Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 06:50 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
Hi guys..

Just came back from the dealer.. I'm getting my car on week 34 (around mid august), it's a JULY build..
Congrats!

Just heard from a reliable source:

-boxter spyder in the works
-production cycle for the RS is 4 months and MY2016 only as Eduardo mentioned somewhere..
-There won't be a next gen 991.2 RS.. Forgot to ask about the 991.2 GT3..

Speculation as usual, just like the first 450 pages of this thread
Speculation, indeed. I consider this an impossibility if Porsche intends to remain competitive against Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren.

Also, there's no way Production for the 991.1 GT3 RS is 4 months. There are June through December builds already reported on here, that's 6 months.

One model year, MY2016 only, is completely believable, which basically means there will be no more than one other round of allocs for Jan-Feb-March builds (with deliveries ending some time in April / early May, depending on shipping time).
Old 03-30-2015, 08:11 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Congrats!

Speculation, indeed. I consider this an impossibility if Porsche intends to remain competitive against Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren.

Also, there's no way Production for the 991.1 GT3 RS is 4 months. There are June through December builds already reported on here, that's 6 months.

One model year, MY2016 only, is completely believable, which basically means there will be no more than one other round of allocs for Jan-Feb-March builds (with deliveries ending some time in April / early May, depending on shipping time).
Thank you!

Yes possibly u're right! We will see soon enough.

Karim
Old 03-30-2015, 11:21 AM
aboodchy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Well... We all have our small problems - don't we?

Congratulations!
Thanks bro

Hi guys..

Just came back from the dealer.. I'm getting my car on week 34 (around mid august), it's a JULY build..

Just heard from a reliable source:

-boxter spyder in the works
-production cycle for the RS is 4 months and MY2016 only as Eduardo mentioned somewhere..
-There won't be a next gen 991.2 RS.. Forgot to ask about the 991.2 GT3..

Speculation as usual, just like the first 450 pages of this thread

Karim
Awesome man! Congrats. Mine is September production though but the showroom should have a car before mine arrives so I can touch it and sit in it and weep sorrowfully as I wait for mine to arrive

Originally Posted by pmpsch
Looks like all of us Dubai folks have gotten our allocations!
Sadly not true! My friend put a deposit on March 2nd before the actual reveal and his SA has yet to call him. Needless to say, he likes me a little bit less now
Old 03-30-2015, 11:27 AM
aboodchy
Instructor

My build is:
Ultraviolet
Light Grey inserts and black seats (trying to get purple stitching as an option)
Black wheels
ceramics
lift
lightweight battery
90l fuel tank
6 point harness
automatic dimming mirror
alcantara sun visors
aluminium wheel pedals
black leds
audio system cdr plus
painted air vents
smoking package
personalised floor matts
vehicle key painted

and that's it...

The dealer said PTS probably won't be offered for this market and only for the US. But he said he'll ask and get back to me. Also inquired if the uprights could be made in black instead of that ghastly aluminium shade; does anyone know if it could?

oh and I also inquired if the roll cage could be painted in purple as well
Old 03-30-2015, 11:40 AM
pmpsch
Instructor

Mabrook! Congrats
Old 03-30-2015, 01:00 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aboodchy
My build is:
Ultraviolet
Light Grey inserts and black seats (trying to get purple stitching as an option)
Black wheels
ceramics
lift
lightweight battery
90l fuel tank
6 point harness
automatic dimming mirror
alcantara sun visors
aluminium wheel pedals
black leds
audio system cdr plus
painted air vents
smoking package
personalised floor matts
vehicle key painted

and that's it...

The dealer said PTS probably won't be offered for this market and only for the US. But he said he'll ask and get back to me. Also inquired if the uprights could be made in black instead of that ghastly aluminium shade; does anyone know if it could?

oh and I also inquired if the roll cage could be painted in purple as well
Thanks!!
Mabrouk to you aswell!

Karim
Old 03-30-2015, 01:16 PM
MoeGt3
Racer

One thing I do know that they will be the only dealership in the world to get the most amount of allocations for the RS . I do have the confirmed number but unfortunately cannot share the info.

Originally Posted by pmpsch
Looks like all of us Dubai folks have gotten our allocations!
Old 03-30-2015, 01:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 763 Posts

I will get an answer on my PTS request late April according to an e-mail received this morning from Porsche Exclusive, but I'm also signed up and booked my tickets for European delivery September 18th.

If the window opens in April for PTS that delivery date may change and I'll be renting a car in September.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:38 PM
rsman
Instructor

Default PTS

Trakcar, if not confidential, which pts color are you requesting?
Old 03-30-2015, 01:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 763 Posts

I've asked for a pre-approved list.
Orange Blue or Green but also thinking other crazy thoughts.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:02 PM
rsman
Instructor

All good choices, and understand some of the other crazy thoughts , although perhaps not so crazy but rather potentially a little risky but may prove to be smart!!
Old 03-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Joe731
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default V200

My status just went V200, which means I have a build and delivery timeline. my build is beginning of September and my Port date (into Rhode Island) is October 30th.

Just in time for winter here in lovely NY. Actually, I am not that upset about getting it then. That will give me all winter to sort out prepping it for the track. Stuff like Expel, extra wheels and tires, pads and fluids, Roll bar and 6-point, suspension tuning, traqmate install, etc.

All of that said, I may have to make a Fall run to VIR or someplace a little warmer just to bring a full smile to my face
Old 03-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Joe731
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Auto Show

Oh, one other thing. I am going to the PCA breakfast at the NYC Auto Show this Friday morning.

I suspect/hope they will have a GT3RS there in person. If they do, any special requests on photos or details?
Old 03-30-2015, 05:18 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
If the window opens in April for PTS that delivery date may change and I'll be renting a car in September.
Here's what I just received from PCNA, forwarded by my dealer. It's suggests the window will open up by the end of April. It also confirms what Eduardo and others have mentioned about the testing.

The interesting aspect, IMO, is the speculative build process by batch of colors. This might lead to a change in allocation timelines. We all knew this but this could imply also accelerated build for some colors.

"Still no updates on color availability and timing of orders. I expect to have feedback at the earliest late April (as they are retesting colors on the car). It's not that PTS will add 6 months to the build though. Basically what will probably happen is that they will lump colors together, so they may paint all of the Black ones in August, all of the Riviera Blue ones in September, etc etc etc. This is just my guess. In that case, we will internally handle the re-allocations to accommodate."
Old 03-30-2015, 05:19 PM
MoeGt3
Racer

Joey please try and get us a picture of the Lava Orange. I have seen so many different shades of this colour that I cannot tell how it really looks like See if they have the Ultraviolet paint sample at the stand also. Thanks

Originally Posted by Joe731
Oh, one other thing. I am going to the PCA breakfast at the NYC Auto Show this Friday morning.

I suspect/hope they will have a GT3RS there in person. If they do, any special requests on photos or details?

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread