Sponsored by:

Voting with your pocketbook?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
Some folks here who absolutely will not buy the 991 GT3 should move on.
Why did you bother opening a thread titled "Voting with your pocketbook", let alone 'contribute', if you don't want to hear from those not interested in the car?
Old 06-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im just saying.... You can do what ever you like or "contribute" as much as you like. Its a free country. I personally find reading folks who are on the fence a with concerns of MT and RWS etc interesting. Anyone beyond that who has no intentions of buying at 991 GT3 or never own any GT3 who voice their opinions of why they don't want to buy are Trolls.

I guess this tread is stupid if you take it literally because the vote will be 5 billion to 2 if you count everyone who dont care about the 991 GT3. I thought it was a thread for people who will buy it and people who may buy it that may have an issue with some of the new tech.

PNA, if you are reading this, you lost. This voting thread includes every who never intended to buy.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:02 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Why did you bother opening a thread titled "Voting with your pocketbook", let alone 'contribute', if you don't want to hear from those not interested in the car?
I don't think he did, open the thread that is. Nor do we not want to hear from those really in the market. Current owners or prospective buyers.

I think the guy he's referring to has about 200 posts, and about 195 are about the fact that the 991 GT3 doesnt have a manual. We get it and the said poster has made his point and is more than welcome to buy any car circa 2011 and before that is offered in manual.. Including the very fine 2011 997.2GT3.

I just don't think he's in the market or he would have done just that.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:19 AM
Dude-
Pro

Im on this forum because Im excited and want to learn from you fine gentlemen's. Pros and cons. Some of the cons are legitimate but some posters are what I considered as trolls. Don't take it the wrong way, its really directed to "10 sec is not a big deal guy".
While the new GT3 is aim to save 10th of seconds, it is clear that this GT3 is not for ms Daisey driver who thinks shaving 10 secs at a time at the ring is easy.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Anyone beyond that who has no intentions of buying at 991 GT3 or never own any GT3 who voice their opinions of why they don't want to buy are Trolls.
I disagree. You don't have to be in a position to buy the car to express why you are displeased with it. Take into consideration that some of these people may be in the secondary market when you go to sell yours - if they don't want it, there goes your resale value.

The OP asked who will be buying something else given what we now know about the 991 GT3. I am also curious to know if anybody else will be "voting with their pocketbook", whether it is a long-time member here like mdrums, or even if that pocketbook is of the virtual type from a new contributor.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

The OP asked who will be buying something else given what we now know about the 991 GT3. I am also curious to know if anybody else will be "voting with their pocketbook", whether it is a long-time member here like mdrums, or even if that pocketbook is of the virtual type from a new contributor.
If you re-read the post that started this thread, you'll see that the OP said nothing about buying something else. He basically was calling for a boycott of the car ("who's up for the challenge holding off" on a purchase) in order to send a message of dissatisfaction to Porsche. As someone who has a genuine interest in the car, and has carefully evaluated all the issues around it, that seemed presumptuous to me. If you're not interested, a boycott is irrelevant.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Im on this forum because Im excited and want to learn from you fine gentlemen's. Pros and cons. Some of the cons are legitimate but some posters are what I considered as trolls. Don't take it the wrong way, its really directed to "10 sec is not a big deal guy".
While the new GT3 is aim to save 10th of seconds, it is clear that this GT3 is not for ms Daisey driver who thinks shaving 10 secs at a time at the ring is easy.
Look dude -- read this thread's topic and then see who the real troll is. I did have intentions of buying the 991 GT3 had it followed the previous formula of being Cup Car - lite.

I didn't say shaving 10 seconds at the ring is easy either - I said it wasn't "amazing"; is your reading comprehension really that bad?
Old 06-07-2013, 03:05 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
I don't think he did, open the thread that is. Nor do we not want to hear from those really in the market. Current owners or prospective buyers.

I think the guy he's referring to has about 200 posts, and about 195 are about the fact that the 991 GT3 doesnt have a manual. We get it and the said poster has made his point and is more than welcome to buy any car circa 2011 and before that is offered in manual.. Including the very fine 2011 997.2GT3.

