Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:35 PM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Why was your car stopped at port on Dec. 18th? The stop sale did not happen until early Feb.

BTW, if they continue to delay engine production maybe Porsche would be better off killing the 2014 GT3 and start with the 2015 model assuming they can get their act ready by then.
Never got a reason. My dealer told me my car left that week, in fact, he gave me a boat name to track. Tracked that boat all the way to Houston. 4 days after the ship left Houston, I asked, "where's the car?" They looked in the system, and it was slated to catch the next boat all of a sudden, leaving Emden mid to late Jan. Supposedly no updates until that time.

When the update came, and I was informed my car would be another month, I was told "the wait would be worth it". Zero explanation as to what happened, though I don't think they cared to check to see. I personally believe this problem, or a problem, was well known prior to February.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:04 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

WOW! What you and others experienced whose cars never left Germany raises red flags for me. What did Porsche know and when did they know it?

Something is wrong. This makes little sense.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:11 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW! What you and others experienced whose cars never left Germany raises red flags for me. What did Porsche know and when did they know it? Something is wrong. This makes little sense.
Yep--I think Frayed had a similar situation?
Old 04-22-2014, 02:20 PM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

WOW! What you and others experienced whose cars never left Germany raises red flags for me. What did Porsche know and when did they know it?

Something is wrong. This makes little sense.
Exactly the reason why I finally gave up. With no true updates or end in sight, it's not worth it. Granted things may be moving, but someone was updated that engines were already being built (as per PCNA) yet my call this morning said later this week (as per PCNA). I realize numerous people working in the building could reflect different responses, but at this point, an early morning e-mail should be sent to each individual handling GT3 issues that states the "DO and DON'T say this" of the day.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:36 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^
You're making way too much sense
Old 04-22-2014, 04:38 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 217 Posts

Is the new engine being produced now or still testing? Mike
Old 04-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
According to the most recent propaganda, they were to have started production today.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
According to the most recent propaganda, they were to have started production today.
The last e-mail we received said they would begin producing the new engines "the week of April 22nd". They didn't name a specific day.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
The last e-mail we received said they would begin producing the new engines "the week of April 22nd". They didn't name a specific day.
Agreed. I was told today that the production will begin "later this week" and that within 2-3 weeks, we will be contacted again with detailed logistics info on the dates of our individual engine swaps.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Agreed. I was told today that the production will begin "later this week" and that within 2-3 weeks, we will be contacted again with detailed logistics info on the dates of our individual engine swaps.
Tim, did they indicate who would do the install?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Engines being built? my best bet: not yet. Still problems - still testing.
Do they know when we will get our cars? --> NOT YET.

FRUSTRATING but harsh reality

Peter
Old 04-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Caution: The following is only speculation!

Originally Posted by YOCOHO
Last Friday I called and talked to my concierge rep as to when I would getting my car? They cancelled my 2014 and said it would be a 2015. I never had any communication from her until last Friday after I called her. She said she would look into my situation and would get back to me on Monday with some answers. Guess what did not happen. I called my sales rep he said he has not been able to re-enter my order because they PNA has not given him an allocation? I told that to my concierge rep she said when they cancelled your order and moved the build to a 2015 that is when my dealer could have re-entered my build nd got a new Comm No. So guess what he did last Friday and I received my 2015 Comm. No. Vehicle Status: V060 - Order demand created.
The above case illustrates what I believe will happen to all MY2014 gt3's from US customers that did not start production process to the point it the chassis got a VIN with letter E.

Originally Posted by RUF RS
...my car is still v260, originally scheduled for May 16'th delivery, it will (obviously) now be delayed. I have a VIN (with an 'E'), 2014, and the latest info still does not give a delivery date. The BEST GUESS...is late June/early July delivery now. My order/allocation has neither been cancelled nor pushed to model year 2015 with delivery September /October...I was also offered the 1 year warranty extension and $2000 per month for every month it is delayed from May 16'th.
The above case illustrates how PAG initially planned to handled all US customers '14 gt3 that were already assigned Vin #s with E. And these US customers, despite the delays, still wanted to proceed with delivery (vs cancel).

Then this situation unfortunately presented itself with the testing in Germany:

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Latest rumors here in Germany - I have heard last week at my dealer (southwest of Stuttgart) - that they have been surprised by the delay to build the motors. Start of building them should have happened approx. 2 weeks ago (several cars from the dealer already have been brought back to PAG some time ago) but got delayed again. Also other strong indications were given that this should have already happened!

Information was also that motors are still running more or less day and night on test stands at all possible locations PAG has (Weissach, Zuffenhausen) and are constantly tested. Seems that first results have been not as good as wished for which caused the extra delay.

