Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 04:41 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus
Maybe this is just another "leak" of information.
+100
Old 01-07-2015, 04:42 PM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin1244
Sorry to disagree so strongly, but there is no way the 3 RS would be turboed. First of all, it would be a marketing and sales disaster for the model. Second, Porsche will continue making NA engines in its high end performance cars. If 918 is any indication of future Porsche DNA, it has a NA high performance engine aided by emotors for efficiency boost, not turbos. Third, Porsche will continue to distinguish itself from Ferrari by not going to Turbos; which would you buy, a turboed Speciale or a NA 3 RS? Fourth, the only reason turbo vents are used in 3 RS is to provide better intake as the vents over engine lid are eliminated and also further enhance cooling while using the wider rear of a turbo. I am willing to bet there are no turbos in that engine. Porsche, please, please don't prove me wrong, otherwise I would fully subscribe to the idea of buying a Speciale!
Not saying the 3RS will be turbo'd - was saying could be two cars - a NA 3RS and a 2RS.

Agree totally it would be a marketing disaster if 3RS went turbo.

If you do get a Speciale - get this version, cause the next one will be turbo
Old 01-07-2015, 04:55 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Is that the 'Lava Orange' color in the flesh, or just a primer? Can't wait to see the other colors! Maybe this is just another "leak" of information.
Here is a 918 I posted in the thread a while back that I thought might be the launch color. This was a 100% custom PTS color that the owner had the factory test full feasibility etc on so it had no color code.

But the two look almost identical...

Old 01-07-2015, 06:32 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe it's the part they used to test the color, and it was just a scrap they had around?
Old 01-07-2015, 07:00 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
Maybe it's the part they used to test the color, and it was just a scrap they had around?
Could well be, the 918 had the exact same pink tint to it that you can see on the GT3 bumper that was posted for sale. Lava orange looks much deeper and more Red than pink.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:14 PM
mateush
Track Day

Originally Posted by LitRbl
Found the ad. It is for sale here:

http://allegro.pl/porsche-991-gt3-rs...82337482.html#

The guy also has an RS lip for sale. The pic is not clear though it has a part number.
Exactly this is the place I found it.

I'll try to ask where he got it... Maybe he has also the rest of the car
Old 01-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Here is a 918 I posted in the thread a while back that I thought might be the launch color. This was a 100% custom PTS color that the owner had the factory test full feasibility etc on so it had no color code.

But the two look almost identical...

That is the exact post I was thinking about when I first saw the picture of the bumper! Yeah, they look nearly identical if you account for the differences in lighting.

I wonder what other RS parts Porsche has...misplaced.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:25 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That is the exact post I was thinking about when I first saw the picture of the bumper! Yeah, they look nearly identical if you account for the differences in lighting.

I wonder what other RS parts Porsche has...misplaced.
Looks like a Ford Thunderbird color from the 1950's... :-0
Old 01-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not fond of the lighter orange colors - that has a rosy look to it . I got worried when those mules were photographed in CA and the orange door jamb looked much lighter than the scale model . Waiting on the purple hue . Would love PTS , but don't expect it .
Old 01-08-2015, 05:49 AM
LitRbl
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the Minichamps car has a darker Orange. But then the Minichamps 991 GT3 in Guards Red is darker than the real Guards Red colour too... I guess Minichamps do not have to use the same paint mix

That Orange 918 does not look as nice as the other 918 colours I've seen...
Old 01-08-2015, 04:13 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by LitRbl
Yes the Minichamps car has a darker Orange. But then the Minichamps 991 GT3 in Guards Red is darker than the real Guards Red colour too... I guess Minichamps do not have to use the same paint mix

That Orange 918 does not look as nice as the other 918 colours I've seen...
The 918 looks better in that picture than in person under bright lighting, it's very close to those bumper pictures. I won't order it if it turns out to be the same color for the RS....
Old 01-08-2015, 07:28 PM
HGM 10
Advanced

Hey guys im in the dilema of switching my 2014 991 GT3 for the RS, my dealer in Mexico toll me they are indeed going to receive RS's but the owners owning the 918 will have priority, my agent toll me i really have the chance on getting one but im in the middle, help me decide, i do not DD my 991 gt3, i really love it, it's the best car out there, and i dont to regret the decision moving to the RS and arguing later that this car is way too stiff or this or that..... Hope you can help me decide.
Safe drive out there.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:08 PM
absent
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HGM 10
Hey guys im in the dilema of switching my 2014 991 GT3 for the RS, my dealer in Mexico toll me they are indeed going to receive RS's but the owners owning the 918 will have priority, my agent toll me i really have the chance on getting one but im in the middle, help me decide, i do not DD my 991 gt3, i really love it, it's the best car out there, and i dont to regret the decision moving to the RS and arguing later that this car is way too stiff or this or that..... Hope you can help me decide.
Safe drive out there.
You just answered your own question when you mentioned the car is not your DD.
Get the RS and never look back.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:26 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HGM 10
Safe drive out there.
Seems to me your decision day is many months from now, when and if you have a GT3RS confirmed delivery date. Until then, keep the GT3. After then, decide if you want to keep them both, or sell the GT3. Until then, I'm undecided as well, but selling my GT3 is not in my plans and may not ever be in them. I just love this car too much to contemplate selling it. It is indeed a game-changer, and those very
special cars come along VERY infrequently.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:50 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

My new winglets just arrived. carbon weave looks good, it's done in a matte finish. as a bonus they included a Blow-Pop to chew on while you install it.

and on other GREAT news, my car just got off the Florida Highway ship in Houston, and was released for delivery, dealer told me it will probably be in Dallas tomorrow or Sunday. Having a few prep things done (tint, clear bra, porsche stripe, and painting the 3.8 on the wing guards red to match the brakes).

here are some shots of the winglets:
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread