Sponsored by:

Voting with your pocketbook?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No temper tantrums here, big boy.

So you are a gamer, turned iraqie wannabe-merc, now with a pocketful of cash in your 20s think somehow your are going to accomplish something productive on rennlist by assuming the role of a knuckle dragging troll?

MmmK. Good luck with that.

So the point of all your drivel is a revolution? What are you after?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 PM
nycartdealer
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
You've got to be kidding!!!! Historically Porsche has produced only 1,000 GT3
and GT3RS cars per year worldwide. (14,145 GT3s since 1999) The 991 GT3 is already oversold with dealers having more orders than they likely can fill.
Several have already stopped taking GT3 orders knowing they will not be able
to deliver them. The GT models are only made for limited periods and
then production stops. The 991 GT3 is faster than any previous model and,
as with virtually every 911 before it, will be a better car than ever before.
80% of GT3s are tracked so these are not "Poseurs" Do you seriously believe you not ordering one will "send Porsche a message" that will override an overflowing order book? The "Message" has already been sent. The vast majority of us love the new GT3 and I can't wait to get my hands on mine.
It may not be exactly as I would have designed or optioned it, but it is, IMHO,
the best offering out there.
agree with this 1000%
Old 06-07-2013, 11:07 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
No temper tantrums here, big boy.

So you are a gamer, turned iraqie wannabe-merc, now with a pocketful of cash in your 20s think somehow your are going to accomplish something productive on rennlist by assuming the role of a knuckle dragging troll?

MmmK. Good luck with that.

So the point of all your drivel is a revolution? What are you after?
I'm also extremely close to finishing out my nuclear engineering degree (not that I needed to point out that I'm probably smarter than you when anyone that reads your poor writing can see that), have a beautiful girlfriend and the only productive thing I'm interested in accomplishing right now is pointing out that at least my life is still in front of me!

Enjoy your hopped-up Carrera and your bitter old age -- you don't need me to justify spending your money Enjoy in good health!

Last edited by destaccado; 06-08-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Dude-
Pro

Very Nice destaccado. Spoken like a true kid. I had you pegged out from the beginning of this thread without even looking into your last post. You have alot to learn my friend.

Frayed gave you too much credit on his previous post.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:31 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dude-
Very Nice destaccado. Spoken like a true kid. I had you pegged out from the beginning of this thread without even looking into your last post. You have alot to learn my friend.

Frayed gave you too much credit on his previous post.
Says the 31 post New Yorker Lamborghini fan who has spent half his posts trying to debate and insult me. You and the new car are a PERFECT fit, especially since there's nowhere in NYC to drive and appreciate a true GT3 anyways. This one will be perfect for showing off around Manhattan and doing burn-outs on 5th with the new PDK system. Maybe you can even get a cool license plate like "1percnt" and drive by Zuccotti park?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Dude-
Pro

Like you, I'm also young. We both have a chip on our shoulders which is why I can take an challenge from you and return one. Most of the folks here are will not go as far as I will.

In life, there is always somebody who has a bigger stick. We all didn't sit around collecting welfare to buy a Porsche. We earned it which leads me to believe we are all pretty intelligent. No need to play who is smarter game here.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:51 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dude-
Like you, I'm also young. We both have a chip on our shoulders which is why I can take an challenge from you and return one. Most of the folks here are will not go as far as I will.

In life, there is always somebody who has a bigger stick. We all didn't sit around collecting welfare to buy a Porsche. We earned it which leads me to believe we are all pretty intelligent. No need to play who is smarter game here.
You got me. I'll even admit that doing a burnout past those 99%ers in Zuccotti park in the new GT3 sounds like a lot of fun...
Old 06-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Dude-
Pro

I do plan to track it. I track all my other cars.

Last edited by Dude-; 06-09-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Dude-
Pro

OK. Lets call it Des.

Last edited by Dude-; 06-09-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
Mike -- my comment was in response to people that were directing personal attacks on me. Seriously?

This thread was about individuals not buying the GT3 in order to send a message to Porsche that some of us are unhappy with the changes. It's turned into a thread for the circle-jerkers to justify their 140k purchase and dismiss everyone who isn't happy with Porsche's direction.

Go buy the car and enjoy it Mike. If I wanted to upgrade from an 09 PDK 911 S and had similar uses planned - I'd be thrilled with the new car too. Just don't expect former GT3 enthusiasts to come by and drool over your faster Carrera - and then be butthurt when they don't.
Not everyone who has disagreed with you in this thread has "attacked" you. Maybe you should focus your response.

You know nothing about the cars I've owned and how I've driven them, but if you think my latest ride gives you some insight, speculate away. Anyway, I don't buy cars to impress anyone but myself, so it's pretty hard to get my feelings hurt by others whose opinions are irrelevant to my decision. Now if my wife doesn't like it, I'll be butthurt.

BTW, since you mentioned reading comprehension earlier, you should try employing it yourself. If you did, you'd note that many people with desposits are former and current GT owners. Not that it matters; none of the ones I've corresponded with are interested in who drools over their new car either.

I hope you get past this trauma over the new GT3, destaccado, and find a car that makes you happy.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Mike, I'm also extremely close to finishing out my nuclear engineering degree (not that I needed to point out that I'm probably smarter than you when anyone that reads your poor writing can see that), have a beautiful girlfriend and the only productive thing I'm interested in accomplishing right now is pointing out that at least my life is still in front of me!

Enjoy your hopped-up Carrera and your bitter old age -- you don't need me to justify spending your money Enjoy in good health!
Excuse me? I think you have your posters and facts mixed up there, sparky. You respond to frayed's post with an attempted put down of me? Take an aspirin and lie down, dude, you're becoming unhinged! Bitter old age.....that's a good one.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:25 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Excuse me? I think you have your posters and facts mixed up there, sparky. You respond to frayed's post with an attempted put down of me? Take an aspirin and lie down, dude, you're becoming unhinged! Bitter old age.....that's a good one.
You're right. That was directed at him not you. My bad.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

You're right. That was directed at him not you. My bad.
No problem. I get it. When you're insulting multiple people at the same time it can be hard to keep track.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:32 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
No problem. I get it. When you're insulting multiple people at the same time it can be hard to keep track.
...and the reverse is also true.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

...and the reverse is also true.
The reverse of what? The only person I've even come close to giving a bad time is you!

Quick Reply: Voting with your pocketbook?