Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 07:51 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

^ Not familiar with the track but I'm curious if anyone knows what he's eating?
Old 05-03-2015, 08:28 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bratwurst?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:03 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

...and he's sitting on the sides of the LWB's. I guess what the hell, not his car.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:00 AM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Track is Spa-Francorchamps (Eau Rouge is in the background).

WR is for sure eating a nice soup with sausage ;-)
Old 05-04-2015, 03:09 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Indeed. And WR is entitled to sit on the thigh bolsters of the LWB's if he wants to. He's earned that right.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
It probably won't go down in history as the most beatiful RS, but I have to say it looks a lot better live than in pics! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it 10 days ago in Shanghai. Can't wait to drive it!!!
Too true. These cars arent for looking at they are for driving (preferably on the track). Im sure its the bets fun yet.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 706 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Too true. These cars arent for looking at they are for driving (preferably on the track). Im sure its the bets fun yet.
Agreed. I also think paint and stitching color is of secondary importance for these types of cars. Looking forward to the reviews so we can move on from the PTS discussion.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:05 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
To my eye it looks way too busy in white. It would have to be a dark colour. There is too much contrasting bodywork trim going on. I think it's over designed. There was no need to put the creases in the roof and hood or make the rear engine in black with the brand stamped on it.

The biggest design failure IMO is the wheels. They have taken the original 991 GT3 wheel which surely must be one of the greatest wheel designs from PAG in the last 30 years and the have somewhat spoilt the surface area by making the CL now sit on a raiser flange which from any angle other than straight on looks odd to me and reduces the beauty of that element IMHO.

I'm sure it goes like stink tho :-)
It maybe the creases in the large flat roof and trunk panels are for rigidity in a panel they have tried to make as thin and light as possible.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:22 AM
alberthyc
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just realise that the 918 spyder magnesium wheel is exactly the same size as the GT3RS wheels and im very sure it will look very sexy on the RS. However, it costs $32,500. Crazy amount of money for 4 wheels.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by alberthyc
Just realise that the 918 spyder magnesium wheel is exactly the same size as the GT3RS wheels and im very sure it will look very sexy on the RS. However, it costs $32,500. Crazy amount of money for 4 wheels.
That would buy about 6 sets of different designs each of Forgline Wheels. I think I will stick with the Forgelines
Old 05-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Selvatico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally had some time today to make some tests..with the Lava Orange color. I bought in the past the original repair color kit, and since not enough to paint a big metal surface..I decided to replicate it, with one our supplier getting about half kg. to play with.The two colors are practically the same so I would say, good enough for a similar test.
We painted a metal sheet today and the results are very very nice. On the sun the color is amazing.Not a tomato feeling at all and just sometime , expecially inside the building, out of the sun exposure, some slight salmon feeling . But sure something you can live with.
Lot of red accent in this orange...let me say. I putted it close to the sample of an official KTM orange just to compare the two colors. Unfortunatley to reproduce and show to you what my eyes were looking , is not possible. So take this just as a funny test. But to me...it looks great and really a "live" color with lot of red accent inside .
Definitively a nice choice...even if it is not possible to show you the real accent sorry.I posted the pics just to show what I tried to do..because I really can't predict what your monitor will reproduce.What is important for me is that when I have seen the real car in Geneve I told myself...not for me. Now I could really change my opinion. Hope this helps.

inside a building no artificial light

compared to a KTM orange. Until yesterday we loved it (in our workshop), now simply it disappears compared to the Lava O.

how it looks into a Mac monitor

outside.Sun not at 100% unlucky

again outside, the two orange
Old 05-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Yannick-HST
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHardGT3RS
Track is Spa-Francorchamps (Eau Rouge is in the background).

WR is for sure eating a nice soup with sausage ;-)
Definetely not Spa... Definetely not Eau Rouge

It´s the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great work Selvatico. Thank you!
Old 05-05-2015, 01:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

I finally had some time today to make some tests..with the Lava Orange color. I bought in the past the original repair color kit, and since not enough to paint a big metal surface..I decided to replicate it, with one our supplier getting about half kg. to play with.The two colors are practically the same so I would say, good enough for a similar test.
We painted a metal sheet today and the results are very very nice. On the sun the color is amazing.Not a tomato feeling at all and just sometime , expecially inside the building, out of the sun exposure, some slight salmon feeling . But sure something you can live with.
Lot of red accent in this orange...let me say. I putted it close to the sample of an official KTM orange just to compare the two colors. Unfortunatley to reproduce and show to you what my eyes were looking , is not possible. So take this just as a funny test. But to me...it looks great and really a "live" color with lot of red accent inside .
Definitively a nice choice...even if it is not possible to show you the real accent sorry.I posted the pics just to show what I tried to do..because I really can't predict what your monitor will reproduce.What is important for me is that when I have seen the real car in Geneve I told myself...not for me. Now I could really change my opinion. Hope this helps.
Thank you, helps me confirm I really don't like it. I'll take the KTM orange
Old 05-05-2015, 01:49 PM
cbweaver1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yannick-HST
Definetely not Spa... Definetely not Eau Rouge

It´s the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria.
Correct. A tech from my P car dealer was at the event providing support. He said Walter's RS blew its left rear tire and was out for the rest of the event b/c there was no spare available. Don't know which turn but he told me the in car track software registered 2 G's when it went.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread