Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 12:51 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 956 Posts

Buckets give so much character to the car. If I could mount them in my cayenne, I would.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3-Pedals:
Brainofjjj (05-15-2023), GT3_AJ (05-14-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 01:23 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Buckets give so much character to the car. If I could mount them in my cayenne, I would.
So true
Old 05-13-2023, 03:16 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 977 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
I'd pay meaningfully more for PCCB and LWBs.
With you on buckets as necessary for a winged base or RS, wouldn't purchase either without. But would prefer sofas on a Touring. Want what you don't have in full effect I suppose.
Old 05-13-2023, 04:13 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Prices for the 991.2 GT3 seem to have soften a bit lately, am I wrong?
Old 05-13-2023, 05:17 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

Anyone have any dealings with Pacific Auto Center in Costa Mesa California??... I was looking at a Signal Green 2015 GT3 they had, but was leery because of so, so so many bad reviews

Well, now I realize why they had so many bad reviews online.

Spent 3 days (earlier this week) texting, emailing etc about a 2015 Porsche GT3, we finally reached a deal on price, basically full retail, (or even more) ....they sent me wire info, I sent back my drivers license, salesman said he'd prepare all the paperwork, It was a cash deal.... I lined up a carrier from California to Ohio, 2 hours later I get text from the salesman indicating the "owner" has to approve all deals and he denied this deal!...... So the "owner" denied selling a 2015 GT3 with 12k miles, for about $152k?, no response, asked for the "owners" name..No response, ...told him to tell the "owner" to contact me...No response

I then discovered they had so many bad reviews with the Better Business Bureau, they had an F rating (that's pretty hard to do) and were obviously not BBB accredited

All along, I was super vigilant, because I'm 2,000 miles away and their reviews were bad...although in 40+ years of buying over 150 cars, I've bought many sight unseen with virtually no problems, I have never had this situation occur.

Just discovered the possible reason...all along the ads indicated "contact dealer for price", they told me $153,995 was the asking price...we agreed last night and this morning by text on $151,995.

Then the car was listed yesterday at $157,995 on Autotrader.

I texted my salesman and said I might pay the new price of $157,995....a response came in literally in 5 MINUTES via text by the salesman, and a phone call from a "manager" came 2 minutes later willing to take a deposit over the phone instantly., no signed contract or anything, but NOW they are willing to take a deposit!

I told him I would only deal with the owner since I felt if he could cancel a deal that was already agreed to, he was the ONLY one that could actually make a deal.. Asked for his name, I was told "Joe"...I asked for "Joe's" last name and are you ready for his response???

"I've worked here for 10 years and I don't know his last name...only know him as Joe"

I also tried to cover by butt by having a friend who owns a group of dealerships buy the car, and then sell it to me, The manager said ...we don't sell to dealers period! He kept saying we don't do wholesale deals, I kept telling him, if he gets the dollars he wants, what is the difference WHO buys the car? I kept saying that's not a "wholesale" deal if you're getting "retail" money....all he kept saying is we will not sell to dealers

HOW do places like this still exist?
Old 05-13-2023, 05:27 PM
Acropora8
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by HOF Porsche
Anyone have any dealings with Pacific Auto Center in Costa Mesa California??... I was looking at a Signal Green 2015 GT3 they had, but was leery because of so, so so many bad reviews

Spent 3 days (earlier this week) texting, emailing etc about a 2015 Porsche GT3, we finally reached a deal on price, basically full retail, (or even more) ....they sent me wire info, I sent back my drivers license, salesman said he'd prepare all the paperwork, It was a cash deal.... I lined up a carrier from California to Ohio, 2 hours later I get text from the salesman indicating the "owner" has to approve all deals and he denied this deal!...... So the "owner" denied selling a 2015 GT3 with 12k miles, for about $152k?, no response, asked for the "owners" name..No response, ...told him to tell the "owner" to contact me...No response

I then discovered they had so many bad reviews with the Better Business Bureau, they had an F rating (that's pretty hard to do) and were obviously not BBB accredited

All along, I was super vigilant, because I'm 2,000 miles away and their reviews were bad...although in 40+ years of buying over 150 cars, I've bought many sight unseen with virtually no problems, I have never had this situation occur.

Just discovered the possible reason...all along the ads indicated "contact dealer for price", they told me $153,995 was the asking price...we agreed last night and this morning by text on $151,995.

I texted my salesman and said I might pay the new price of $157,995....a response came in literally in 5 MINUTES via text by the salesman, and a phone call from a "manager" came 2 minutes later willing to take a deposit over the phone instantly., no signed contract or anything, but NOW they are willing to take a deposit!

I told him I would only deal with the owner since I felt if he could cancel a deal that was already agreed to, he was the ONLY one that could actually make a deal.. Asked for his name, I was told "Joe"...I asked for "Joe's" last name and are you ready for his response???

