Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys - I'm curious if any of you have gotten a definitive answer on the PTS question from your dealer and how it will impact delivery time wise ? I asked my salesman through an e-mail on Monday and have heard nothing back . I know there is the possibility the dealer will say I'm risking losing my spot which I'd cave on and take one of the standard colors , but I'd love to hear what others are being told . My ''place holder '' build with the Porsche code number was in Lava , but I know I'm not held to it .
Old 03-12-2015, 01:25 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3rscr250m
Hey Guys - I'm curious if any of you have gotten a definitive answer on the PTS question from your dealer and how it will impact delivery time wise ? I asked my salesman through an e-mail on Monday and have heard nothing back . I know there is the possibility the dealer will say I'm risking losing my spot which I'd cave on and take one of the standard colors , but I'd love to hear what others are being told . My ''place holder '' build with the Porsche code number was in Lava , but I know I'm not held to it .
Last I heard was that they were working with the Porsche Exclusive design team on my car. I'm not bugging them as they said they'll keep me updated on progress.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:34 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Thanks Nate - I gave him Signal Yellow as a first choice and Maritime Blue as a second choice - I know both have been approved . I wonder if the dealer starts to be reluctant to order a PTS car if it shifts their profit out into the future ? Do they require a larger deposit once the build is confirmed on a PTS car ?
Old 03-12-2015, 01:42 PM
WazRS
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Here's my Build!

Hi Everyone,,

I'm writing this while in transit to Geneva..
Any special requests while I'm there please let me know!

Here's my build:

Order no. 991850 911 GT3 RS

Individualisation
  • Exterior Colour H2 Lava Orange
  • Interior Colour 49 Leather interior in Black / Lava Orange
  • SportDesign exterior mirror lower trims painted in Black (high-gloss)
  • LED main headlights in black including PorscheDynamic Light System (PDLS)
  • Taillights with clear glass look
  • Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) USD
  • Lifting system front axle
  • Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App and preparation for laptrigger
  • Wheels painted in satin Black
  • Seats belts in Lava Orange
  • Roll cage in Lava Orange
  • Steering wheel rim and gear lever in Black smooth leather
  • Full Bucket Seats
  • Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
  • Audio / Comm. 666 Telephone module
  • Audio system CDR Plus (incl. Sound Package Plus)

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...px?c=/PG8K1DV9

I guess it's as complete as can be! No.2 and the most modded on the list of eight Rs's that are coming to Beirut, Lebanon..

Sending Pictures soon!

Wael
Old 03-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Gnil
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do lurk around here very seldom , but a lot lately because of my order of an RS .
As I have taken a pic form here , I am happy to give back with this post .
I hope it is not a repost ...

Old 03-12-2015, 01:54 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Thanks Nate - I gave him Signal Yellow as a first choice and Maritime Blue as a second choice - I know both have been approved . I wonder if the dealer starts to be reluctant to order a PTS car if it shifts their profit out into the future ? Do they require a larger deposit once the build is confirmed on a PTS car ?
I think that depends on the dealer - mine is happy to try to do it if they can. I'm also ok with a larger deposit if they ask, but I doubt they will as it's refundable in NY and they probably feel very good about selling a PTS RS.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Dealer didn't ask for anything additional when the build code was entered , but figured they'd want something additional on the formal order . Here in CT I know the deposit I had down well in advance would be refundable , but not sure on a special order car - that's why I won't risk the Lava w/o seeing it before ordering .
Regards,
Bryan
Old 03-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I think that depends on the dealer - mine is happy to try to do it if they can. I'm also ok with a larger deposit if they ask, but I doubt they will as it's refundable in NY and they probably feel very good about selling a PTS RS.
I would agree with Nate...as long as the PTS color in question is not a Mary Kay 'Pink'!

A new PTS 'Signal Yellow' 991 gt3 just arrived for delivery to its customer at a Northern Colorado dealer. 'Signal Yellow' is one of my favorites colors but it's difficult to photograph vs what your eyes sees in person. It is a solid paint, not a metallic. But it tends to play with the sunlight at certain angles.

By the way, the thread started yesterday by the new owner of the just arrived 'Riviera Blue' 991 gt3 above was first 'closed' after just two pages of postings and then today has mysteriously disappeared altogether from our gt3 forum. Does anyone know why?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-12-2015, 02:37 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by Gnil
I do lurk around here very seldom , but a lot lately because of my order of an RS .

Does anyone know from where i can order one??
Old 03-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Thanks Eduardo for confirmation on the Signal Yellow car in the background of that photo - had wondered if it was SY when I saw it the first time . I think all the vintage colors look slightly different in their modern formulations - see in it Maritime Blue as well as the Signal Yellow .
Bryan
Old 03-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
build is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGK6FU36

Commission # in hand!

Now the waiting game begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wholy **** i cant believe i actually got a slot! Is this really happening!?
Something is really missing --> the white cage

Would you do it if you could???

Peter
Old 03-12-2015, 02:55 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

oh it will be there! They just dont let us "American Idiots" spec it from the get-go. We have to install them after we take delivery on our own so we dont sue America basically.
I also think orange would fit in better with your interior color scheme, no?
Old 03-12-2015, 03:21 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

i mean it wouldn't be an issue except it would be the only orange on the car anywhere. White to match exterior, yellow to match the brakes, or a special blue to go with my new theme....................hmmmmmmmmmm what could that be?? White and blue? hmmmmmmm
I think that's awesome - this sort of blue?

Old 03-12-2015, 03:25 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Gnil

Glad to see you posting over here Gnil! My screen name is DaveC over at Rennteam. It's good to visit both sites, some very different perspectives.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:28 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Anyone know where the sat radio antenna is mounted this time? I'm probably skipping it again, unless it's 100% invisible.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread