Sponsored by:

First Real World Owners Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 06:40 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 378 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Because you San Francisco bastards sent me to some hole in the wall restaurants I ended up with food poisoning on Monday. 3 days eating barely nothing and sleeping on the toilet now has me as skinny as Mike. True story: Swan Oyster House did me in. I'm still f'd up.
Was that in the 991 RS thread? I think I remember now...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-gt3-rs-7.html

Last edited by neanicu; 12-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 183 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
If you wear matching red shoes it has a slimming effect. If you're skinny like mike then you can afford to wear the yellow ones with the red dress and people won't laugh... Much.
I'm planning to plastidip the car yellow, alex, just for when I show it to you....it peels right off.....

PS. Sorry about the trots, frayed, glad I didn't recommend anything!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:21 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,271 Likes on 619 Posts

Because you San Francisco bastards sent me to some hole in the wall restaurants I ended up with food poisoning on Monday. 3 days eating barely nothing and sleeping on the toilet now has me as skinny as Mike.

True story: Swan Oyster House did me in. I'm still f'd up.
Oyster poisonings are the worst! Sorry to hear that.

There is something about SF. I also had a food poisoning and two bad colds since I moved here just 3 months ago - more trouble than in the previous 3 years.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Now you know where you need to go 3 days before that special occasion where you need to fit in those pants/suit.3
Old 12-05-2013, 09:57 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Because you San Francisco bastards sent me to some hole in the wall restaurants I ended up with food poisoning on Monday. 3 days eating barely nothing and sleeping on the toilet now has me as skinny as Mike.

True story: Swan Oyster House did me in. I'm still f'd up.
Sorry Frayed. Glad I didn't recommend this restaurant. Now I know why you chose your Avatar.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I got off the 13 hr flight from HK this morning. Damn cold in Zurich. A few hours later was sitting in my own new acquisition. I cant even begin to tell you how the car looks and sounds in the flesh. In white the photos just dont do it any justice. I wondered a long time if I had chosen the wrong colour and whilst many others said the 991 GT3 was the best looking 911 yet I was very much a fence sitter in this regard. I can absolute tell you in the flesh its an absolutely stunning looking car, nice coke bottle shape with wide rear haunches etc. I just couldnt get the grin off my face all morning. Havent driven it yet as awaiting plates and insurance tomorrow, its one of the first RHD made and sitting in it it just felt so right. Its a lifetime of dreaming and hard work to tick this one off the bucket list but I have to say sitting in that drivers seat (full clubsport spec with cage etc) made it all seem worthwhile. Im almost too scared to drive it and get it dirty. This is one car the photos really dont do any justice to especially in the flat colours. The thing is gorgeous inside and out and for the moment the 993 is temporarily forgotten. Its bloody cold here (0 celcius today) and getting out off town without snow to reach the ferry for Sicily will be the next challenge. Not sure when I will post next but hopefully from warmer climes. Im sure Ill have a story or two to tell but given what Im reading from others in UK just taken delivery I should like what I find. Im really lost to describe the feeling of having a new factory GT3 delivered in my name, but I feel bloody fortunate!

And some additional observations....

It really does look so much better in the flesh than the (poor) rushed snaps. Interestingly as soon as I saw it I felt it looked smaller than I was expecting. Maybe Ive seen too many midgets like Chris Harris & Jethro Bothrington standing next to it in press shots! I know the 991 series is quite a bit bigger than the older air cooled cars but alone (not next to say the 993) I felt it looked "just right" and very much like the skin was wrapped tightly around the complex mechanical s - much like I feel about the 993 look. They actually have more in common visually than I thought. Sitting in the car felt immediately intimate and like a glove. I guess it helps being a bit bigger as I appreciate there is more space in the 991 GT3 but it didnt feel "huge".
Attached Images     
Old 12-05-2013, 11:36 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I got off the 13 hr flight from HK this morning. Damn cold in Zurich. A few hours later was sitting in my own new acquisition. I cant even begin to tell you how the car looks and sounds in the flesh. In white the photos just dont do it any justice. I wondered a long time if I had chosen the wrong colour and whilst many others said the 991 GT3 was the best looking 911 yet I was very much a fence sitter in this regard. I can absolute tell you in the flesh its an absolutely stunning looking car, nice coke bottle shape with wide rear haunches etc. I just couldnt get the grin off my face all morning. Havent driven it yet as awaiting plates and insurance tomorrow, its one of the first RHD made and sitting in it it just felt so right. Its a lifetime of dreaming and hard work to tick this one off the bucket list but I have to say sitting in that drivers seat (full clubsport spec with cage etc) made it all seem worthwhile. Im almost too scared to drive it and get it dirty. This is one car the photos really dont do any justice to especially in the flat colours. The thing is gorgeous inside and out and for the moment the 993 is temporarily forgotten. Its bloody cold here (0 celcius today) and getting out off town without snow to reach the ferry for Sicily will be the next challenge. Not sure when I will post next but hopefully from warmer climes. Im sure Ill have a story or two to tell but given what Im reading from others in UK just taken delivery I should like what I find. Im really lost to describe the feeling of having a new factory GT3 delivered in my name, but I feel bloody fortunate!

And some additional observations....

It really does look so much better in the flesh than the (poor) rushed snaps. Interestingly as soon as I saw it I felt it looked smaller than I was expecting. Maybe Ive seen too many midgets like Chris Harris & Jethro Bothrington standing next to it in press shots! I know the 991 series is quite a bit bigger than the older air cooled cars but alone (not next to say the 993) I felt it looked "just right" and very much like the skin was wrapped tightly around the complex mechanical s - much like I feel about the 993 look. They actually have more in common visually than I thought. Sitting in the car felt immediately intimate and like a glove. I guess it helps being a bit bigger as I appreciate there is more space in the 991 GT3 but it didnt feel "huge".
-- Wow. looks Awesome! very Clean Lines in White. thx for posting!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 378 Likes on 226 Posts

Congrats Macca! Looks excellent! My favorite color for this car too! Is that you in the pics? You look tall man!!! Can you fit?
I'm looking forward to your impressions after driving it!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:48 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Congrats Macca, at the moment we are living vicariously through you.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Congrats, macca! I'm jealous of the clubsport package!!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Awesome – congrats Macca! That is one beautiful car – have fun tomorrow!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:56 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations! Love the white. Have a blast and please more pics.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 183 Likes on 93 Posts

Your long wait is over; I can understand why it must be hard to believe you actually have the car. Anyway congrats, Macca, the car is gorgeous! Drive it safely and enjoy your trip.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

A Massive Congrats Macca!
The car looks awesome!

I can only imagine what an incredible feeling you must have...
Drive it.....I'm sure everyone is anxiously waiting your comments & pics.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:30 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats!!! Very excited for you and very jealous at the same time (but excitement outweighs the jealousy...)...

Hope to hear more of your first driving impressions and more PICS!

Quick Reply: First Real World Owners Feedback?