More rumors say that the rod screws might not be the only problem of the engine and that they are also working on the issue of vibrations ……

Its rumors – I do not have a solid source for this stuff but I learned the hard way that most of the rumors around this case unfortunately became reality. I guess there is a reason why so many cars have been pushed to MY2015 …
Peter

Now, in order to be prudent in light of the litigious nature of this market and because of legitimate financial concerns, PAG perhaps has a slightly different plan of action for the US! And it is to try to get most American customers that ordered MY2014 gt3's, especially those that never actually received them, to voluntarily cancel their orders and let them order MY2015's, when they are available. There may be reasons for PAG not taking the unilateral action of just saying they can't deliver the vehicle to you (e.g. dealer's commission if you don't re-order a '15), but they might not mind one bit if you just cancel the order - the so-called buy-back option. The advantages for PAG, not PCNA, are numerous:

1) eliminates additional COSTLY compensation for US buyers.
2) may also reduced cost of extra year of warranty.
3) they can start cranking out MY2015 sooner without protest from the Americans!

By the way, these E vin gt3's will be sold in other ROW markets, probably at a higher profit margin to PAG that they sell them to PCNA here!

That is perhaps why increasingly you will see confusing messaging coming from PCNA re: your '14 gt3's, such as the following two posts:

Originally Posted by Clocked
Update on my GT3. The following is the email I received from Ian today wether my car was a 2014 or a 2015 after Mr. Tim Quinn told me I was not getting a 2014 and was pushed to a 2015...

Good morning Mr. xxxx

I escalated this question yesterday and received confirmation back that
your car is a 2014, one reason given is that it has a VIN #.

Thank you,

Ian Moon
GT3 Customer Concierge
Originally Posted by 991RDC
I think the biggest problem for Ian and the upper management at PCNA is that they made commitments to me and others, then after the last email we received they had to rescind those commitments as directed from PAG.
Could these so-called mixed signals be intentional? If so, Why? As more of you receive these vague answers and notices of delay deliveries of your MY2014 models into late summer & early fall of 2014, what will the majority of you choose to do? My guess: You will cancel. You will accept their 'buy-back'.

I am hopeful that we will soon hear enough facts from the Action Group of Captain Mojo and Macca to clarify the situation on the ground. I believe that group should have enough information to analyze a pattern of behavior on the part of PAG worldwide re: the gt3 issue as to make matters clear.

As long as the current gt3 engine testing is positive & the motor's issues resolved, I believe that PAG will start producing MY2015 gt3's in June of 2014. That is the date when MY2015 production starts for all other 991 models. I have been told by some of you that '15 gt3's will not built until all of your E Vin '14 gt3's are finished production - some in June, or July, or August, or even September & October. Only then, I was told in this forum, will the '15 gt3's start to be produced in the assembly line. I don't think this will be the case. And we should know soon enough if ROW '15 gt3's are scheduled for customers starting in June & beyond!

Perhaps from PAG point of view, if you eliminate deliveries of the unfinished '14 gt3's to American customers (by hook or....), you save on extra compensation, limit the extended warranty & possibly make same or more money by selling them in another market. And it lessens the liability for them re: 2014 gt3's in this litigious marketplace. PAG, not PCNA, might have decided that strategically this serves their interest BEST. Soon enough we will know the answer to these questions.

Caution. All of the above is pure speculation.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS RE: Why gt3's never left 'port' in the US after their arrival by boat:

Originally Posted by 0Q991
...and also this explains why cars at port never left port.
Originally Posted by lumber
They moved all the gt3 (mine included) next door into indoor storage. Not port...
Another reason to hold them at 'port', besides they are all together for a quick engine replacement, could be that they might NOT be officially 'imported' yet into the USA and 'import duties' are not yet been paid. If these '14 gt3's are eventually accepted by their original customer after this engine exchange saga ends, PAG saved money on cash flow by holding them in 'port' but not yet in the 'US'. If, on the other hand, these gt3's are cancelled by their US customers, it gives PAG a chance to ship them OUT to other markets without having ever to have paid import duties in the US, which would not been refundable in any case. Something to think about.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:03 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Called dealer.. Service manager said cars not being sent to port for engine swap as far as he knows.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Called dealer.. Service manager said cars not being sent to port for engine swap as far as he knows.
Of course we've heard lots of different things, but early on they were saying that port facilities weren't equipped to do engine swaps which is why dealers would be handling it. It's frustrating not to know but I expect none of this will be completely clear until people start getting specific information on when/where their cars are scheduled to be worked on.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:09 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Tim, did they indicate who would do the install?
I asked specifically, but no info...

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?