Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Drivers: How much attention do you get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 10:08 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

I think car attention is really based on where you live, and what people are use to seeing. Porsche GT cars are really known by us car freaks, and many see them as a Porsche variant. When I pulled out the RS and someone said wow nice Porsche what is it? I pull out the 675LT the cameras come up, and it’s like what the hell. The Speedster people stare as they get thrown by the humps, it’s weird or damn they know what it is. The end the Mac gets all the looks, and iPhone snaps.

The following users liked this post:
RDCR (10-25-2020)
Old 10-24-2020, 06:47 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

I think color is what attracts the eye primarily, and then the wing suggests that the car is not run of the mill.

Yesterday on my way home during traffic hours, an Audi zips by in the car pool lane, slows down, passenger has his/her phone out of the window taking video/pictures of my car.
Today, I am in the car pool lane, and I can see a Corvette in the rear view mirror catching up really fast. He pulls up beside me and the driver gives me the thumbs up, and then takes an exit.
An AMG SL with the top down, and the driver is giving me a friendly head bob of approval at the stop light this afternoon.
Heck even the people at the dealership turn heads and stare when I drove up for service a few days ago. Non stop positive compliments from the servicer advisors, salespeople, concierge guys, with everyone saying they love the color on the GT3.

These kind of things occur every time I drive the car, with everyone being polite. I live in a very nice part of town (country), where no one really bats an eye with high end cars. Literally everyone has a white/black/variation of grey/silver car/truck/SUV.

Color >>> Wing > Engine noise.

Last edited by Deven; 10-24-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:03 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Not trying to be a backseat driver. You forgot to lower the FAL for the pic. Just kidding of course. Epic pic and color.
The following users liked this post:
Lebreeze (10-27-2020)
Old 10-25-2020, 12:07 AM
Deven
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
Not trying to be a backseat driver. You forgot to lower the FAL for the pic. Just kidding of course. Epic pic and color.
Lol, I just noticed that. It was a steep circular incline to get to the top floor, and I figured I would keep the FAL up for the way down.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:56 AM
Berringer
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Agree with Deven. Color gets all the attention for mine. There is good attention and bad attention though...

Quick Reply: GT3 Drivers: How much attention do you get?