I just don't think he's in the market or he would have done just that.
I've already voiced why I didn't buy a previous-generation GT3. Since you follow all my posts you should know that
Old 06-07-2013, 03:13 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If you're not interested, a boycott is irrelevant.
He is interested in a GT3 following the cup car lite formula. The boycott would be on the presumption that Porsche returns to it with the next car...
Old 06-07-2013, 03:53 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If you re-read the post that started this thread, you'll see that the OP said nothing about buying something else. He basically was calling for a boycott of the car ("who's up for the challenge holding off" on a purchase) in order to send a message of dissatisfaction to Porsche. As someone who has a genuine interest in the car, and has carefully evaluated all the issues around it, that seemed presumptuous to me. If you're not interested, a boycott is irrelevant.
Since you are picking nits, here is the excerpt from the original post:

"My question is to the folks who were considering 991 GT3, or are thinking about it, but do not like some aspects of 991 such as no-manual, no bucket seats, no Metzger, heavier car, harder to maintain, 4W steering, etc... would you be willing to VOTE with your pocketbook? Such as holding off a purchase, sending a message to Porsche?"

I interpreted his use of "such as" being synonymous with "for instance"; holding off a purchase or "boycotting" being either waiting for another Porsche model, or going to another brand. Either way, it is not a stretch to assume a dissatisfied potential 991 GT3 buyer with an empty garage space and $150k in his/her pocket "voting with their pocketbook" will be buying something else.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:46 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
I've already voiced why I didn't buy a previous-generation GT3. Since you follow all my posts you should know that
Must have missed that one .. You mean you have posts unrelated to bashing a car that hasn't come out yet?

What 911's have you enjoyed/bought? If you didn't like the previous generation GT3's.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:49 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
Must have missed that one .. You mean you have posts unrelated to bashing a car that hasn't come out yet?

What 911's have you enjoyed/bought? If you didn't like the previous generation GT3's.
Where did I say anything about not liking the previous generation GT3s? Normal people read the entire thread before they spout off with nonsense, others don't mind simply talking out of their backside.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 95 Posts

Gentlemen, in the Porsche universe RL is nothing more than a pimple on an elephants ***. Don't delude yourselves in thinking Porsche moves its needle based on the comments on this board. If there is one thing most companies know is car forums do not represent the majority of their customer base. They may monitor but beyond that nothing more.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Dude-
Pro

Originally Posted by destaccado
Look dude -- read this thread's topic and then see who the real troll is. I did have intentions of buying the 991 GT3 had it followed the previous formula of being Cup Car - lite.

I didn't say shaving 10 seconds at the ring is easy either - I said it wasn't "amazing"; is your reading comprehension really that bad?
Destaccado- sorry I wasn't specific which may cause the misunderstanding. I was actually referring you as a 991 GT3 troll as a whole. Please accept my apologies.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:10 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Since you are picking nits, here is the excerpt from the original post:

"My question is to the folks who were considering 991 GT3, or are thinking about it, but do not like some aspects of 991 such as no-manual, no bucket seats, no Metzger, heavier car, harder to maintain, 4W steering, etc... would you be willing to VOTE with your pocketbook? Such as holding off a purchase, sending a message to Porsche?"

I interpreted his use of "such as" being synonymous with "for instance"; holding off a purchase or "boycotting" being either waiting for another Porsche model, or going to another brand. Either way, it is not a stretch to assume a dissatisfied potential 991 GT3 buyer with an empty garage space and $150k in his/her pocket "voting with their pocketbook" will be buying something else.
You've got to be kidding!!!! Historically Porsche has produced only 1,000 GT3
and GT3RS cars per year worldwide. (14,145 GT3s since 1999) The 991 GT3 is already oversold with dealers having more orders than they likely can fill.
Several have already stopped taking GT3 orders knowing they will not be able
to deliver them. The GT models are only made for limited periods and
then production stops. The 991 GT3 is faster than any previous model and,
as with virtually every 911 before it, will be a better car than ever before.
80% of GT3s are tracked so these are not "Poseurs" Do you seriously believe you not ordering one will "send Porsche a message" that will override an overflowing order book? The "Message" has already been sent. The vast majority of us love the new GT3 and I can't wait to get my hands on mine.
It may not be exactly as I would have designed or optioned it, but it is, IMHO,
the best offering out there.

Quick Reply: Voting with your pocketbook?