Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:34 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,217 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
Hi!

More pictures from geneva.. You've probably seen tons already, but more won't hurt!

What we noticed was that this faded orange, that shows in many pictures like in the pictures below, is caused by the camera. If u actually look at the car from the same angle, you don't see any of this..

As WazRS mentioned before, the color is like in this picture:

And it gets as light as this depending on the angle:

Similar situation with normal guards red. It shows as orange on photos sometimes, but never in real life.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:54 PM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I am hearing in Germany that initial delivery dates get postponed by about 3 months?!?

So far no news from my Porsche Center in this direction for me, but has anyone received such bad news?

Any reasons mentioned for the delays?

I hope it is only wrong rumor but guys in Germany have had their delivery date moved from June to September.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:45 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHardGT3RS
I am hearing in Germany that initial delivery dates get postponed by about 3 months?!?

So far no news from my Porsche Center in this direction for me, but has anyone received such bad news?

I hope it is only wrong rumor but guys in Germany have had their delivery date moved from June to September.
That makes sense as one forum poster who got a first dibs allocation via 918 purchase has an early Oct. delivery date...that is late.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:59 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I went to configure my RS for the umpteenth time and noted the 0-60 time was listed as TBA. I thought they listed a time before, no? If they didn't, never mind but if they did and now it's gone, why??http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-gt3-rs/

EDIT: torque is now TBA as well!!
EDIT 2: measurements TBA. They're up to something...
Old 03-13-2015, 08:19 PM
Notmelo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thoughts on various choices of interiors and 918 seats? Do they make space behind the seats useless, with no ability to tip forward?
Old 03-13-2015, 08:19 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I went to configure my RS for the umpteenth time and noted the 0-60 time was listed as TBA. I thought they listed a time before, no? If they didn't, never mind but if they did and now it's gone, why??http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-gt3-rs/

EDIT: torque is now TBA as well!!
EDIT 2: measurements TBA. They're up to something...
More power
Old 03-13-2015, 09:33 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly I feel its derived more from guards red than orange.. It has a touch of ''brick'' in it.. Its light red that has tendency to turn into dark orange.. I hope i'm clear enough but I do admit that the color is very intriguing..
When you see it live it will grow on you, it's very special..

I'm going back again tomorrow.. Although is stared at it for hours, I'll have a better look at it again..

Karim

Could you please ask if/when the public will see the colour UV?
Old 03-13-2015, 11:01 PM
Ajimoto214
Instructor

Originally Posted by gt3rscr250m
Hey Guys - I'm curious if any of you have gotten a definitive answer on the PTS question from your dealer and how it will impact delivery time wise ? I asked my salesman through an e-mail on Monday and have heard nothing back . I know there is the possibility the dealer will say I'm risking losing my spot which I'd cave on and take one of the standard colors , but I'd love to hear what others are being told . My ''place holder '' build with the Porsche code number was in Lava , but I know I'm not held to it .
Spoke w/ my dealer. Thinks possibly Mexico Blue, but may only receive PTS in 2nd generation. Would look HOT!!! Think 4 colors offered will be sold before PTS becomes available.
Anyone else have more current feedback on PTS?

Attachment 919092

Attachment 919093

Last edited by Ajimoto214; 09-26-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:18 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Notmelo
Thoughts on various choices of interiors and 918 seats? Do they make space behind the seats useless, with no ability to tip forward?
The 918-type sport bucket seat only slides forward and backwards...plus it's height is electrically adjustable. It doesn't fold forward to access the rear area like the gt2-type sport bucket seat in the US 997 generation!

But the space behind the seats on a gt3 or gt2 RS is NOT totally useless. The seat slides forward far enough that you can slide soft luggage back there. And if you are lithe & supple, you might be able to get back there to clean the inside of your rear window too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-14-2015, 01:21 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Honestly I feel its derived more from guards red than orange.. It has a touch of ''brick'' in it.. Its light red that has tendency to turn into dark orange.. I hope i'm clear enough but I do admit that the color is very intriguing..
When you see it live it will grow on you, it's very special..

I'm going back again tomorrow.. Although is stared at it for hours, I'll have a better look at it again..

Karim
Karim,
thanks for your on-site input! I am encouraged by your comments that the Lava color has some red tone...not salmon.
Do the darken front running lights match the dark headlights (which look like LEDs)? I am trying to decide if dark/black headlights are a must have option.
Your input would be appreciated
Old 03-14-2015, 02:13 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
The 918-type sport bucket seat only slides forward and backwards...plus it's height is electrically adjustable. It doesn't fold forward to access the rear area like the gt2-type sport bucket seat in the US 997 generation!

But the space behind the seats on a gt3 or gt2 RS is NOT totally useless. The seat slides forward far enough that you can slide soft luggage back there. And if you are lithe & supple, you might be able to get back there to clean the inside of your rear window too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Lucky I am Supple ..............
Old 03-14-2015, 04:31 AM
aboodchy
Instructor

Guys, the GT4 in this review, is it Lava Orange? It seems pretty orangey in some shots and when the sun is at the back of the car, turns kinda Gaurds Red.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:32 AM
aboodchy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ajimoto214
Spoke w/ my dealer. Thinks possibly Mexico Blue, but may only receive PTS in 2nd generation. Would look HOT!!! Think 4 colors offered will be sold before PTS becomes available.
Anyone else have more current feedback on PTS?

Attachment 919092

Attachment 919093
The 4.0 is Voodoo Blue not Mexico Blue. I wrapped my Turbo S in it. Will post photos later. It is a darker richer blue than Mexico. I call it Smurf Blue
Old 03-14-2015, 05:11 AM
aboodchy
Instructor

Here is Harry taking a bashing at Lava Orange and the looks of the the RS lol

Old 03-14-2015, 07:42 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHardGT3RS

Originally Posted by rockitman
That makes sense as one forum poster who got a first dibs allocation via 918 purchase has an early Oct. delivery date...that is late.
That's pretty much a bummer. I have a feeling that Euro Delivery was going to be popular with this car. But if it's delayed a few months, we're talking about deliveries getting into the rainy season. I know that many people would want to Euro Deliver this car so they could drive it on the Nurburgring. But they wont want to drive it in the wet and the Ring may not even be open for others who are not among the first deliveries. That's a shame.

Originally Posted by rockitman
More power
Let's keep our fingers crossed

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread