Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:38 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 70 Posts

Ah, my favorite kind of thread, dogs and GT3s...

Old 10-22-2014, 02:11 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,664 Likes on 2,330 Posts

it appears that it's time for me to get a dog.
so, what's a good dog for newbie?
lab?
golden retriever comes to mind.

like pug and sharpei but was told they are really stubborn to train....
Old 10-22-2014, 02:20 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it appears that it's time for me to get a dog.
so, what's a good dog for newbie?
lab?
golden retriever comes to mind.

like pug and sharpei but was told they are really stubborn to train....
Start small. Here's Stuart taking in the sun. He's allowed in the S, but not the RS - too many lateral Gs.

Vivian.
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2014, 02:25 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

stuart doesn't look small. am i missing something?
i did have 2 german shepherds growing up. but my dad took care of them. i thought they were little horses. i rode them a lot. i was 4 or 5yo.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:29 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My germans

My shadows
Attached Images   
Old 10-22-2014, 02:49 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

stuart doesn't look small. am i missing something?
i did have 2 german shepherds growing up. but my dad took care of them. i thought they were little horses. i rode them a lot. i was 4 or 5yo.
Perspective; small dog in foreground. Stuart's only 18lbs. German Shepherds are proper dogs. Stu's just a wee gob****e, but he's fun to have around and easy to transport.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:52 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Mooty if you get a dog you need low maintenance. Lab/Golden are not it! :-)

No dogs in my house, shop's dog, doing QC of welder's fab work. She's not impressed. LOL.
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2014, 03:04 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Mooty if you get a dog you need low maintenance. Lab/Golden are not it! :-)

i thought they are working dogs and easy. guess not
i think i just buy collar and leash for max.

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Perspective; small dog in foreground. Stuart's only 18lbs. German Shepherds are proper dogs. Stu's just a wee gob****e, but he's fun to have around and easy to transport.
wow 18 lbs.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:24 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

i thought they are working dogs and easy. guess not
We've had both Labs and Goldens. They do need exercise and because they're bright they want/need training and attention. But they are great family dogs and companions. My wife is the dog expert....

Last edited by Mike in CA; 10-22-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:34 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Moot, just make sure you (or who ever will be training the dog) has enough time, patience and discipline to go through the training. Had a lab, didn't know how to train him and things got out of hand quickly... I had to replace my carpet, my couch, seat and patch up some of the dry wall LOL!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:53 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Name:  IMG_1657.JPG
Views: 625
Size:  247.5 KB

Crazy 1 and Crazy 2. Loveable, but just a little quirky.
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Reza
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Border Collies all my life. Provided you give them the right environment, hard to find a more intelligent, obedient companion
Old 10-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

PORSCHE INTRODUCES PHEK
Zuffenhausen
October 22 2014

Matthias Muller, CEO of Porsche AG today announced a revolutionary advance in energy efficiency.

"Porsche is dedicated to bringing the highest performance vehicles to our customers" said Mr Muller, "but at the same time we recognize the increasing need to produce the most energy efficient vehicles in recognition of new regulations and customer demand".

"Today we introduce PorscheHundEnergieKoncept, which will first be available in the 991 GT3RS. PHEK utilizes the unused space normally occupied by the rear seats by installing a specially designed roll cage. Not just a roll cage, but an integrated dog cage. The floor of the cage has a belt on which the dog runs, and the cage incorporates a small screen showing cats which the dog chases. (videos of other animals available at extra cost.)

The energy generated by the dog is channelled into a small battery which provides auxiliary power to the steering. At this stage we feel that the technology is not yet sufficiently advanced to provide extra HP to the RS,so this is our first step, indeed a first step for the industry.

Given the sporting nature of the GT3RS, VAG Chairman Dr. Ferdinand Piech was concerned at any dilution in the rawness of the RS. " No PHEKing Porsche should run like a dog", he remarked

Qualified buyers will need a sufficiently sized dogs, (dealer inspection required), or alternatively a limited run of PDs ( Porsche Dobermans) can be supplied, and the car can be painted to match the dog.

There are plans for a more completely powered vehicle using this technology. It will be called the Porsche Canine.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ronan. Bloody Brilliant :-)
Old 10-22-2014, 10:02 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
PORSCHE INTRODUCES PHEK
Zuffenhausen
October 22 2014

Matthias Muller, CEO of Porsche AG today announced a revolutionary advance in energy efficiency.

"Porsche is dedicated to bringing the highest performance vehicles to our customers" said Mr Muller, "but at the same time we recognize the increasing need to produce the most energy efficient vehicles in recognition of new regulations and customer demand".

"Today we introduce PorscheHundEnergieKoncept, which will first be available in the 991 GT3RS. PHEK utilizes the unused space normally occupied by the rear seats by installing a specially designed roll cage. Not just a roll cage, but an integrated dog cage. The floor of the cage has a belt on which the dog runs, and the cage incorporates a small screen showing cats which the dog chases. (videos of other animals available at extra cost.)

The energy generated by the dog is channelled into a small battery which provides auxiliary power to the steering. At this stage we feel that the technology is not yet sufficiently advanced to provide extra HP to the RS,so this is our first step, indeed a first step for the industry.

Given the sporting nature of the GT3RS, VAG Chairman Dr. Ferdinand Piech was concerned at any dilution in the rawness of the RS. " No PHEKing Porsche should run like a dog", he remarked

Qualified buyers will need a sufficiently sized dogs, (dealer inspection required), or alternatively a limited run of PDs ( Porsche Dobermans) can be supplied, and the car can be painted to match the dog.

There are plans for a more completely powered vehicle using this technology. It will be called the Porsche Canine.
Post of the year!

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread