Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR titanium exhaust cracking all over, is this common ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 09:40 PM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

amazing…

I have a JCR valved exhaust on mine and I hope this ends well for all. I’ll be looking at akra or dundon for my next car
Old 12-30-2021, 12:48 AM
porscherain
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

This is a total bummer for those involved and myself. I was seriously considering JCR but now I have to wait to see how this is handled.
The following 2 users liked this post by porscherain:
991C2S88 (12-30-2021), ASR6 (01-02-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 02:56 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

For those considering a purchase of one of these from JCR, I don't think you'll have an issue if street driving is all you do.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:03 PM
ASR6
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tempted to go inconel after seeing these issues starting to crop up with ti cracking. For heavy track duty id say its worth the investment.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:26 AM
bpmotorworks
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder what the pipe thickness and what grade titanium is used. The website only states "motorsport grade" and doesn't list the thickness or actual grade of titanium.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:35 PM
gt3.997
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

For what it’s worth, I have the regular non resonated bypass from JCR, not the race pipe. I’ve done 5 track days and I inspected mine yesterday after seeing this thread. No cracks on the exhaust anywhere. For that particular bypass, looks like mine held up fine.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:49 PM
n d
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 106 Posts

Don’t these companies realize the customer service is the most important aspect of continuous business….. what would have been a minor cost to jcr is now costing the company a lot more in headache….

good job!
The following users liked this post:
zmon (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 12:53 PM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

That' is for sure. Granted if JCR was a chinese company with a cheap product and it broke, fine, you get what you pay for. But if exclusive made in UK and PREMIUM price, take care of your customers! Heck send him a new exhaust.
The following users liked this post:
TET GT3 (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 06:37 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
This thread sure makes Dundon's customer service shine.

JCR Telling a customer to spend $1200 in shipping & ins to return it overseas and "maybe we will look at it" is anything but reassuring.
Nice stonewall.
Perhaps JCR has the last word...
To be totally clear, the OP is not a JCR customer, the part was purchased used.

The OP reached out and we engaged prior to this post being created as mentioned above and the correspondence certainly wasn’t as you describe above.

We asked for further information and provided a couple of solutions to quickly remedy the issue. We heard nothing more from that point, until this thread was created.

I did ask for permission to post the original correspondence for avoidance of doubt as this thread is now wavering from some key points but I’m yet to hear back from the OP. Obviously I can’t share this without permission.

Originally Posted by Franko T
That' is for sure. Granted if JCR was a chinese company with a cheap product and it broke, fine, you get what you pay for. But if exclusive made in UK and PREMIUM price, take care of your customers! Heck send him a new exhaust.
The OP is not one of our customers and in this thread I have urged them to get in touch and despite this plus two subsequent follow up emails to the original correspondence I have still heard nothing back.

I think it’s really quite important that none of this is taken out of context. We’re trying to help and we immediately got back to the OP when they originally contacted us with potential solutions. We had no response, at that point I just assumed the OP found another solution.

This thread was created and again I immediately responded urging the OP to get in touch.

We really don’t like seeing issues, as I mentioned above, sometimes they occur, very rarely in our case but we tried to resolve this on multiple occasions. Clearly our proposed resolutions were not to the liking of the OP hence no response.

Again, if the OP can respond to our emails or reach out then we can help resolve this. I think you’ll agree that without a line of communication it’s very difficult to progress in any way.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 01-05-2022, 07:28 PM
driIve
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

OP, I for one appreciate you creating this thread, both on the possible flaws of this product and more importantly how the company has decided to handle this situation.

I hate this "you bought it used" or "you didn't buy it from US" BS. It's still a product JCR puts out there that they charge a premium for. If nothing else JCR should've "demanded" that you ship the exhaust back to them so they can do some trouble shooting and make sure it isn't a design flaw.

I'm sure if this was a cheap *** Ebay knock off exhaust OP would just claim bad luck and throw it in the dumpster. Companies like Dundon, HRE, etc have lifetime warranties regardless if the items were bought new or used because they are so confident and proud about the stuff they put out there they will stand behind it no questions asked (also, they understand for a boutique company selling luxury items reputation is everything).

"To be totally clear, the OP is not a JCR customer, the part was purchased used." This statement from JCR really sealed the deal for me. What difference whether the product was new or used? Still your product. Oh right you already got paid once for it and since it changed hands (without you benefiting financially for it) you're off the hook.

Last edited by driIve; 01-05-2022 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:50 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by driIve
I hate this "you bought it used" or "you didn't buy it from US" BS. It's still a product JCR puts out there that they charge a premium for. If nothing else JCR should've "demanded" that you ship the exhaust back to them so they can do some trouble shooting and make sure it isn't a design flaw.
One of the first things we did in our original conversation was ask for it to be shipped back, as below:

“The best solution will be for you to ship the affected parts to us and we can perform a repair”

"To be totally clear, the OP is not a JCR customer, the part was purchased used." This statement from JCR really sealed the deal for me. What difference whether the product was new or used? Still your product. Oh right you already got paid once for it and since it changed hands (without you benefiting financially for it) you're off the hook.
That line you have quoted was in direct response to “JCR telling a customer to spend $1200 on shipping” etc.. That didn’t happen and is completely inaccurate.

Again, we’re trying to handle this with the OP directly but it’s impossible without any form of contact.

I have reached out again across a couple of platforms and hope to hear back from the OP.

JC

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 01-05-2022 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:29 PM
driIve
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
One of the first things we did in our original conversation was ask for it to be shipped back, as below:

“The best solution will be for you to ship the affected parts to us and we can perform a repair”

That line you have quoted was in direct response to “JCR telling a customer to spend $1200 on shipping” etc.. That didn’t happen, no mention of specific figures at all, as above.

Again, we’re trying to handle this with the OP but it’s impossible without any form of contact.

JC
I've read this whole thread the first time and aware of what you quoted. I don't think you understood what I wrote at all. I have no dog in this fight good luck to you both.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:36 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

good luck to you both.
As mentioned I’ve reached out again across a couple of platforms and hope to hear back from the OP soon.

JC
Old 01-05-2022, 11:17 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Companies like Dundon, HRE, etc have lifetime warranties regardless if the items were bought new or used because they are so confident and proud about the stuff they put out there they will stand behind it no questions asked (also, they understand for a boutique company selling luxury items reputation is everything).
that is not true, Dundon's warranty is only for the original purchaser, similarly for DSC and as far as I am aware this is standard for aftermarket parts. I have no skin in this game as I bought the Dundon exhaust, but JCR seem to be following industry norms.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:02 AM
Zubehor
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

Hi Jonny,
I just checked my email as well as my junk folder and i don't have any recent emails from you. Last email from you is on 9/22/2021 after we exchanged a few messages back and forth.
I do however have a pm that you just sent me on this forum and i will respond shortly.

If you want to post our conversation through emails you are welcome, all i ask is please do not include the name of the original owner of the exhaust that i gave you. He has nothing to do with this, he doesn't want to be involved, and that's another reason why i stop pursuing the discussion about the original owner.

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

JC
I am sorry Jonny but i don't see that quote anywhere in our emails. And that is also not the message that was portrayed in our brief email conversation.

The exact words you wrote back to me were " .... in any case, im happy to help get this resolved for you, We have a new item in stock if that helps or alternatively we can quote for the repair ..."

I did inquire more about the repair cost but you said you would have to see it and that's when i stop replying. Not because i got it resolved but because the two option that i was given weren't very helpful at all, in my opinion. Obviously some might think different.
one - i would be wary to buy a new exhaust when Ive had such a bad experience with the current one, what to say the new is any better, you can understand my concern
two - you couldn't give me a quote for the repair before sending to you, what if the repair cost would exceed a new exhaust? So again a losing proposition for me.

With that said i never made this thread to discuss the messages between us or even to bash JCR.
I honestly wanted to know if what i experienced with my JCR race pipe exhaust was an anomaly or is it more common and for whatever reason hasn't been discussed much. I did not expect to find out about at least 5-6 other cases with almost identical cracks and rips in the exhaust when used on track. I wish i knew that before, i think it would've managed my expectations what to expect and what not to expect from this exhaust. If its not a track exhaust then its not a track exhaust and i cant be disappointed.

Quick Reply: JCR titanium exhaust cracking all over, is this common ?