Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:32 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
So, if you take the painted key option, will they match it PTS?
Originally Posted by Z356
Yes, apparently so. This is the key of Jamie140's PTS 'Riviera Blue' 991 gt3 in Canada.
Yes, indeed. Unless you specify otherwise, the color coded key will always match your exterior color.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:38 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Great, I also specked "alternative color" nipples instead of matching, but for now it says Violet as color. I guess they will pick that up as well.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:43 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
This is a bit over the top, no? I think a quick skim of this single thread (the one you thought important enough to post in) would have done the trick.

Even more over the top... and frankly, uncalled for -- especially in a thread that has brought useful information to so many RLers and even helped land a handful of them a dream car formerly thought to be impossible.
Plus 1
Old 04-10-2015, 10:50 PM
NYCone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been on a GT3 PTS list at my dealer forever. I didn't get an allocation.

These PTS are getting tight. I was offered an Arena Red at MSRP 2 weeks ago. I hesitated, and now it's gone.

I went out to the PTS list, Signal Green ~$20K over, Arena Red ~$10K over, Grey ~$25K over.

I heard from a few folks, no more GT3s ever. I doubt it, but likely none in the near future, so I put my money down on an Arena Red.

Mexico Blue was my first choice. Any owners out there, PM me.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:00 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCone
I have been on a GT3 PTS list at my dealer forever. I didn't get an allocation.

These PTS are getting tight. I was offered an Arena Red at MSRP 2 weeks ago. I hesitated, and now it's gone.

I went out to the PTS list, Signal Green ~$20K over, Arena Red ~$10K over, Grey ~$25K over.

I heard from a few folks, no more GT3s ever. I doubt it, but likely none in the near future, so I put my money down on an Arena Red.

Mexico Blue was my first choice. Any owners out there, PM me.
Did you pay over msrp ?
Old 04-11-2015, 01:57 AM
NYCone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Did you pay over msrp ?
Yes. I hesitated on the one offered at MSRP, and lost it. I polled all the other dealers with allocations, and none would sell at MSRP. I committed to over MSRP. If anyone knows of a car at MSRP, PM me. I haven't had any luck on that front.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:01 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

That statement is both true and false, at the same time.

No more 991.1 GT3's, ever. Production ends very soon now.

There will be a 991.2 GT3 in a couple years (maybe less).

There will almost always be a GT3 and a GT3 RS.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:08 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
That statement is both true and false, at the same time.

No more 991.1 GT3's, ever. Production ends very soon now.

There will be a 991.2 GT3 in a couple years (maybe less).

There will almost always be a GT3 and a GT3 RS.
"Always" is a big word. I would guess you could be right, or for at least as long as it sells well. However exactly what specification a GT3/GT3RS is built as will "always" change... 991.2 GT3 may be safe (???) but as soon as the ever encroaching governmental regulations leave PAG no choice there will he change.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:17 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
"Always" is a big word. I would guess you could be right, or for at least as long as it sells well. However exactly what specification a GT3/GT3RS is built as will "always" change... 991.2 GT3 may be safe (???) but as soon as the ever encroaching governmental regulations leave PAG no choice there will he change.
I'm not saying it'll always be in the same form it exists in now, but there will always be a GT3 and GT3 RS type 911 road car offered. The only time they'll stop trying to fit into any regulations and sell such a car is when their competitors stop selling such cars. I don't see Ferrari, Lamborghini, Chevy, BMW, AMG, or any of those folks stopping any time soon.

Also, Andreas Preuninger.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:34 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Yes. I hesitated on the one offered at MSRP, and lost it. I polled all the other dealers with allocations, and none would sell at MSRP. I committed to over MSRP. If anyone knows of a car at MSRP, PM me. I haven't had any luck on that front.
I respect your honesty in paying over MSRP. I realize the GT3 is an awesome car, but I would never pay over MSRP. If every GT3 customer walked away from an over MSRP offer this insanity would not continue. We GT3 customers are our own worst enemies. With all that said enjoy your GT3 and hope it arrives soon.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:45 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
I respect your honesty in paying over MSRP. I realize the GT3 is an awesome car, but I would never pay over MSRP. If every GT3 customer walked away from an over MSRP offer this insanity would not continue. We GT3 customers are our own worst enemies. With all that said enjoy your GT3 and hope it arrives soon.
No need to make the guy feel bad about his purchase. And you're dreaming if you think there will ever come a time when all GT3 buyers walk away from an over-MSRP offer.

Congrats to NYCone...that arena red metallic GT3 is going to be an absolute stunner!

Last edited by FORENN; 04-11-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:51 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This was posted in H82BL8's Viper green ED thread just now, in case anyone is looking:

Originally Posted by COBRA MAN OF UT
Beautiful color. I actually know of a PTS signal green new 15 gt3 in USA pm me if serious
Old 04-11-2015, 01:10 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

I meant no disrespect to NY Cone. I'm just pointing out that we the buyers set the market price and therefore we are our own worst enemies. I remember being told the following
You will never get a GT-R WO a mark up. I walked and dealer called me back few years later and paid invoice.
I wanted a Rolex SS Daytona watch. I was told thousands over MSRP. I walked. A year later I received a call from the same jeweler and purchased for MSRP.
Now Porsche produces a PTS where the customer doesn't even get to choose his/her color and people paying over MSRP.
It's insanity
Old 04-12-2015, 01:06 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

Dealers that sell above MSRP are feeding the customer's expectation that he gets a good deal on the next one. It may be a zero-sum game for dealers in the big picture.

Then again, the "S" in MSRP is "Suggested." It is not Manufacturer's "SET" Retail Price. In the customer's mind, it's sticker or something less. The dealer is thinking "whatever the market will bear." I see both sides.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:13 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Then again, the "S" in MSRP is "Suggested." It is not Manufacturer's "SET" Retail Price. In the customer's mind, it's sticker or something less. The dealer is thinking "whatever the market will bear." I see both sides.
Agreed. A seller can ask whatever price he likes. The buyer has the choice to accept or walk. Similarly, there are members here who are offering their used cars at MSRP or higher. If the pricing is too high, the market will correct it. I have been offered dozens of pcars at over-MSRP pricing over the years. I never get upset, I just politely pass. If the next person in line accepts the offer, I offer my congratulations to both buyer and seller. It's very simple and certainly not anything about which I could ever get upset.

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!