"I've worked here for 10 years and I don't know his last name...only know him as Joe"

I also tried to cover by butt by having a friend who owns a group of dealerships buy the car, and then sell it to me, The manager said ...we don't sell to dealers period! He kept saying we don't do wholesale deals, I kept telling him, if he gets the dollars he wants, what is the difference WHO buys the car? I kept saying that's not a "wholesale" deal if you're getting "retail" money....all he kept saying is we will not sell to dealers

I was there yesterday to check out the car. I’m surprised you went for it at $153k because it’s pretty low optioned (no full leather, 4 ways, etc) but either way, I saw the initial ask and then he said the owner came out the top and raised the price which is why it was pulled from under you. I sat down to negotiate. I offered $150 and he said $156 which was $1k off the ask when it was initially listed at $153 before I came into the door. I walked out. Such a waste of time.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:40 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

The real question is how do people like you still do what you do? You are bending over backward on a 8 year old car with an engine that has a big uncertainty beyond next year. I would never pay $157,000 for that car (and the fact that it has 12k miles is absurd for that price). You can get a 991.2 GT3 for a little bit more. You can do so much better.
Old 05-13-2023, 07:04 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

The real question is how do people like you still do what you do? You are bending over backward on a 8 year old car with an engine that has a big uncertainty beyond next year. I would never pay $157,000 for that car (and the fact that it has 12k miles is absurd for that price). You can get a 991.2 GT3 for a little bit more. You can do so much better.
Wow...thanks for the compliment !

Actually the 10 yr warranty on that car has a little over 2 years left, I had been looking for a PTS green, how many of those exist?, and I would drive it for a year or so and then sell it. Someone will definitely buy it at close to that price, If you look at most sites, Manheim (which I have access to) Autotrader, Hemmings, Cars.com, etc etc, most with decently low miles are going in the $140-$150k range
Old 05-13-2023, 07:06 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Wow...thanks for the compliment !

Actually the 10 yr warranty on that car has a little over 2 years left, I had been looking for a PTS green, how many of those exist?, and I would drive it for a year or so and then sell it. Someone will definitely buy it at close to that price, If you look at most sites, Manheim (which I have access to) Autotrader, Hemmings, Cars.com, etc etc, most with decently low miles are going in the $140-$150k range
Do you think in a year when you have less than 1 year warranty left, you would be able to sell this car for that? Particularly considering where the car prices are headed?
Old 05-13-2023, 07:09 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Acropora8
I was there yesterday to check out the car. I’m surprised you went for it at $153k because it’s pretty low optioned (no full leather, 4 ways, etc) but either way, I saw the initial ask and then he said the owner came out the top and raised the price which is why it was pulled from under you. I sat down to negotiate. I offered $150 and he said $156 which was $1k off the ask when it was initially listed at $153 before I came into the door. I walked out. Such a waste of time.
You're surprised I offered $151,995? (and it was accepted) , and you offered $150k?.... That's pretty close in my mind. Not gonna find another Signal Green GT3, but hell, I dont trust they they even have the title, Car was listed as a lease less than 1 year ago on Carfax. Anyway, I'll stick to dealers I can trust and verify....at least one's that aren't afraid to give their last name's
Old 05-13-2023, 07:12 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

Do you think in a year when you have less than 1 year warranty left, you would be able to sell this car for that? Particularly considering where the car prices are headed?
I agree, I probably will lose some money, But it will still have decently low miles, and PTS which will add some value....And, I'll have driven it for a year or so.

Using your theory, NO 2014-2016 GT3's should be selling at all!
The following users liked this post:
justint5387 (05-19-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 10:04 PM
silvertige
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Prices for the 991.2 GT3 seem to have soften a bit lately, am I wrong?
Softer? compared to what time period? The past few months are less than the peak, but certainly nowhere near 2019/2020 levels.
And tourings? pricing seems pretty strong, imo. Winged? less so.
The following users liked this post:
Randy M (05-13-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 10:31 PM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
Softer? compared to what time period? The past few months are less than the peak, but certainly nowhere near 2019/2020 levels.

Prices for everything have softened
Old 05-13-2023, 10:55 PM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
This is a Porsche dealer, Carmine Red Canadian touring, well appointed although no FAL, 8K miles, asking $210K:

https://www.porschecoloradosprings.c...co-id-47545009
Old 05-13-2023, 11:06 PM
Bruce911_
Pro

Received 515 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by dbv1
This is a Porsche dealer, Carmine Red Canadian touring, well appointed although no FAL, 8K miles, asking $210K:

https://www.porschecoloradosprings.c...co-id-47545009
For whatever reasons Canadian cars sell for less in the U.S.

Last edited by Bruce911_; 05-13-2023 at 11:24 PM.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...