Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 02:39 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,346 Posts

Originally Posted by Body In White
Does anyone know what color this is? HGreg Lux has it for sale: 232K - WP0AF2A97GS192768 https://www.hgreglux.com/used-car/po...for-sale-11092

Mexico Blue
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 07:45 AM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by maroli
There were a couple that transacted north of 220k in the last year for winged cars, so call that around 40k above MSRP and in 2019, I saw quite a few listed in the 170k range so call that 15k below MSRP. I don't know if we're getting back below MSRP but we're still closer to the top in terms of pricing as of now!
Dealer is paying me 10k under MSRP for my 991.1. Mid 2020, soon after covid they were going for $20-$30k under. A friend of mine bought a 2016 GT3-RS for $150s back then. No one wanted these cars at that time.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:47 AM
eviligloo
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_max
Dealer is paying me 10k under MSRP for my 991.1. Mid 2020, soon after covid they were going for $20-$30k under. A friend of mine bought a 2016 GT3-RS for $150s back then. No one wanted these cars at that time.
Bottom of the market for that car was just after covid hit and everyone was unsure of job status, etc. There was a PTS manual gelbrgrun gt3 on here with all the desirable options and he couldn't sell it at $160k in the spring of 2020. He was getting lowballs and eventually pulled it from the market and didn't sell at all. There were some .1 GT3RS for 150-160k at that time on here that sold.

Top of the market was around April/May just as the stock market was dropping and before the fed raised interest rates. That wiped out a lot of equity and potential buyers.

Last edited by eviligloo; 08-15-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:37 AM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 74 Posts
Default That is Riviera I believe

Originally Posted by Body In White
Does anyone know what color this is? HGreg Lux has it for sale: 232K - WP0AF2A97GS192768 https://www.hgreglux.com/used-car/po...for-sale-11092

Beautiful color. Riviera I believe. I had a "discussion" with an HGreg salesperson --that is, if you consider a vertigo inducing facetime session where the salesman would not stop moving and focus on anything I was interested in looking at on the car to be a discussion. Then to make it worse, he proceeded to start and immediately rev the car. The entire exchange was really off-putting -- his main interest was in getting a deposit before he would even engage me on a PPI discussion. And he could not confirm the color in my conversation as he was not terribly conversant on Porsche/RS model. I was told the deposit was refundable but I was left with the distinct impression with the aggressive request for it in the first place (before getting any answers about other issues with the car) that getting that back would have been "interesting" and time consuming. I don't know if all this was normal with the dealer as it was my first contact with them ever--but it was not a good one. And they have a real nice inventory that seems to move so I have to believe not all of their sales people use this approach. It totally put me off the car and that's really sad. If I were local, it would be a different story but too hard from a distance.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:46 AM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HpIzKing
Beautiful color. Riviera I believe. I had a "discussion" with an HGreg salesperson --that is, if you consider a vertigo inducing facetime session where the salesman would not stop moving and focus on anything I was interested in looking at on the car to be a discussion. Then to make it worse, he proceeded to start and immediately rev the car. The entire exchange was really off-putting -- his main interest was in getting a deposit before he would even engage me on a PPI discussion. And he could not confirm the color in my conversation as he was not terribly conversant on Porsche/RS model. I was told the deposit was refundable but I was left with the distinct impression with the aggressive request for it in the first place (before getting any answers about other issues with the car) that getting that back would have been "interesting" and time consuming. I don't know if all this was normal with the dealer as it was my first contact with them ever--but it was not a good one. And they have a real nice inventory that seems to move so I have to believe not all of their sales people use this approach. It totally put me off the car and that's really sad. If I were local, it would be a different story but too hard from a distance.
I have a hard time trusting these types of dealerships. They seems to be the ones where the cars with stories end up at. They also sell a lot of lease returns and accident damaged cars at their lower end stores.
85Gold (08-16-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 12:17 PM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

P.S. I did also learn from a friend that bought there that HGreg adds two mandatory charges to every transaction which total $2K ($1299 for a pre-delivery service charge which is supposedly for reconditioning type items and $699 for "electronic service charge"--my thought was this could be added to a simple deposit if one is not careful. So read the fine print or be prepared to negotiate those away.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:21 PM
Rod27
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by HpIzKing
why would you or anyone even waste your time with a terribly overpriced older generation car?
HpIzKing (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 12:46 PM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rod27
why would you or anyone even waste your time with a terribly overpriced older generation car?

Preach to me brother...I do need it lol
msos (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 03:44 PM
dinkman
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

i know its subjective as hell but anyone have an opinion on chalk?? havent seen it in person on a gt3. some pics it looks dirty white some it looks light gray. cant tell if its too boring for a gt3
Old 08-16-2022, 04:06 PM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

Default color

Originally Posted by dinkman
i know its subjective as hell but anyone have an opinion on chalk?? havent seen it in person on a gt3. some pics it looks dirty white some it looks light gray. cant tell if its too boring for a gt3

Give me a second here to get to the point ---I have an avalanche grey Raptor that is similar to Porsche Chalk in the color spectrum and I love the color for the truck because it is a very different and unique color for a pickup (one year only color for the Raptor) AND as a daily driver/sometime off road vehicle, the color ALWAYS looks relatively clean.

Having said that, for strictly a fun car, the chalk spectrum might be a tad bland for my taste, or at least get that way quickly. I do think it looks great on the 991.2 RS and that is the only time I have seen it in the wild where I am.
dinkman (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 04:24 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 283 Likes on 149 Posts

Definitely subjective and from what I read here, Chalk is a color you either love or hate. If you’re looking to “stand out” with a flashy color, this isn’t it. I love the bold colors, but for me, I like to not stand out so much. The GT3 has a big wing which is as much as I want to stand out. As you can see, I like Chalk a lot. It changes color and hides dirt well. In the sunlight it is almost a washed out white/ grey and in darker conditions it looks more grey.

The following 2 users liked this post by Guaji:
CYKBC (08-20-2022), dinkman (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 04:38 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Chalk is a great color. If you're attracted to lighter colors I think it's much nicer than white. I also had a Raptor in Avalanche and was perfect for a truck so I have to think that you'd spend less time detailing it and more time driving it.
dinkman (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 05:08 PM
dinkman
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

thanks guys. going to check one out in Boston area Friday hopefully
Old 08-16-2022, 05:59 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by dinkman
thanks guys. going to check one out in Boston area Friday hopefully
it's highly desirable for resale
Old 08-16-2022, 07:05 PM
Azzurri GT3
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I LOVE Chalk.

There is a 2018 fully loaded chalk 6 speed at one of the local Porsche dealers here and they jus dropped their price 20k to 209k.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...