Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 03:20 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Loss of use, depreciation, stigmatization of engine replacement, insurance costs, etc..
^^All of this.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:23 PM
new GT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
The amount of money should be directly related to how long the car is out of service. If this thing ended today $10K would be in the ballpark. It would depend on what else is included. But it's not going to end today and could easily last for another month or more.

Credit for merchandise is unacceptable (ok, I might consider sport seats as part of the deal) . Free service in addition to cash compensation and a warranty extension would be something to consider. But ultimately, cash and extended warranty is what would make me most satisfied.

Exactly.
So what would another month or two be worth, keeping in mind that's it's now track season and at that point the car will be getting close to being a model year old. Is $200 a day reasonable?
Old 03-27-2014, 03:33 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Lol, the sounds of 2 more months and the new 15s popping up shortly after just sounds terribly poor to me. I would so take a refund inc taxes plus 10k right now to just not think about it anymore.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by new GT3
So what would another month or two be worth, keeping in mind that's it's now track season and at that point the car will be getting close to being a model year old. Is $200 a day reasonable?
I think that number would need to be seriously considered.

BTW, I started the car briefly today to relocated it slightly in my garage and work on some different flat spots for the tires. Sounded great, didn't blow up which was good. Damn, I miss driving it....
Old 03-27-2014, 03:41 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 159 Posts

There is another way to look a this. If they delay telling you what the deal is you hold on to your cars. Once they are close to fixing them they can offer you something minimal or just take them back and sell them. Other wise they would have had to sit on them for several months instead of you. I bet you don't see very much if any cash. You are hoping they do it out of good will. I doubt it. The GT3 buyer is just not that important to them. If we were they would have already done something.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:46 PM
new GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Lol, the sounds of 2 more months and the new 15s popping up shortly after just sounds terribly poor to me. I would so take a refund inc taxes plus 10k right now to just not think about it anymore.
So would I but I don't think that's going to happen. They don't want to issue refunds so they're not going to give additional money to make it enticing. They should make it enticing (very enticing) to keep the car and bear with them through this and continue to be a Porsche loyalist. I for one would like to come out of this with the car and feeling that I was treated royally by Porsche. Feeling that I actually ended up in a better position then if this never happened. No sign of that so far.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:56 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

I think issuing refunds is their best deal. When I passed on my order he resold it in 15 minutes. That guy wasn't even on the list and now he is getting a GT3 in a couple of months. If you give thier car back to them they owe you nothing and they resell it at list. Is 10K at this level that big a deal?
Old 03-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Metodt
Intermediate

Just for general info. A AVIS basic 991 rental in Germany goes for € 249 EUR per day which is in todays fx $ 342 USD.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:05 PM
new GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by carcommander
There is another way to look a this. If they delay telling you what the deal is you hold on to your cars. Once they are close to fixing them they can offer you something minimal or just take them back and sell them. Other wise they would have had to sit on them for several months instead of you. I bet you don't see very much if any cash. You are hoping they do it out of good will. I doubt it. The GT3 buyer is just not that important to them. If we were they would have already done something.
All that does is **** people off, they will still have to refund taxes and fees along with then having to warrenty the car for 6yrs as a CPO if the cars are returned, so they're not saving much. They should make an announcement that this much will be done as part of a larger package. The longer this goes on the more it's going to take to un **** me off. Also, I don't think we are so unimportant, I know for myself as a car guy that people ask my opinion and I influence a lot of purchases especially for higher end cars. I'm sure many, if not most, here have the same influence.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

It will certainly be interesting to see what Porsche ends up doing.

Certainly, those who have taken possession of the car should be reimbursed for any down time. Probably based on a typical lease or loan payment + insurance and registration costs. I would imagine that would be in the $3k to $4k per month range.

I think anything above and beyond that would be a great gesture of good will on the part of Porsche, but I wouldn't expect much more. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

They will have no problem selling all of these they make, whether a 2014 or 2015. They really have no incentive to give huge rebates, etc. to anyone.

Of course, it's been over 30 days. I suppose a big influx of lemon law claims might light a fire under their backside.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:11 PM
new GT3
Advanced

All that does is **** people off, they will still have to refund taxes and fees along with then having to warrenty the car for 6yrs as a CPO if the cars are returned, so they're not saving much. They should make an announcement that this much will be done as part of a larger package. The longer this goes on the more it's going to take to un **** me off. Also, I don't think we are so unimportant, I know for myself as a car guy that people ask my opinion and I influence a lot of purchases especially for higher end cars. I'm sure many, if not most, here have the same influence.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:15 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

They would not want you to lemon law the cars. That creates a black mark on the title I believe. I think they will take they back without having to do that. Cars at this level are an emotional decision not a logical one. Looking at it from their side, if they are willing to give you your money back anytime why do they owe you any compensation? A token maybe as a gesture of good will but nothing big.

I like Porsches have owned many and currently own two. I will never try to be an early adopter again.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
It will certainly be interesting to see what Porsche ends up doing.

Certainly, those who have taken possession of the car should be reimbursed for any down time. Probably based on a typical lease or loan payment + insurance and registration costs. I would imagine that would be in the $3k to $4k per month range.

I think anything above and beyond that would be a great gesture of good will on the part of Porsche, but I wouldn't expect much more. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

They will have no problem selling all of these they make, whether a 2014 or 2015. They really have no incentive to give huge rebates, etc. to anyone.

Of course, it's been over 30 days. I suppose a big influx of lemon law claims might light a fire under their backside.
I think the $3-4K per month would be fair with respect to down time/loss of use. There is also the issue, though, of perceived loss of value and depreciation, at least in part due to some orders being rebranded as 2015's immediately after the 2014's are restored. IF that happens, it adds another dimension to the problem.

There is so little we actually know at this point which is why everyone is just spinning their wheels with all of this back and forth.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

They would not want you to lemon law the cars. That creates a black mark on the title I believe. I think they will take they back without having to do that. Cars at this level are an emotional decision not a logical one. Looking at it from their side, if they are willing to give you your money back anytime why do they owe you any compensation? A token maybe as a gesture of good will but nothing big.

I like Porsches have owned many and currently own two. I will never try to be an early adopter again.
Fraid your right all the way.

I've said this before, but I don't understand why GT3 buyers think they are so special. It's a small number of buyers buying a small number of cars. Look at all the posts here the past month, all of us have owned numerous other brands, not just Porsche. In my town most Porsche buyers fit the same stereotype, middle management guys, soccer moms, guys taking out car payments for their first sports car. GT3 buyers need to get over themselves.

As far as our word of mouth influence, I once believed that. Then I changed Porsche dealers because of service issues. My old dealership is still in town and still selling cars without me. Life moves on.

Porsche will do what is best for their business interest. They have a duty to their shareholders.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 PM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

The GT3 buyer is just not that important to them. If we were they would have already done something.
Porsche is well aware GT3 buyers tend to be some of their most loyal customers. Retaining customers of a six figure product is a given for a company, especially customers who are repeaters. Even true for Porsche.

Also, again, speed does not necessarily equate good and proper progress, and I certainly don't feel marginalized just because they're taking time to find resolutions for us. I've waited a very long time for this car. A few weeks, even months won't kill me.

We should all just talk again in two weeks, otherwise we'll just keep going in circles.

Quick Reply: Compensation