Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voting with your pocketbook?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Not sure why you chose to quote me here...my choice to buy a different car is because I prefer it to the 991 GT3, not to "send a message" per se. But if Porsche's GT3 demographic shifts as a result of the new car's change in philosophy, then the message will have been sent. Only time will tell...
Old 06-07-2013, 01:57 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
Destaccado- sorry I wasn't specific which may cause the misunderstanding. I was actually referring you as a 991 GT3 troll as a whole. Please accept my apologies.
LOL!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:54 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
Destaccado- sorry I wasn't specific which may cause the misunderstanding. I was actually referring you as a 991 GT3 troll as a whole. Please accept my apologies.
LOL.

Actually, I'd change that to 991 generically. Here's a guy with 200 posts. I'd guess 90% are on the 991 forums, a car he clearly doesn't like and is not in the market for. Why, I ask with tears in my eyes (and tongue firmly in my cheek)
Old 06-07-2013, 06:48 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Funny watching a bunch of grown men act like teenage girls trying to defend Porsche and the hopped-up Carrera they want to buy.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
Funny watching a bunch of grown men act like teenage girls trying to defend Porsche and the hopped-up Carrera they want to buy.
It's a lot of cash to lay down. I don't blame them.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Why do you care what people who are interested in a car that you're clearly not interested in, are doing? Seems odd.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Why do you care what people who are interested in a car that you're clearly not interested in, are doing? Seems odd.
Its envy.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:30 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you see, decasto, (never having owned a GT3 but is an expert on them of the interwebs), goes to work in the middle east, makes a ton of money, returns to the US and wants what he wants.

He's not getting what he wants so he decided to register on RL and throw a temper tantrum by posting the same drivel over and over again to satisfy his anger. There's no real point to his posts; there's no revolution to be had. And, being *such* an enthusiast but refuses nearly new 997 GT3s b/c someone else farted in them before he got to fart in them.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

[quote]

Last edited by destaccado; 06-08-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:54 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
Its envy.
I'm not envious of your 991 GT3 Nick -- I'm disappointed with the direction Porsche has moved and is clearly moving under Volkswagen's stewardship. Although, since you've read all the threads and we've already discussed this you knew that
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Mike. This forum is a discussion on the virtues of the 991 GT3. I wasn't aware it was supposed to be a circle-jerk.

In regards to why I care, an elementary level of reading comprehension would show why I made that statement. I can't believe that someone able to afford one of these vehicles on their own accord really needs an answer to that...
Old 06-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm not envious of your 991 GT3 Nick -- I'm disappointed with the direction Porsche has moved and is clearly moving under Volkswagen's stewardship. Although, since you've read all the threads and we've already discussed this you knew that
Do yourself a favor. Let it go. You are personalizing Porsche's car making decisions. If unhappy with Porsche's direction, let them know with which ever way you feel comfortable. But to rain on other peoples parade is not appropriate.

Move on. You are not fighting the Iraqi's here. It is not life or death. It's a stupid car.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:09 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
Do yourself a favor. Let it go. You are personalizing Porsche's car making decisions. If unhappy with Porsche's direction, let them know with which ever way you feel comfortable. But to rain on other peoples parade is not appropriate.

Move on. You are not fighting the Iraqi's here. It is not life or death. It's a stupid car.
Nick. Do yourself a favor. Let it go. You aren't defending your wife's honor. It's a piece of metal. No one is chastising you for purchasing it. In fact -- as I've said in other threads -- on paper so far it could be the nicest daily driver for a guy who doesn't need backseats that Porsche has ever made.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Mike. This forum is a discussion on the virtues of the 991 GT3. I wasn't aware it was supposed to be a circle-jerk.

In regards to why I care, an elementary level of reading comprehension would show why I made that statement. I can't believe that someone able to afford one of these vehicles on their own accord really needs an answer to that...
destaccado, you made the comment that it's "funny watching a bunch of grown men act like teenage girls trying to defend Porsche and the hopped-up Carrera they want to buy." That doesn't sound like someone who cares about the GT3 and it's virtues, or has an interest in knowing anything about why others care about it. It just sounds like someone who is petulantly dissing everyone who disagrees with his POV.

Seems pointless, and like I said, odd.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

You made the comment that it's "funny watching a bunch of grown men act like teenage girls trying to defend Porsche and the hopped-up Carrera they want to buy." That doesn't sound like someone who cares about the GT3 and it's virtues, or has an interest in knowing anything about why others care about it. It just sounds like someone who is petulantly dissing everyone who disagrees with his POV.

Seems pointless, and like I said, odd.
Mike -- my comment was in response to people that were directing personal attacks on me. Seriously?

This thread was about individuals not buying the GT3 in order to send a message to Porsche that some of us are unhappy with the changes. It's turned into a thread for the circle-jerkers to justify their 140k purchase and dismiss everyone who isn't happy with Porsche's direction.

Go buy the car and enjoy it Mike. If I wanted to upgrade from an 09 PDK 911 S and had similar uses planned - I'd be thrilled with the new car too. Just don't expect former GT3 enthusiasts to come by and drool over your faster Carrera - and then be butthurt when they don't.

Quick Reply: Voting with your pocketbook?