly will be sold to Jerry Seinfeld.
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?
8) ?
10) ?

11) Assigned to customer known as 'Anonymous918' & who has two 918's on order! He is the only PTS gt3 in this group whose specs were totally modified from original. He is getting LWB, PCCB, etc. Along with the North Carolina buyer, I believe this PTS 'Modegrau' is an extra build and does not count against the original 10 'Modegrau' that PAG/PCNA originally thought to allocated to the US dealers on the reward program. But I don't have confirmation of that at the present time and is only speculation.
Having called every dealer on the list above, some listed as available are already gone.

The ones still available are ALL over MSRP. Had they not been over MSRP, I would have chosen them over the one I committed to buy at $10K over MSRP.

The only heads up I might give is Beverly Hills has LWB. I can't sit in them, but I know others seek them.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:05 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NYCone
Having called every dealer on the list above, some listed as available are already gone.

The ones still available are ALL over MSRP. Had they not been over MSRP, I would have chosen them over the one I committed to buy at $10K over MSRP.

The only heads up I might give is Beverly Hills has LWB. I can't sit in them, but I know others seek them.
NYCone:

A) Why don't you post what the dealers (that you called from our list) told you so that we can update our information for other Rennlisters.

1) So status of their PTS gt3 (sold or available)
2) If a PTS gt3 is available, what price over MSRP are they asking for it?
3) Any other interesting facts (like LWB on
the 'Arena Red' at p of Beverly Hills
).

B) What is the dealer you committed to buy from?
Are the specs of your 'Arena Red' the same as the
one you previously considered at P of Omaha?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-13-2015, 12:17 AM
NYCone
Instructor

Below is my memory of calling the dealers below from Z356's list. Please know, I didn't take notes, so use it as a guild, not fact:

'Signal Green'
Confirmed
3) Stevinson - CO (Sold)
7) P of Rancho Mirage - CA (Asking $20K over MSRP) - Still available at $20K over MSRP

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
4) Porsche Exchange - IL (Available as of two days ago. Were asking MSRP) - Can't recall whether this was committed or asking over MSRP
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills - CA (Available as of a few days ago). LWB and Over MSRP
7) Manhattan Motor Car Company (NYC) - Apparently Available! I believe they want over MSRP
8) Porsche of North Scottsdale (AZ) - Apparently Available! Sold but new owner may sell back to dealer soon
9) New Country - P of Greenwich (CT) - Apparently Available! Asking $10K over MSRP
10) ?

Confirmed
1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP) Called twice, both times they said they did not have the car
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak originally claimed it was 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'. We didn't believed them and had evidence that showed it was 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'. Seeking $40K over MSRP, spoke to sales manager who was willing to go to $25K over MSRP
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?
8) ?
10) ?

Old 04-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Below is my memory of calling the dealers below from Z356's list. Please know, I didn't take notes, so use it as a guild, not fact:
Thanks NYCone. BTW, Guide or Guild?

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
4) Porsche Exchange - IL (Available as of two days ago. Were asking MSRP) - Can't recall whether this was committed or asking over MSRP
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills - CA (Available as of a few days ago). LWB and Over MSRP
7) Manhattan Motor Car Company (NYC) - Apparently Available! I believe they want over MSRP
8) Porsche of North Scottsdale (AZ) - Apparently Available! Sold but new owner may sell back to dealer soon
9) New Country - P of Greenwich (CT) - Apparently Available! Asking $10K over MSRP
10) ?
Informally, I am putting you down as an upcoming gt3 customer of New Country P of Greenwich! Similarly I have attached Oto60's name to the one at Manhattan Motor Car Company. I am just guessing since neither of you have revealed the identity of your dealers. But sooner or later both of you will hopefully share that information with us & we look forward to establishing that level of candor among our lucky group of buyers who are getting these late '15 PTS gt3s!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Informally, I am putting you down as an upcoming gt3 customer of New Country P of Greenwich!
NY Cone informed me via PM that he is getting his gt3 in the West Coast, not P of Greenwich. It is one of the first 'Arena Red' gt3s identified by an earlier post in Rennlist, before we started compiling the info for our thread.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Green on Green...

The coincides keep piling up for my gt3. I fell in love with a 'Signal Green' .1 997 in 2007 and eventually bought it in 2011. Then I promptly lost it in an accident.

But exactly four years later, to the month, I was able to negotiate the purchase of another 'Signal Green' 911, this time a 991 gt3 which Porsche mysteriously decided to use as one of three colors for their last '15 PTS gt3s! What are the odds that PAG would have chosen that exact color for these special gt3s and I was able to locate & successfully negotiate for one?

And now, my dealer in Ohio has informed me that our 'Signal Green' gt3 has been loaded up on the 'Green Bay' transport vessel at the port of Emden, Germany. So 'Green' on 'Green'! What a coincidence!

The Porsche Gods are with me on this one...I think!

As of a few minutes ago, the vessel was cruising on the North Sea just off the coast of Belgium. It was heading towards the English Channel. One of the 'Green Bay' destinations after it crosses the Atlantic will be the port of Davisville in Rhode Island, where my gt3 will be unloaded. It's expected to arrive at my Ohio dealership around May 8th.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Signal green

^ Hey Eduardo,

Rhode Island is about 20 minutes away for me. Because I'm such a nice guy, I'll volunteer to go pick it up for you free of charge!

All kidding aside, congrats. You certainly deserve it. I wonder how many PTS GT3s exist in the US and in the world. Seems like a small number.

Last edited by Ma991; 04-13-2015 at 05:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-13-2015, 07:15 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Delete.

Last edited by FORENN; 04-13-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 59 Posts

Eduardo,

McKenna's green PTS is sold. Don't know how much over, but it went for a premium.

Cheers

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!