Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 06:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Many GT3s will need an engine change. Issues with the connecting rod bearing, it melts, symptom is some rattling noise.

Aamersa. Your mates name isn't Saeed is it LOL?

Seriously though this sounds very unlikely., One of our members here is today talking with the Porsche Service Manager in Dubai at the Dubai Carrera Cup competition about this subject and has promised to report here very shortly with the ACTUAL FACTS with regards to the cars in Dubai. I believe the three cars referred to are awaiting software updates from Porsche but we will know exactly what the FACTS are soon....

Im sorry but I trust no one any longer on these subjects other than my own PAG sources or those directly related to claims. Call me cynical but there have been a number of unsubatancialted rumpurs already on this board ove rthe last 6 monsth from teh German gu who said engines were melting at the hands of Journos (I think he had 4 posts to his name) to the Italian connection (6 posts all aboyt GT3 failing - why joining Rennlist just to tell us that?) and Saeed with his aftermarket ECU reflash engine melt down and now new non warranty engine (paid for not by Porsche but his own pocket!).

Seriously guys. There must be a thread out there taking the **** out of us. Hey go drop and email on that 991 GT3 Rennlist thread and tell them about the 7 cars we have that have faulty pyrotechnic seatbelt mechanisms.....LOL!

Hey, Im not saying theres not truth in any of this Im just saying I havent seen it yet and when I do then ok, houston, we have a problem....
Old 02-14-2014, 07:41 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

Hey, Im not saying theres not truth in any of this Im just saying I havent seen it yet and when I do then ok, houston, we have a problem....

I don't know anything about Saeed case. Just saw a few Gt3s at dealer service and asked "what's up?"

I believe there is already a letter in the works or on the way to customers so this will be out in the open shortly. Not raising alarm bells here. Existing owners will at most lose a few days of use while car is in shop for fix. And all cars may not be impacted. I would ask for compensation for the trouble like a free service or two.

In the meantime just drive the car as you would unless and until you find it exhibits any abnormal behavior.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aamersa
I don't know anything about Saeed case. Just saw a few Gt3s at dealer service and asked "what's up?"

I believe there is already a letter in the works or on the way to customers so this will be out in the open shortly. Not raising alarm bells here. Existing owners will at most lose a few days of use while car is in shop for fix. And all cars may not be impacted. I would ask for compensation for the trouble like a free service or two.

In the meantime just drive the car as you would unless and until you find it exhibits any abnormal behavior.
Sorry mate. Just calling it as I see it and right now Im calling BS.

First you say that its a main bearing failure and will need an engine change now you say a letter is being produced and some cars are affected but not all and that those that are will be without there cars for a few days?

Which story is it?

Im sorry but I and others have already delivered the news that the issue is related to an oil cooler bracket and bolt, that its runs in a recent production range only and that the dealers will be making the modifications before the cars are delivered to customers - that was about 3-4 pages back.

Im really not sure what your intended modus operandi was around here but lets try to keep it to facts as delivered by PAG employees or their direct representatives globally.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

...and for god sakes man change your Avatar!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:05 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Sorry mate. Just calling it as I see it and right now Im calling BS.

First you say that its a main bearing failure and will need an engine change now you say a letter is being produced and some cars are affected but not all and that those that are will be without there cars for a few days?

Which story is it?
That all cars may not be affected was merely my speculation, not something I was told.

But I have no motive or agenda here, so I'll just take back what I said and let's just wait for official notification, if that makes others more comfortable.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:06 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

...and for god sakes man change your Avatar!
That's my car on the delivery floor. What don't you like about it?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I heard about a day ago before it hit rennlist- " Porsche has told the dealers not to sell any more new GT-3s and the ones that have been built and shipped to the ports are being held there. Best guess is that have discovered a problem with the engines.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:20 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The stop sale is for cars sitting waiting for delivery. There is not a stop on new orders or production. I just received my documents yesterday for a May European delivery. That was confirmed by my dealer.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:22 AM
mhh
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone else care to make a wild guess?
Old 02-14-2014, 10:00 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I heard from a friend that knows a guy who has a Porsche. He said the fix is simple - it involves changing to non-combustible oil. 15 minutes at Jiffy Lube and you are on your way.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Aamersa. Your mates name isn't Saeed is it LOL?

Seriously though this sounds very unlikely., One of our members here is today talking with the Porsche Service Manager in Dubai at the Dubai Carrera Cup competition about this subject and has promised to report here very shortly with the ACTUAL FACTS with regards to the cars in Dubai. I believe the three cars referred to are awaiting software updates from Porsche but we will know exactly what the FACTS are soon....

Im sorry but I trust no one any longer on these subjects other than my own PAG sources or those directly related to claims. Call me cynical but there have been a number of unsubatancialted rumpurs already on this board ove rthe last 6 monsth from teh German gu who said engines were melting at the hands of Journos (I think he had 4 posts to his name) to the Italian connection (6 posts all aboyt GT3 failing - why joining Rennlist just to tell us that?) and Saeed with his aftermarket ECU reflash engine melt down and now new non warranty engine (paid for not by Porsche but his own pocket!).

Seriously guys. There must be a thread out there taking the **** out of us. Hey go drop and email on that 991 GT3 Rennlist thread and tell them about the 7 cars we have that have faulty pyrotechnic seatbelt mechanisms.....LOL!

Oh NO!! What vin are affected??
Old 02-14-2014, 10:36 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm waiting for word / info from members with direct connections to PAG. Conjecture at this point is not helpful. Suddenly, some out from left field comments about con rod failures have proliferated into our thread?! Come on...
Old 02-14-2014, 10:46 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I heard it was the pushrods
Old 02-14-2014, 11:16 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
I heard it was the pushrods
No, no, no .... The flux capacitor, but keep it on the down low.

Ryan
Old 02-14-2014, 11:22 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have factual information about the issue, from a highly trusted source that I promised not to reveal:
Some of the new cars are not coming with "shut up and drive" as previously planned and they need to get that retrofitted. Those cars got built with the inadvertently installed "holy $hit, this car is awesome, I can't shut up".

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?