Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

They may be referring to the software improvement for the RWS.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Rumour. Just the engine sans exhaust. There are software updates for PDk, engine, RWS and electric steering ecus and around 40 ancillary connectors hoses an clips to help facilitate the transfer with ease as well as a sticker pack with the new engine number and a suimentary for the manual mentioning the function of the bye warm up light and the fact the ecu limits revs until oil is at approx 45-50C. I have spoken to 7 owners now with the new engines and all are very much enjoying their cars - one has even cancelled his 458 speciale order. Consensus is exhaust sounds sportier from low down in sports exhaust mode, perhaps a little more low down torque but difficult to gauge after the long wait but a very noticeable improvement in steering turn in an cornering not that it was shabby to start. Everyone was extremely glad they hung in but some only just...
Old 06-05-2014, 07:56 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Rumour. Just the engine sans exhaust. There are software updates for PDk, engine, RWS and electric steering ecus and around 40 ancillary connectors hoses an clips to help facilitate the transfer with ease as well as a sticker pack with the new engine number and a suimentary for the manual mentioning the function of the bye warm up light and the fact the ecu limits revs until oil is at approx 45-50C. I have spoken to 7 owners now with the new engines and all are very much enjoying their cars - one has even cancelled his 458 speciale order. Consensus is exhaust sounds sportier from low down in sports exhaust mode, perhaps a little more low down torque but difficult to gauge after the long wait but a very noticeable improvement in steering turn in an cornering not that it was shabby to start. Everyone was extremely glad they hung in but some only just...
Thanks, Macca!

When do you get yours swapped and back on the road?

-Tim
Old 06-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Mark, thanks! Good information.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Thanks, Macca!

When do you get yours swapped and back on the road?

-Tim
Hi Tim. Thanks for asking. Waiting for confirmation later today. I was told two weeks ago it was to be produced week 22 (last week). That it would probably then take 2-3 weeks to be shipped to the other side of the planet and installed. Being a man with tempered expectations ion this regard (really, why???) I am resigned to hope that it will be back on the road by the end of June.....god of GT3s willing!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:00 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So good to read this! My master mechanic tells me that new engines usually come with new exhaust manifolds, etc. Is it different for this situation?
Old 06-05-2014, 10:05 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi Tim. Thanks for asking. Waiting for confirmation later today. I was told two weeks ago it was to be produced week 22 (last week). That it would probably then take 2-3 weeks to be shipped to the other side of the planet and installed. Being a man with tempered expectations ion this regard (really, why???) I am resigned to hope that it will be back on the road by the end of June.....god of GT3s willing!
If anyone needs to be prioritized to expedite It sure should be for you
for all you have done in support of this car and its community Thanks
and the speediest of shipping for you Macca
Old 06-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. Im fairly relaxed about it as long as it is all said and done by the end of June. Of more importance to me is how I get treated in regards to compensation - Im still waiting to hear back on how this will be handled and Ive been firm but fair and made sure my expectations are known. Im not expecting special privileges - just fair treatment, like if my car was still on the road in Switzerland where it was first registered (Im an EU citizen and passport holder), and coincidentally where the first reported "fire" outbreak occurred!

Sam. I hope service resumes shortly for you as you do indeed deserve it and I cannot wait to hear your further track exploits and adventures in this car. Its a good question. I know it doesn't come with the exhaust from Cat back and Id actually be very surprised if it came with a new cat but the manifold I am unsure of to be perfectly honest - never thought to ask but may make sense as this part mates directly to the engine block and could be cause for concern from the factory for techs to torque up and replace (i.e. gasket kits, torque spec, cracked manifold flanges etc).

Ill try and find out.

Once silver lining form all this. Ive made alot of close "internet buddies" from our shared trials and tribulations and my wife and I hope to visit a few of you on our travels over the years to have a beer and reminisce about "that moment in time"!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:20 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ill try and find out.

Once silver lining form all this. Ive made alot of close "internet buddies" from our shared trials and tribulations and my wife and I hope to visit a few of you on our travels over the years to have a beer and reminisce about "that moment in time"!
Awesome. I too can't wait to see some vids of you driving down under in the (still) new rig. Cheers!
I like your idea. Perhaps we can arrange a 991 GT3 Rennfest somewhere in a summer where we all meet in person and down some brewskis! Now that would be cool.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:24 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear! Looking forward to your reunion with your car and hopefully more videos--and maybe more "air brake" impersonations by your wife!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 AM
YOCOHO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mqandil
I think the wait is almost over. My car is being picked up today to head to San Deigo for the heart transplant. The car has been stored at the dealer since February 20th, and this is where it is being picked up from. The delear was advised the car will be back within 2-3 weeks. So hopefully get the car back by the last week of June. Just wanted to give you an update. Mark
Awesome news Congrats!!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:06 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Having bailed months ago and still loving my 991 C2S everyday, I'm so excited for you guys that are close to getting back on the road. My dealer called and told me he sold my Cat B car to a longtime customer. This guy notoriously drives cars for about 1K miles over a couple years and then trades. So... In 2 years, the GT3 I ordered will be available at a major discount, with very low miles on it. I'll know the market and reliability better by then. And I'm the first person my dealer will call when the car comes back in, and maybe I'll take it home!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:02 PM
mshahidz
Advanced

Looks like we are getting our car back on Monday.
Service rep says he needs to drive it 60km before returning it (feeling a little nervous about this).
We've received no word on the compensation in terms of when and how we are receiving it. Ian is nowhere to be found....
Old 06-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mshahidz
Looks like we are getting our car back on Monday.
Service rep says he needs to drive it 60km before returning it (feeling a little nervous about this).
We've received no word on the compensation in terms of when and how we are receiving it. Ian is nowhere to be found....
Where are located?
Old 06-06-2014, 02:37 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mqandil
I think the wait is almost over. My car is being picked up today to head to San Deigo for the heart transplant. The car has been stored at the dealer since February 20th, and this is where it is being picked up from. The delear was advised the car will be back within 2-3 weeks. So hopefully get the car back by the last week of June. Just wanted to give you an update. Mark
Excellent!!!! I hope I get mine back by end of June too!!!!!
-Last week the dealer in Chicago said they will be shipping the car soon. I't's at the dealer now. I just called them and got VM.. will find out asap..

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?