Sponsored by:

Sport Bucket Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Yes, but the deduction for state and local sales tax is in lieu of state and local income tax. You don't get to claim both, so you need to be in situation where your total sales tax liability exceeds your state income tax liability.
Originally Posted by gskudlarick
OK, Got it. Makes sense.. sounded too good to be true the way I initially interpreted it.
I'll have to double check this....worst case is that when I pick up the car I don't have to deal with the financial BS.

Edit: It's true you can't claim both income tax and sales tax. However, you can use the state sales tax table and then add the tax for the vehicle on top of that. Given the amount of tax on a $150K car it may be advantageous to do that rather than claim state income tax. This deduction expires at the end of 2013 and may or may not be renewed by Congress.

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 12-30-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
That's great. Gonna be a fun month of January. We should all set up a California 991 GT3 meet/drive. Would help with the break-in miles. You gonna do a clear bra?
That would be fun. I'm on the fence about a clear bra. I declined the dealer installed option but may go aftermarket with a custom install. Leaning slightly against at the moment.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info... Thx. I've seen guys start an energy drink business then ruin the car by wrapping it in the logo. "ATOMIC NOS II PURE ENERGY"... And then sponsor thier car as a race car... Too much!!!.. Ill be happy to just get the car purchased and in a nice warm garage so u can sit in it and play the radio until the snow clears
Old 12-30-2013, 11:28 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
That would be fun. I'm on the fence about a clear bra. I declined the dealer installed option but may go aftermarket with a custom install. Leaning slightly against at the moment.
I have never bothered to do it before but am also on the fence...still have some time, but not too much!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:50 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

At first, I was definitely going to do it...

Now, I'm leaning toward doing a coating like OptiCoat or CQuartz Finest. I figure a really big rock will wind up denting through the clear bra anyway--and since I'm getting white, I'll need to replace the bra every couple or three years too. If that's the case, might as well get a coating that beads water off well, retains the look and feel of paint, etc. instead.

That said, with months to go before delivery, I'm bound to change my mind another half dozen times.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:27 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Big vote for C Quartz Finest. Have it done to all my cars. Now, I wish there was some new info to get us back on topic :-/
Old 12-31-2013, 06:47 AM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Spoken like someone so far down the 991 gt3 list at his dealership that he can say this without actually blushing! Right, Joe!
That's all? You & your passenger don't need no stinking seat airbags...except when you run into that unexpected crash! Then the 'thorax' of both occupants might not like it so much, since the engineers designed crash protection of the cabin to include working airbags on the seats. The thorax is that portion of your body, between your neck & abdomen, that includes the ribs, dorsal vertebrae and internal cavity with major organs like your heart & lungs. But other than that, it's nice to know the gt2 seats on a 981 & 991 are mostly 'functional' and move/glide nicely back & forth.

Hope nothing bad ever happens because, in our current litigious environment, a smart lawyer would have a field day with injuries (e.g. your passenger) arising from such alteration to the safety 'equipment' of your vehicle.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Why so bitter, doctor? Only the drivers side seat airbag did not work. I only installed a single seat. All other air bags were functional. The addition of a roll/harness bar and 6 point harness with HANS provide additional safety value and one could argue if you are better off on the track with or without a harness and HANS versus just the air bags on the track with the new GT3, or any other tracked car for that matter. Are you adverse to anyone tracking their cars without harness and HANS. Better keep that new GT3 on the street then. Makes you wonder how we all got by over the past few decades without seat airbags.

Regards
Old 12-31-2013, 07:24 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was all for a bra, then heard on a white car it turns yellow. On the fence for now
Old 12-31-2013, 09:06 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
I was all for a bra, then heard on a white car it turns yellow. On the fence for now
X-pel ultimate will not turn yellow. Its a fabulous film.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Show me a product that doesnt turn yellow? Ill attach a few pictures later of a 1 month old 3500km white car (mine) and the only real cosmetic blemish after 3500km spririted driving are teh factory clear protectors on the back quarter panels...
Old 12-31-2013, 09:23 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Show me a product that doesnt turn yellow? Ill attach a few pictures later of a 1 month old 3500km white car (mine) and the only real cosmetic blemish after 3500km spririted driving are teh factory clear protectors on the back quarter panels...
I had the same issue with the factory clear protectors on my white 2011 Turbo S. I had the dealer replace them with custom-cut X-Pel, and so far there is no yellowing after two plus years.

I also have a full front clear bra of X-Pel, which was installed 18 months ago, and I can't detect any yellowing or other discoloration with it.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:35 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
At first, I was definitely going to do it...

Now, I'm leaning toward doing a coating like OptiCoat or CQuartz Finest. I figure a really big rock will wind up denting through the clear bra anyway--and since I'm getting white, I'll need to replace the bra every couple or three years too. If that's the case, might as well get a coating that beads water off well, retains the look and feel of paint, etc. instead.

That said, with months to go before delivery, I'm bound to change my mind another half dozen times.
big rocks don't dent through a clear bra, unless you're off roading or someone drops a brick on your car.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:28 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha--thanks for the clarification. Perhaps I used the wrong wording ("dent"). Let me reword. Are you saying that a clear bra cannot be marred by road debris?
Old 12-31-2013, 10:51 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

rookie porsche wannabe here:

is there any truth to what i'm hearing that the gt3 is the first 911 that they pushed the motor slightly forward (or rear axle slightly back), making it closer to a mid engined car ?
Old 12-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
big rocks don't dent through a clear bra, unless you're off roading or someone drops a brick on your car.
Sure they can. I've had small rocks (about 1/2" size) cut through the clear bra and gouge the paint. It's not Lexan or Kevlar.

Quick Reply: Sport Bucket Seats?