Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 12:38 PM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was pretty excited for lava when the car was released but I'm starting to waffle. It's due to a combination of only seeing the RS in lava (mostly) and the color poll showing lava as the most popular color. As a result, I'm leaning very heavily towards another white one.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:42 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.... am I the only one pining away awaiting for some 1st hand mag reviews and comparison reviews? We need to see the RS head-to-head with the Speciale, even if its a factory-prepped car accompanied by a team of Ferrari engineers ... also throw in the 650S and the Hurracan.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:44 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
.... am I the only one pining away awaiting for some 1st hand mag reviews and comparison reviews? We need to see the RS head-to-head with the Speciale, even if its a factory-prepped car accompanied by a team of Ferrari engineers ... also throw in the 650S and the Hurracan.
And the 991 GT3
Old 03-17-2015, 02:51 PM
the-missile
Racer

Originally Posted by RossL
And the 991 GT3

No PTS at the moment, strange colors offered, it has to be well above the GT3 to give me the power to spec one and I am sure it is not
Old 03-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Dan39
Racer

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
We've already seen the GT3 against the Speciale and the 650S. Autocar ranked it ahead of the latter and behind the former. In terms of performance, all three are very similar, with the GT3 slightly slower. The RS is going to be marginally sharper and faster than the GT3 - it's not hard to predict what the tests/reviews will say...

Against the Huracan - who cares? Is anyone really cross-shopping a track special versus an understeering, street-poser?
Old 03-17-2015, 03:18 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by amerifrikaner
Received the photo from my dealer...leaning UV, but boy, the LO also speaks to me. Sounds like PTS will be available for 2016 deliveries GT3 RS color panels
It's confirmed that AP worked for Fedex before he moved to PAG!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:28 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lava looks great. If you view the color patches through Internet explorer, it looks washed out and unappealing. Viewing through a color managed browser like safari, the color is rich. I am even leaning toward MF interior for the lava cushion bits. All the other interior color choices are boring with no colored stitching offered other than GT Silver.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:38 PM
jumpstone
Intermediate

What would u suggest: is it worth taking the led lights for a racecar like the gt3rs or not? Its a big price difference compared to xenon and i do not know if it is worth taking... Thx for answers and maybe u tell me what u take?! Thx
Old 03-17-2015, 03:41 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jumpstone
What would u suggest: is it worth taking the led lights for a racecar like the gt3rs or not? Its a big price difference compared to xenon and i do not know if it is worth taking... Thx for answers and maybe u tell me what u take?! Thx
Led's may look cooler than Xenon, but the black version of xenon has more black from what I can tell. I am in the fence between the two.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:55 PM
the-missile
Racer

Originally Posted by rockitman
Led's may look cooler than Xenon, but the black version of xenon has more black from what I can tell. I am in the fence between the two.

Black LEDs will look awesome without a doubt if they follow the colour scheme seen on the panamera.

they look much more sophisticated than the Xenons, expansive option but really worth it IMHO.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:10 PM
plasticsdoc
Advanced

I got a call today from two of my dealers for RS slot number one on list seems like the dates are september and november builds. Any thoughts on which might be better to go with and why, other than the obvious of getting the car sooner. I asked about paint to sample and they said no. I wonder if they would both be MY 2016? I also asked about number of allocations for US and the thought was 600 including 300 for the VP 918, the thought was very hard to get, i don't know any help appreciated.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:13 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by plasticsdoc
I got a call today from two of my dealers for RS slot number one on list seems like the dates are september and november builds. Any thoughts on which might be better to go with and why, other than the obvious of getting the car sooner. I asked about paint to sample and they said no. I wonder if they would both be MY 2016? I also asked about number of allocations for US and the thought was 600 including 300 for the VP 918, the thought was very hard to get, i don't know any help appreciated.
Congrats!

The official answer for PTS is No right now. That could change soon, or later, or never. Lots of us are applying pressure on PCNA / PAG to open up PTS for both the 991.1 GT3 RS and the 981.1 Cayman GT4.

If it was me, and I can only speak for myself, I'd take the later slot just because it gives more time for this change to take place. It'd be annoying if I had just gotten one in non-PTS, only to find that if I waited a month or two longer, I'd have gotten PTS. Granted, I'd rather have the car than no car at all... So it's all about balancing your risk tolerance.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:17 PM
mdkim
Racer

Originally Posted by Dan39
Against the Huracan - who cares? Is anyone really cross-shopping a track special versus an understeering, street-poser?
Be careful or Lambo may ban you

Originally Posted by plasticsdoc
Lucky dog! I was notified that I did not get an allocation today. I'd grab the car now but I'm an impatient bastard.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:19 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mdkim
Lucky dog! I was notified that I did not get an allocation today. I'd grab the car now but I'm an impatient bastard.
There is no way PCNA/PAG is done dishing out allocs. This happens every single year for every single limited production Porsche. Yet we all keep worrying.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:24 PM
mdkim
Racer

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
There is no way PCNA/PAG is done dishing out allocs. This happens every single year for every single limited production Porsche. Yet we all keep worrying.
Agree. I recall my near hysteria in August '14 when I thought I couldn't land a GT3 allocation.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread